PDA

View Full Version : Girl Talk

linnea
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Recently I saw a thread related to what it feels like to be a woman, and it made me wonder about "girl talk." What do women talk about? Are their conversations different in content and style from men's? Are there somethings that CDs seem to be fascinated with that GGs seldom really give the conversational time of day? I think that it's mostly how they communicate rather than what they talk about, but still I wonder.

Sage GG
02-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I work in an office with three rooms full of women, maybe thirty in all. Today most of the conversations were about how cold it is, who's grandchildren did what this weekend and bathroom remodeling.

GypsyKaren
02-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, it's getting to be that time of year when my Kat will be talking about just one thing, which horse to bet on in the derby.

Karen

Tamara Croft
02-27-2006, 10:19 PM
:eek: girl talk!!!! OK, I'll tell you about 'real' girl talk when a group of us are out together on a pub crawl. It consists of, sex, makeup, sex, hair and more sex ;) Now I can't go into detail, I'd have to ban myself :p but let's just say girls talk about the raunchy things they did with their man 'last night' ........ can you imagine me saying....... 'yeah mine dressed up as a woman!!!' ;)

Oh and I forgot, we also talk about clothes, and men and how many one can pull in one night :p

Shelby
02-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Gee Tamara, if what you say is true and it is, guys are aren't much different. I have worked in the grocery biz for many years and meat men are some of the raunchiest people around. You wonder what girls talk about? It sounds like they talk about the same things we do but with less colorful language. Like girls, we have code words. Like cavemen, we use grunts and head nods. When a guy see's a hottie and wants to share his observation with another, he gives a nod and a smile. He's not saying "Hey buddy, how's it goin?" He's saying "Hottie in Aisle 3." If he should utter a word, it is simple "hey" which signals the other guy to start paying attention. Ever notice when an attractive girl walks by and your eyes linger but she never looks your way - she looked, she's just using her periphal vision. Basically girls talk about the same things guys talk about but just more girly. I have the unique and sometimes painful job of working with teens in a school. When working on scenery, guys will hardly utter one word, yet we know what each other is thinking. there thinking, man that girl looks hot with paint dripping down her arms, or she's standing on a ladder next to me. (MAjor note, I prefer the legal one's - not interested in the teens at all)!!! and why, because then a teen girl starts to talk and omg, they're like that teen cheerleader in the T-mobile commercials- they never shutup. The funny thing is that what takes them an hour to say can be said by a guy with a simple grunt. A GG's conversation does seem more interesting, but its so much work.

Shelby

Sarah Rabbit
02-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi All

I enjoy female conversations when I am privy to them( Not that they let it all go when I am around) but hey I will take what I can get. Male conversations around the old BBQ always turn to the same items, that is Sport and House renovations. Ohh... how so UTTERLY UTTERLY BORING !!!!. Sorry girls, I don't know if it is because of the age group I am In, but girls and sex rarely rate a mention.

Hug, Sarah R :bunny:

ChristineRenee
02-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Tamara sounds like a guy? Whoa Shelby...don't look now but you just opened up T's can of bitch-slap...and it's soon to be all over you!:eek::slap::spank::kickbutt:

Wendy me
02-28-2006, 08:28 AM
oh talking and chatting abought all kinds of things is not for me .....i am way too shy....

Anita Mae GG
02-28-2006, 08:48 AM
we talk about our kids, what our men are up to, what they did to piss us off, what they did or didn't do that was romantic, sex, our kids some more......me i talk about all that and projects I want to do around my house, etc...school stuff as I am a member of the PTO for my 7 year olds school......stuff like that...

.........and men talk about??????sex, sports, sex sports, food, sex , sports and more food? LOL :D :D :tongue:

connie rotten
02-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Girls do talk alot and seem to listen as well. I grew up in a house always full of femles(my mom was the nieghbor hood hair stylest). My ex wife had seven sisters.They, all the nices ,and their girlfriends were together at my house gabbing daily. The top two topics kids and men the next in line were money and the other girls they dislike.
In the city where I live there is a cult of nerd girls they are competitive itelectuals who all excelled at languge skill vocations. They listen as well as talk.
My close friend growing up worked many years as an adult entertaner in San Francisco.she and her crowd talked no more or no less raunchy than other girls.But they listened to one another.
What I am building up to is women communicate verbally. It isn't just talking.
As trasgender male to female we can pass in looks, but it is the trates that give us away. #1 we don't listen.
Want to pass learn to walk in heels and learn to pretend to listen.:daydreaming:

Robertacd
02-28-2006, 09:34 AM
In my experence woman are far dirtyer then men. Sure a group of men will stand around and one might say "I F-worded her last night and she was good" then wink, nod and high five each other and thats about it.

Woman will go into deep gorey details and go on and on and on about it, how they felt, how it felt, how big it was, what he did and didn't do right...

linnea
02-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Thank you all so much for the terrific replies. I work around quite a few women, but only occasionally do I break the barrier and hear what I think is their real "talk."

kathy gg
02-28-2006, 02:29 PM
I know when we are certain men won't be listening we will talk about sex and husbands and complain about those things if there are things to complain about :eek: Then we talk about our familys, our in-laws and complain about them. Because there is always something to complain about when it comes to our familys! haha :evil:

After all that we might talk about our homes, our kids, what we woudl like to do if we ever had the time and then start back from the start.

I worked in a furniture store and we used to have way too much time on our hands. But the sec. we knew a guy was listening we changed the subejct to the less complex stuff.. kids... our homes and trivial stuff. I know we usually would not talk about sex and all the details in front of the guys. As someone said, we don't just say "got some!"...women go into far more detail. NOT ME THOUGH.AMANDA....other wives...but not me! haha!

And does talk get saucy/raunchy! Oh my God...you all have no idea. But you wont' hear it from me!

MelissaM
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I think Tamara and Kathy pretty much summed it up. Except they didn't put enough stress on sex. And my favorite, "How to get your man to watch less TV and do more around the house."

Bev06 GG
02-28-2006, 03:06 PM
In my experence woman are far dirtyer then men. Sure a group of men will stand around and one might say "I F-worded her last night and she was good" then wink, nod and high five each other and thats about it.

Woman will go into deep gorey details and go on and on and on about it, how they felt, how it felt, how big it was, what he did and didn't do right...

Well I dont know whatsort of women you hang about with, but thats news to me. I'd say we keep those sort of things to ourselves. It isn't considered such a big deal for women to have successful conquests. Or atleast I didn't think so
BEV

Shelby
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I didn't mean to suggest or insult Tamara by suggesting that she sounded like a guy literally. I think so much of her, how cool she is, how open and quite fun to read. Check out some of her posts in the lounge - interesting. Tam- you're the greatest. As are all of the other gg's around here!

Shelby

Thanks for letting me come to this place.

PennieS
02-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I have 14 women who work for me, several are only part time workers, i only have 2 male employees, I often hear a lot of what the ladies are saying. I have to agree, they are much often more wild and rough with some of their discussions and amaze me of what they talk about. :eek:

kittypw GG
02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
sex is one of my favorite topics when men aren't around and hot looking guys. One of the young girls I work with refers to a hot guy as a " hunk a hunk a burning love muffin" We also have non verbal communication when a cutie is near by. All the girls want to take a look. My female pals don't just talk about guys though. The topics range from history, physical and spiritual health and food. Especially good tasting food that is low cal. We talk about our expirences in the past and how we handeled difficult situations and messed up family members. We talk about the love we have for signigicant people in our lives. Politics and current events. Occationally how we feel about certain fetishes or even crossdressing or what it is like to be gay and not be accepted in your family. And most of all I forgot to mention sex. Kitty

Robertacd
03-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Well I dont know whatsort of women you hang about with, but thats news to me. I'd say we keep those sort of things to ourselves. It isn't considered such a big deal for women to have successful conquests. Or atleast I didn't think so
BEV

Now I am not saying that sex is all women talk about. But through the years I have had my share of girl friends, female room mates and have been married now for 11 years. Toss in the way my mother, aunts, and older cousins would talk when they thought the kids could not hear them, I would have to say you are in the minority.

Sarah Rabbit
03-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Thank you all so much for the terrific replies. I work around quite a few women, but only occasionally do I break the barrier and hear what I think is their real "talk."

I am with you Linnea, if we are stealth, we may get a slight look in. other wise forget it, it is a no go!!

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny: