PDA

View Full Version : Denim Skirt Shoes

BecomingBrooke
02-27-2006, 10:13 PM
hey ladies!
this may be a stupid question but what are the best kind of shoes to wear with a denim skirt? I really only have one pair of heels and don't think they would look good with it. I often see laidies in flipflops but as it is cold here in seattle i don't think that will be approprate. I am am also pretty young (19 y/o) and would like to wear something hip with the denim skirt. any help would be great.
Thanks,
Elisha

talkwithmelissa
02-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I wear sexy black 3 inch heeled boots in the winter. When the weather gets warmer, it will depend on where I'm going and how well I want to blend in. I would wear a high heel to a club or a lower heel if I am going to walk in the city. I might wear a sandal if my legs are tanned at that time.

Bridgette_Mann
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I think a nice pair of flats would look nice with a denim skirt.

I am never sure if you could do this, but I have always wanted to wear a red sweater, a blue denim skirt and a pair of red flats. Always sounded nice to me.

AprilMae
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Red shoes are always great with denim skirts. I have a nice pair of rose colored ballerina flats that look nice with denim. Tan and white are also good.

Sara_Marie
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I like the new denim heels they have out. Or my wife has a pair that are brown with a wicker look that go great with denim jeans or a skirt.

Billijo49504
02-28-2006, 01:08 AM
With a denim skirt I would wear sneakers, flats, loafers, knee boots or cowboy boots. I usually look at denim as causual clothes. I've heard if you waant to dressup denim, use diamonds;)

Alannah
02-28-2006, 10:50 AM
For the winter I would wear opaque tights and high boots, just my two cents worth.

Miriannah
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
a pair that are brown with a wicker look that go great with denim jeans or a skirt.
I was just about to suggest that very type of shoe, as they go very well with denim anything. Failing that, black boots are a sure win with denim, too.

Lisa Kaur
02-28-2006, 01:44 PM
A sexy 3 inch boots or sneekers will be my choice.

Sarah Coleman
02-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I would wear sneakers or flats

Foxy Lady
02-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I wear red 4" heels with my denim skirt.

BecomingBrooke
02-28-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks all for your great sujestions,

I want something i can wear with a green and pink long sleeve shirt and then a long denim skirt with a slit half way up.. I do enjoy the causal look and although i do like heels i am 5' 10" and therefor don't like wearing anything more than 2" tall. I am cerious about these brown wicker shoes though.

Thanks agian,
Elisha

loridawncd
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I wear spike heels with my minis.

jenny_centaur
02-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I always wear my black 3" heeled ankle boots with my denim skirt. I don't know why; it just seems to feel right to me.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4381/denimskirtwithbooties3sd.jpg

rachel_jean
02-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I usually either wear my black knee high boots w/3" heel or my red 5" pumps, usually depends on the top I'm wearing.

I wear the red pumps with the outfit it my avatar.

If I were to venture out though, I'd wear the boots...

Also, I've been looking for a pair of wedge heeled sandals with a cork or similar 2-3" heel.

Rachel Jean

Paula T
02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
denim skirt and knee highs with navy flats.

Jodi
02-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Elisha, The beauty of a denim skirt is that you can dress it up or down depending upon the top, the shoes, the bag, and accessories. Actually, just about any color of shoes goes with denim. The shoes should coordinate with your top. The style is up to you. How dressy or how casual do you want to be?

Jodi

BecomingBrooke
03-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Elisha, The beauty of a denim skirt is that you can dress it up or down depending upon the top, the shoes, the bag, and accessories. Actually, just about any color of shoes goes with denim. The shoes should coordinate with your top. The style is up to you. How dressy or how casual do you want to be?

Jodi

thank you jodi i think what i will do is buy green flats or green shoes with a low rise heal and then a green bag to go with my outfit. Thank you all so much for your help if there are any other ideas or sujestions let me know.

Thank,s
Elisha

samantha78
03-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I just bought a pair of denim heels off of ebay about a month ago and they go great with my denim skirt! so girl deffinately denim!

Sara_Marie
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Had a chance to take a picture of those wicker type shoes. Here they are.

Jerry
03-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I like my brown strappy wedges with a denim skirt. They're about 3" high but still look casual. A nice combination.

Jerry