PDA

View Full Version : I turn 40 years old today and...

OCTrisha
10-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been a longtime lurker around here. I have always appreciated all of the candor, insight and support the members here provide one another. I have not posted anything myself as I've continued to wrestle with my feelings. But today is my 40th birthday and I've finally decided to come to grips with myself and to find a path that is right for me...

So as a birthday present to myself, I've booked an appointment with a transgender therapist to start figuring myself out and to accept and love myself no matter who that turns out to be. This is pretty scary for me, but I'm also really excited and happy about it! :)

Thank you, everyone, for creating such a nice community here.

--Trish

Emma Beth
10-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Congrats Trisha.

I'm not going to lie, that first step is scary. But, once you take that step you will be better off than if you hadn't taken that step.

Just remember these words from Lao Tzu,
“Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.”

Bria
10-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Happy fortieth, Trisha, sometimes wish I could be forty again!

I wish you success with the therapist, however that turns out. Emma Beth has quoted a very insightful passage.

Hugs, Bria

Jesse Six
10-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Sending good vibes your way! These quotes helped me when I was confused and terrified:

"Clear thinking requires courage rather than intelligence." (Thomas Szasz)
"Remember that the future comes one day at a time." (Dean Acheson)

Rianna Humble
10-26-2016, 01:35 AM
What a wonderful gift to yourself. Happy birthday Trish. Please do come back and let us know how you get along.

sometimes wish I could be forty again!

I sometimes wish I could remember what went on when I was 40 - I think the headline event was probably the extinction of the dinosaurs :heehee:

Lauren B
10-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Congrats and happy belated birthday! I think you'll find this to be the best present anyone ever gave you.

I Am Paula
10-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Congrats on big first steps, and happy birthday.

CarlaWestin
10-29-2016, 10:27 AM
Happy Birthday, Sweetiepie. And, welcome to the forum. When you're done with the therapist, just ask us older gurls what we've figured out. I told my the rapist to take a hike forty years ago.

OCTrisha
10-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback and encouragement! Although it was mostly a get-to-know-you meeting, it was a good overall first appointment. She made me feel very accepted and open. Financially, I probably can't afford to see her more than once or twice a month, but I think it will be good for me in the long run.

Dana44
10-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Trisha. And a Happy Birthday to you.

DeidraDee63
10-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Hi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! hope you have a great day and a wonderful year ahead. Best Wishes for your future we all support you and are here for you, in whatever your decision may take you.
Hugs XXXX, Deidra

Jolynne Wynn
10-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Happy Birthday Trisha and congratulations on the first step. It's a doozy, but you'll be glad you took it...

MarieTS
10-30-2016, 02:00 AM
Trish you will soon feel a much lighter load upon those shoulders that have been burdened for so long.
I am happy for you. Oh, and happy birthday! :battingeyelashes: