PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to this forum

MysteryWoman
10-27-2016, 11:32 AM
A few weeks ago I posted that I had experienced what I characterized as a minor breakthrough---namely, that after my DADT spouse found my current stash, she said she would rather I mix my clothes in with hers than continue to hide them, which I did.

Several here responded that this wasn't as small a breakthrough as I made it out to be. That turns out to be excellent advice. Others said that I needed to go slowly, and not try to make too much happen too quickly. That also proves to be very insightful.

After about two weeks I decided to try to open further dialog by giving my wife several articles I found on the website, A Crossdresser's Secret Garden. These did an excellent job of describing the dilemma many of us face in having to keep secrets from someone we love.

After reading them she came to me and said that she now understood for the first time the stress my "secret" was causing both of us. But she also said that she still couldn't bring herself to participate in any way.

I reminded her that she has already gone so far as to allow me to wear a limited number of feminine items during lovemaking (panties usually and stockings occasionally). She said she had over the years come to accept that and was willing to give me that much leeway. I pushed (very gently) on the question of whether she allow me dress a little more completely, such as adding a nightgown. Her response was that she still couldn't get past the idea of me dressing that much as a woman---it might her feel like she was in a lesbian relationship. I said I understood and would honor her wish.

Two days went by with no further discussion. Then today out of the blue she came to me and said, "OK, here's the deal. You've lived with this for so many years that I don't want you to have to continue to suppress your desires. You have my full permission to do what you need to do. Let's start tonight."

I have to say that this is a day I thought would never come. And I doubt it would have happened without the help of this forum. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

suzanne
10-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Your wife is a gem. You are a lucky gal. Remember that you have taken many years to come to terms with your crossdressing. It's a much newer thing to her and may take some time to process it all.

Please be careful and go slow. Don't give her the full femme version of you all at once. The opening of her mind was difficult for her, and she may not always as open to your dressing. Others have found the attitude ebbs and flows, and it's not unknown for the SO to suddenly and permanently shut down. Start with perhaps a nightgown ando go no further until you have talked about her feelings again. That should tell you how soon you can introduce the next level.

Good luck. A lot of people are rooting for you.

Helen_Highwater
10-27-2016, 12:01 PM
A big bunch of flowers is in order here to show just how grateful you are and how much you appreciate what she's doing. I would also say that the advice to take it slowly still stands.

Teresa
10-27-2016, 01:13 PM
MysteryWoman,
Still take it carefully and don't push too hard, our partners can let us take one step forward but then cool off and make us take two steps back.

I had the same as you,I could dress at home, that decision lasted 24 hours, plus some other set backs, yes we all try and understand their decisions but eventually I just accept I'm in a DADT situation and work round her. OK it's not ideal but my wife like yours know how much we can suffer but it still may not work out for us.

I hope it continues in the right direction and you prove me wrong.

RADER
10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
That's great; However, to make it go right, please go slow.
If you jump in with a big "Pink Fog" type of deal by going all the way,
she is going to push back real hard.
So just try one or two items at a time, Make sure you reward her in a nice way
by doing some things in Male format to re-insure to her you are still
the "Man" she married.
Good Luck.
Rader

carhill2mn
10-27-2016, 01:25 PM
The advice to take things slowly is great advice. Even now that your wife has become more accepting do not push her. Let her get used to the various aspects of "you".

Micki_Finn
10-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Listen to Rader. It may sound like you just got green-lighter carte blanche, but just like dressers have good days and bad, ups and downs, purges and pink fog, our spouses can change from day to day and hour to hour. She could see you fully dressed and have a 180 change of heart. Or even just have a bad day at work and all of a sudden your dressing is too much for her.

mykell
10-27-2016, 01:43 PM
to the post im happy things are going well with you and the mrs........just a FYI for the sleeping in the nightgown crowd, just remember what you will be wearing on the front lawn come some type of emergency, my wife is one that wants this private from neighbors and we have had a fire across from us and were asked to leave our house... i sleep in lounge pants now that she allows me to shave, i did boost a pair of her pants that she was getting rid of, they look just like lounge pants and are just black, very comfy....i did not stick out....

Dana44
10-27-2016, 01:44 PM
I agree on what has been said here. But do get her flowers to show appreciation for her. Flowers makes any one smile.

Stephanie47
10-27-2016, 04:51 PM
When my wife and I were first married we had incorporated nightgowns and stockings/garter belt into our "bedroom play" on occasion. I guess it was something of a kinky fetish in her mind which reaped some benefits for her too. However, when she found I had bought a bra, the bedroom play went out the window. Our daughter had opened the bottom draw of my amoire and yanked out a red Vanity Fair bra which had been in a box. I did not have a lot of clothes then, but, enough to start "the Talk." Well, kinky went to cross dressing, which brought on DADT. So, I really did the reverse of MysteryWoman. I would have loved it if wearing nightgowns had continued. But, the idea of a man wearing women's clothing smacked of lesbianism to my wife, which is a non-starter.

Ally 2112
10-29-2016, 01:42 PM
As most of the ladies here have said take it slow do not open pandoras box .Never forget to let her know how special she is !