PDA

View Full Version : How many would-be public Halloween dressers have chickened out so far?

ellbee
10-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Fess up! :spank:

Samm
10-28-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm preparing myself for next year

Tina June
10-28-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't "dress" for Halloween because, being a cross-dresser to me is not a "costume", and I just can't see doing the whole" woman in a costume" deal while I'm still just exploring my own boundaries.

sara66
10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
I always wanted to go dressed, but my friend are kind of boring. I have never been invited to a costume party.
however now a agree with marlene. I don't feel that is a costume. it is who I am.
Sara

bridget thronton
10-29-2016, 03:45 AM
I have dressed on Halloween several times - not sure what I will wear on Monday

Teresa
10-29-2016, 03:57 AM
Laura,
It was the first year for me to have the chance to dress up and I wasn't going to miss it, like I said in my thread in the picture section it wasn't the usual Halloween outfit . It was also Trafalgar Day in the UK so it gave me the idea of the Union Jack outfit. The next one for us apart from Xmas party frocks will be St. Patrick's Day.

If you think you might chicken why not do it in style in a chicken outfit !!

Marlene,
We had a lot of fun at our meeting, many of the GGs joined in with the costume theme, next time I go out it will be back to dressing nicely for the evening.

msannacd
10-29-2016, 05:31 AM
One of these Halloweens I'll dress up as Belle. Maybe next year:P

SarahSerene
10-29-2016, 06:52 AM
Overall I agree with Marlene. I go out off and on already doing regular stuff, shopping, etc, so I no longer view Halloween as my "one chance" of the year to go out dressed (I realize for many, it is their one chance, so I'm not docking it.)

That being said, I have this dress... ;) It's a Halloween costume dress, shimmery purple form-fitting velvet with rough-cut black lace trimmings. It's floor length in the back, and cut above the knee in front. The style is kinda gothic/witch/diva. It fits great right now, and I know I could totally rock it this weekend. My problem - where?? I don't know of any actual cool Halloween events going on this weekend except maybe the RHPS live performance which would be pretty fun. So its with a little melancholy that I might sit it out this year.

ricki4678
10-29-2016, 07:18 AM
I admit it. I have chickened out so far. May change my mind

nikkiwindsor
10-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Sarah,

There must be some outstanding halloween events going on at LGBT friendly bars/clubs in the Minneapolis area! :)

Nikki

SarahSerene
10-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Hi Nikki - I know, right? There's a few bars/clubs that are my favorites, but last time I checked their online calendars I didn't see any events outside of the norm. Maybe I just need to go anyway!

Tracii G
10-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Not a costume to me either and being trans is not something I wish to make light of.

Taylor186
10-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Monday (Halloween) will be my tenth consecutive year going out dressed in a femme inspired costume and probably twentieth time in total. It's always been a great experience for me. I've received many, many positive comments, most always from women. A recent favorite was when a attractive 20 something women walked directly up to me and whispered, "you are a beautiful creature" and then walked back to her date (husband?). May not be the ultimate compliment to someone contemplating transition but to me, a crossdresser, it was ecstasy.

dolovewell
10-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Life is way too short to be a Halloween-only dresser, its even shorter to be a Halloween-only dresser and chicken out

For me, a regular dresser out in public, Halloween basically means being able to wear more risky outfits.

ellbee
10-29-2016, 10:13 AM
I admit it. I have chickened out so far. May change my mind

:spank:

But thanks for your honesty. :)

Oh, and like *all* the girls are doing it. Get out there!

Not a costume to me either and being trans is not something I wish to make light of.

So you typically wear cat make-up & ears on most days? :strugglin

hiheelsnlipstick1
10-29-2016, 10:17 AM
id rather not have to say that ive chickened out every year,but i have and have months of regret everytime. I buy a costume or a new dress every year and have made it out the front door a few times even drove around once but always became too afraid to put myself directly in the mix of things

Tracy Irving
10-29-2016, 10:48 AM
For those who dress out in public regularly, Halloween provides an opportunity to wear something that wouldn't blend into the crowd the rest of the year. Others might not be "out" to their friends so this is a great opportunity to dress around them. Halloween isn't as much about cross dressing as wearing something fun and different. I wore a wedding dress to a friends costume party last night. We all had a great time and nobody made anything of it.

