PDA

View Full Version : GNO Halloween Party

April Showers
10-30-2016, 01:57 AM
So tonight my wife and i attend a Halloween party put on by a group of girls in our region . This was the first time my wife and I had attended an event specifically for our community. We got to meet a couple of the girls from this forum and spent most of the night with one couple chatting and getting to know each of our stories. My wife said she came out of the experience of talking with another GG with a better understanding of the issues that confront us and while she had been accepting of April since the time I had told her (25 years ago ) she had always had the usual thoughts of where this would all lead. I think for the first time she has come to the realization that no I do not want to transition and no i am not going to leave her to go off with a man, that i love her deeply and would not want to go to an event like that again in the future without her by my side supporting me not only morally but physically ( it was a long walk from where we parked to the restaurant, I probably wouldn't have made it alone on a mental level ) We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and won first prize for couples in the costume competition (we went as Max & Caroline from 2 broke girls). We were given many compliments on our costumes and that gave us even more opportunities to chat and talk with other girls.On the drive home my wife said she is more than willing to attend other events in the future and that the night had been a lot of fun, I want to thank Giselle and her wife for making us feel relaxed and comfortable and taking us under their wing and a big thank you to Sianna for running such a wonderful night. To anyone out there who' wives are accepting but still not sure of what is really going on I really would recommend attending an event or group like this it really does help. Still on such a high even if all that's left is my nail polish on, sitting in silk pj's sipping a cup of tea and writing this....I am one content being.

VivienneH
10-30-2016, 03:48 AM
I'm glad you both had a great evening April! Nice one. Xx.

LaurenS
10-30-2016, 08:04 AM
That's wonderful. Happy for you.

bridget thronton
10-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this story - you have a great wife

Lana Mae
10-30-2016, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you both had a wonderful time! Love your wife for the accepting person she is!! Best wishes going forward! Hugs to both Lana Mae

Karen RHT
10-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Even though I wasn't able to attend, I'm overjoyed after reading your post April. So happy to hear the event was so helpful and productive for you and your wife, and that both of you enjoyed various aspects of the evening.

We've all heard the "baby steps" philosophy expressed by so many members here. Hopefully my wife will agree to take a "baby step" with me and attend a future GNO somewhere in the Niagara, Hamilton, Oakville, or even the Toronto areas. Thanks very much for sharing your experience with us April.

Karen

April Showers
10-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Even though I wasn't able to attend, I'm overjoyed after reading your post April. So happy to hear the event was so helpful and productive for you and your wife, and that both of you enjoyed various aspects of the evening.

Sorry you couldn't make it Karen would have loved to have met another girl from the forum. I think it really helped put my wife at ease and she is definitely up for doing it again. Hopefully we will get the chance to meet you and your wife at future events.

Rachael Leigh
10-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Sounds like a great evening all the way around April. Thanks for sharing

Karen RHT
10-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks for replying to my PM April. Let's keep the dialogue going. Once a couple of things get overcome here at home, we should get that chance to meet. I'll actually be looking to get out into the world on a regular basis.

Karen

DW
10-31-2016, 02:34 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. I don't get to the GNO's, but know several of the 'girl's' that do. Sianna and her wife are great people and always open to chatting!