PDA

View Full Version : Went out last night , drove around town, went to the post office.

Alice Torn
11-01-2016, 04:48 AM
I am not into Holloween at all now. Was as a kid big time. Was dressealmost all day, taking photos, inside, then after 8pm, walked out the door completely dressed, and my neghbor moved this week, and i am moving this week, too. Not looking forward to moving everything all by myself. In my 60's now! Got in my pick up truck , started it, notice i was almost on empty, so drove to the post office first , only two blocks away, went in and took four photos of Alice, then drove around to the three gas stations in town, Guys everywhere, getting gas. No GG's. I chickened out after several passes, seeing guy after guy getting gasoline. So, decided to just go back home. No neighbor watching as far as i knew, so took a few photos outside. Was too chicken to go get gas. Oh well, gut feeling said, not tonight. I need all the energy and strength i can muster for moving by myself this week. eally should have gone to bed earlier.

Nikkilovesdresses
11-01-2016, 07:56 AM
Good luck with the move, Alice! Hope you and the cats settle in happily.

Alice Torn
11-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Nikki, Thanks. I am stressed out, moving everything alone, no helpers. Will need to hide my dressing more, as two heavy drinking construction workers are living next to me. I heop we will live and let live, respect boundries, be civil. You never know what neighbor will be like! i would like to have privacy, for once.

Alice_2014_B
11-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Still very cool Alice!
Always go with your gut, for the most part.

:)

Lana Mae
11-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Alice, glad you got out! Best wishes and prayers on your move!! Hope it all works out for the best for you and the cats! Hugs Lana Mae

MelanieAnne
11-01-2016, 07:36 PM
You can do it. I moved myself four years ago, including a large sofa, which barely fit through the doors, even after I removed the short legs. And getting a 110 pound outboard motor up the basement stairs was a bit of a challenge too.
Keep a low profile for a while, and see what your neighbors are like, before meeting them. Don't be unfriendly. But don't rush next door with the "Hi, I'm your new neighbor" routine. Take a while to see what you're dealing with. I lived in the same house for over 40 years, so I know how stressful moving can be.

Alice Torn
11-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Melanie Anne, This is my 49th move! Sick of it. The one guy there, came out to talk to me, after i drove up, He is installing some new windows , and has a key to my place. His music was way too loud, and the kind i hate. i realized i have made yet another moving mistake . The two guys are big drinkers, too, rednecks. I did not sign a lease, so can move again, but may wait until spring weather. too subzero in winter to move. i may just buy a good used travel trailer, , and live in that, and be able to g o different places. I wish every tax paying, person, especially us veterans, could just have our own few acres, with space between all neighbors. So much room in the world, but the people are all crammed in to close to each other, violating each others privacy, and boundries.

MelanieAnne
11-02-2016, 09:06 PM
In the meantime, change your locks!

Yes, moving is a crap shoot. You don't generally know who lives next door or in the area, until you are moved in. Things can be very quiet when you are looking at a place, and really rough after dark or on Saturday night.
Not to be nosy, but are you looking in low income areas, or rural redneck areas?