Dana44
10-29-2016, 10:57 AM
I am going to a Halloween party this evening. I will be zombie girl and hope ll goes right as I know all these people and have always present male around them. LOL well maybe a bit non-binary at times. But yeah I won't chicken out. It should be interesting.

Jessica May
10-29-2016, 12:01 PM
I haven't Chickened out yet. I am hoping to go out in a maid costume or sally from nightmare before Christmas. We will see if I make it out the door

Jenniferathome
10-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Life is way too short to be a Halloween-only dresser, ....

Yup. 364 other days can be yours!

Rachael Leigh
10-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I agree for those of us who go out Halloween is just another day but with that said I love dressing up in something fun and
this is the perfect time of year to do so. With that said I don't have a special outfit for Monday and prob won't be dressing at
all because of wife being home. She is recovering from a fall she took at work so I've been helping her, and her recovery

HollyGreene
10-29-2016, 01:08 PM
I never do anything for Hallowe'en. It's never piqued my interest, even as a kid. Even my kids don't like going trick or treating or bother doing anything with costumes. We used to carve pumpkins, but we've grown out of that, too.

Teresa
10-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Holly,
It's only recently that it's started to take off in the UK , I will admit kids knocking at my door doing trick or treat use to annoy me , and we never carved pumpkins . It was bound to creep in because it makes a lot of money for shops selling cheap costumes, as parents we must hope they are safe to wear and are suitably fire retardent .

It is a great excuse to wear something you normally wouldn't and have some fun .

RADER
10-29-2016, 01:33 PM
My wife would dress me up for Halloween; real cute in a French Maids outfit.
I did love wearing it to hand out candy to the kids.
But now that she is gone, Well I just do not have the gum shim to do it by
myself. OK, Call me a Chicken, I guess I am.
I do dress up most other days that I stay home, and under dress all the time.
Rader

Kate Simmons
10-29-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm not. I'm crossdressing as guy tonight. :p

EllieOPKS
10-29-2016, 02:05 PM
i love Halloween. its a holiday for kids to do there own little fantasy thing. i don't go out because i pass out candy and trinkets. i love seeing the kids so excited. i also started adult beverages (hot buttered rum) in our neighborhood. a welcome beverage if its the usual cold night. i normally dress up in full hunting camo and sit on the front porch next to the shrubs. its so much fun.

April Showers
10-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Doing my makeup now to go out tonight to a GNO Halloween party. Hoping to meet several girls from the forum there. Definately not chickening out.

Periwinkle
10-29-2016, 02:19 PM
My friend and I had our Halloween celebration last night. I ended up not being any of the things I had planned on and dressing up as a cute female librarian. The outfit for that was really cozy. My little sister is going to be celebrating on Saturday, and I won't be crossdressing then because I have always dressed up as Ash from the Pokemon series when she celebrates. Her and her friends always get a kick out of that. On the actual day of Halloween, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to get all dressed up in a fancy outfit I don't wear often and go for a nice walk around town.

docrobbysherry
10-29-2016, 02:35 PM
I have chickened, and have nearly chickened out, a zillion times before going out dressed at vanilla venues.:doh:

But, at Halloween? OMG! NEVER! It's the one time of the year a costumed and masked woman, (or someone dressed like a woman), can go out nearly anywhere day or nite!:D

I am fearless at Halloween and it's Sherry's favorite time of the year! It give both of us the chance to dress up and be ANYONE WE WANT TO BE!:devil:

If u AREN'T doing this? You're missing out------:brolleyes:

Marcelo
10-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Went to a party with friends last night as Towel Man or Shower Man depending on how you view it. I threw out the notion of wearing my cheerleader uniform to them but they didn't push it so I didn't do it. I'm kind of glad because a pic of me was posted on my regular Facebook by another party going friend who used to beg me to wear my cheerleader uniform on Halloween. I was really too tired to be Marcy last night and I was almost asleep (under a blanket in a chair) when the pic was taken.

I worked the CASA Superhero Run/Walk (http://www.casatarrantsuperherorun.com/) this morning with my costume charity group and hope to have some professionally taken photos soon. I'll post when they're up.

As for tonight (10/29) I'll be rocking the karaoke at a house party as Marcy and mixing up some drinks! If any pics are taken I'll see if I can get them emailed and post up!

~Joanne~
10-29-2016, 05:14 PM
A lot of us are strictly CD's so as for it being a costume, yes, I can see it in that light. after all, as a CD we love to play dress up right? so Halloween is that perfect day, as a CD, to get out in the world and feel the wind for a day and actually have a "back up excuse" if you didn't go out far enough away from home and actually are seen by someone you know. The chances are slim but you never know.

I see this over and over again , every year, the same comments:

I take this seriously, It's not a costume
You shouldn't go out on Halloween
You'll over do it and no one will believe you
You'll make TG's look bad
Etc, etc etc......

Yeah You might over do it, but I don't see the harm in taking advantage of the holiday. Everyone of us started some where, then got more into it, and sooner or later you DO want to go outside dressed and not just in your yard so I don't see the harm. Too many negative nancy's here.`The experience is worth the risk no matter what anyone says. You won't regret it, just get out there and do it ;)

ellbee
10-29-2016, 05:32 PM
I agree, Joanne.

It is a great starter-step for those dying to go out in public, but haven't yet worked up the courage.

And I'm not just talking about taking a walk around the block, or going through a drive-thru, or whatever. I mean *out* -- for the whole evening, away from your home, in public, in front of others (whether friends and/or strangers) & interacting with them, simply doing what others are doing (albeit possibly in different costumes :D ).

It's a heck of an experience, and Halloween does enable society, in general, to let their guard down a bit when it comes to this stuff. "Oh, he's dressed up as a Disney princess? Well, it is Halloween, I guess? :strugglin "

Here's your chance, ladies. Do you *really* want to have to wait a whole 365 more days??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

AndreaCalifCD
10-29-2016, 06:42 PM
The complete opposite of this thread - sorry (in advance!!!) Was at Disneyland a few nights ago for one of the Halloween evenings, was in the "Toon Town" area, just wanted to say if the "Little Bo Peep" who was there is reading this - you looked amazing!! You OWNED it! Awesome!

Tracii G
10-29-2016, 06:42 PM
What is wrong with that guy is he constipated?

DIANEF
10-29-2016, 07:01 PM
268119Or do it later...

Sissy_Michelle
10-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Laurababe,

I guess I better hit up GoodWill tomorrow, I am running out of time !

@--}----
Michelle

ElleStreet
10-29-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm still holding up, got a party with the uni LGBT club tommorow and the real uni party the day after (3000 people, scary but maybe I can blend into the crowd easier) it's kind of nice to have the lgbt party first as a kind of warm up y'know? If I'm even less passable than I think I am at least they'll probably be nice about it :P

Got my red riding hood costume all finished, bought a basket and red ribbon and everything. It's 1:30 am in the uk and I'm still doing a last day practise run/try-on just finished my makeup and decided to check the site

Hey dolovewell, thanks for the advice. what are you going as?

Ressie
10-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Bluck, bluck, bluck… I chickened out! Kind of, but I just don't have much desire to go out dressed. I also have other things do to that are more important. I had nowhere to go. Sounds like excuses huh? Maybe Monday, that's halloween...

dolovewell
10-30-2016, 12:05 AM
I'll admit I chickened out today.... going into an Old Navy dressed up. The reason? It was busy as hell. Parking lot was full, had to park across the street. At 4pm on a Saturday, the store was probably chock full of young teenage girls whom my prescence would have greatly increased the chances of being humiliated. Teenage girls and boys are groups I try to avoid, so an Old Navy at 4pm on a Saturday isn't ideal. Risk management. I still went to a Wal Mart, Walgreen's, and ULTA dressed up. As those stores are less likely to be filled with younger teenagers.

Hey dolovewell, thanks for the advice. what are you going as?

I'll post a pic on Tuesday Morning. Nothing special but it will still be fun.

AprilMayy<3
10-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Well every Monday where I work, we work until midnight. So i kinda was forced to chicken out :p
And I bought this Little Red Riding Hood costume and everything before learning what day Halloween was on. It's super adorable and fits perfectly.
Sigh...next year for sure! :)

Lisa85
10-30-2016, 12:43 AM
Not so much chickened out, but rather gave up on halloween. what's the point, especially if can dress when not halloween and halloween makes no sense as a positive event

ellbee
10-30-2016, 01:50 AM
Well every Monday where I work, we work until midnight. So i kinda was forced to chicken out :p
And I bought this Little Red Riding Hood costume and everything before learning what day Halloween was on. It's super adorable and fits perfectly.
Sigh...next year for sure! :)

You're going to regret backing out, you know.

One year is a long time, you know.

And it's not too late, you know. :D

As for working longer hours on Monday? Who cares? I would think it would make it that much more worth it. :)

Teresa
10-30-2016, 05:57 AM
Laura,
Just to show I didn't chicken out I've just been sent a picture, ( sorry not the best quality ) by a GG who thought my outfit was great, Like I said it was also Trafalgar day so I went with that theme !

Marcelo
10-30-2016, 07:43 AM
Karaoke time! I was told I was beautiful and that some thought I was a real woman on first glance a few times. Also got several hugs when I left. Should have more pics once the hosts wake up and recover. I also field tested my cute panty with lace on the front. Someone tried pulling my skirt up in front of everyone but unfortunately didn't to a very good job of it... :-(

Teresa
10-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Marcelo,
I managed that all by myself, I was chatting to two GGs and they didn't realise I was wearing stockings until I looked down and realised one of the clips had come undone so without thinking I lifted the hem to look for it, they both burst out laughing when I couldn't find it because it had disappeared inside my panties.

Allison2006
10-30-2016, 09:36 AM
I had no plans on getting dressed up for Halloween, fem or otherwise this year, so no chickening out here.

Helen 2
10-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Still pondering about Halloween on Monday, but....tonight, I'm going to the Schnitz to a violin concierto. Does that count? :o
Many open seats...do any other PDX gurls want to join me?

Angie G
10-30-2016, 10:06 AM
I dressed 3 times on Halloween. It was fun and a rush to be out.:hugs:
Angie

CarlaWestin
10-30-2016, 10:44 AM
If I lived by myself, I'd be handing out candy as a sexy little maid.
But, wifey just doesn't do Halloween so we'll have the lights off for yet another year.

sometimes_miss
10-30-2016, 01:19 PM
I've considered it numerous times, but, having heard how people talk about other guys who've dressed up as females at Halloween parties, decided I didn't want to be the target of that kind of discussion. Every single time, there's a comment to the effect, 'I knew there was something queer about him' or some such other remark indicating that they question his sexuality, accompanied by the requisite giggles by the other people in the discussion. I'm not a front line warrier, so, no thanks.

Dana44
10-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Oh boy my keyboard goes out once in a while. LOL I went last night and it took me two hours to get ready. Lots of stuff. Mary Jane pumps with a strap. fish net thigh highs with bones showing, Arm sleeves with bones showing, A really nice dress and red/black wig and bling like a bony hands choker and decals on my face, looked pretty good.. Put press on finger nails with spider webs and such. I was the only male there that was dressed as a female Halloween guest. But the girls raved over my ensemble and on said that she wanted my dress LOL Yep fun time and don't ever chicken out as it was a fun night, shook all the men hands and talked to every girl as they were quite interested and would asks me where I got all the stuff for the costume and they were studying the decals on my face. . Nice evening and I did not feel at all self conscious.

Tommie.
10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
My SO chickened me out and said no... so I will not get to go.... there's always next year though. But to those who get to, have a great time! Our hearts are with you! huggs... tommie

Alice Torn
10-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I am no longer into Holloween like i was as a kid, and found the origins very disturbing. But, it is the day when one can dress up, with less surprises usually, and not feel so different and odd.

valeriemonroe2002
10-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I am not a Halloween only girl but the holiday does allow me the one time a year I get to go out dressed with all my friends. Last night was the annual Halloween party at the local resteraunt/bar we frequent. It is always a great party with most people going all out on their costumes. My wife and I attended with about 4 other couples. I dressed as a Playboy Bunny. Everyone loved my costume choice and I received many photo requests. I have been going out in a women's costume with this same group for the last 5 years and all my friendships remain intact. So I say be brave and get out and enjoy the holliday.

Nikki A.
10-30-2016, 10:28 PM
I've done no Halloween dressing for a couple of years. Planned on doing it at work this year, but there are only three of us who can dress (other two are females) and the person who pushed for the dressing up messaged me earlier today that she won't be dressing. So it all depends how I wake up in the AM

EABrown
10-30-2016, 11:01 PM
I did a Halloween public CD party early on. The girls were way out of bounds and I said never again. Later I want to community party as Em and had a better time ... got hit on and handle it like a lady. Halloween is no big deal now. I shop and have done McDonald's. Em

Rachel Anne
11-01-2016, 01:12 AM
Bwak bwak...chicken here. There's a great T scene here, so I'm told, and just to chicken to go solo.

Rachel

ellbee
11-01-2016, 03:19 AM
If it makes anyone feel any better, I -- the OP -- didn't get all costumed-up & go out this weekend, either. :laughing: :o

Wasn't a chickening-out, though, per se... Just that I wasn't "ready" this go-around. I only got back into dressing a bit more than a couple months ago, after a very long hiatus.
*And* I had to start from scratch. Bad purge, bad! :spank:

Yeah, I know: Excuses, excuses. But honestly, the timing & desire of it all just wasn't there.

If it counts any, I did go out to the grocery store on Saturday wearing nothing but women's clothes, while in guy-mode! :D

And there, I did see a male/GG couple, probably in their early 20s, wearing some kind of costumes. *No* idea what they were supposed to be, but the chick looked freakin' amazing. The BF was wearing eyeliner as part of his (non-CD) get-up... Maybe some other stuff, like eye-shadow? I dunno, as I was too busy focusing on the GG, LOL.

Ah, whatever. I've done plenty of Halloweens before. Maybe next year? ;)

Leslie Mary S
11-01-2016, 04:59 AM
When my main support person couldn't make it I stayed at home and watched the Telly.
MAYBE I will do a photo session tonight. Nothing fancy just some new outfits.
I have a couple of wild make-up and nail fashion ideas to try.

Sometimes Steffi
11-02-2016, 09:39 PM
No, I did not chicken out.

I am out and about once a month or so with CD friends or a large group; this time it was a large group.

https://www.meetup.com/DC-TransLadies-Community/photos/27321067/#455667886

I use Halloween to dress in a girl's costume that I would never wear out trying to blend in. Halloween is for standing out. I've been planning my Halloween costume for over a month now.

This is my costume, a belly dancer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262337803707?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&var=561116401191&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't look as cute as the model wearing it, but I'm also not 19 either.

StarrOfDelite
11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
I didn't have a party to attend this year because almost everyone I know was watching the World Series (northeast Ohio is now officially in mourning btw). The first time I ever went out in Drag was to a Halloween party, dressed as a nun, about twenty years ago. I sort of regret it, because I played it slapstick when a lot of it was serious to me, but it gave me an excuse to shave a mustache which I had been sporting for years and which I hated because it spoiled my attempts to feminize.

Nikki A.
11-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Well I did dress up as Mother Nature268430

MonicaGirly
11-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I wanted to so badly, but my girlfriend didn't let me. So I went as a bottle of hot sauce instead

Tracii G
11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Its too bad some of your SO's, GF's or wives won't let you have fun or express yourselves.
I don't know how you can put up with being told what you can and can not do.

Roxy
11-03-2016, 09:06 PM
The only time I've publicly dressed has been for Halloween. I have done it for 3 Halloweens. It feldt great to get out in the open.
It's a shame that some of us have to use crossdressing as a costume to get out but that's were we are in life. Costume or not, it feels great getting out made up in heels, stockings, and make up

Samm
11-04-2016, 06:09 AM
I've never been out and about, ever. So I'm hoping I can find somewhere to go next Halloween. Something CD friendly. I have at least three costume ideas so far. But first, I need to work on my look. I'm a work in progress.