PDA

View Full Version : Perfume advice

gailprice
11-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Hello,

I was with a cd friend yesterday (she is in the closet) and she commented about how nice my perfume was. The conversation went on and lead to how she wished she could get away with wearing perfume whilst dressed.

A nice bit of advice I received from a GG friend some years ago is that when her boyfriend dressed and used perfume he would use the same perfume as her, and the GG friend said that she became less aware her boyfriend had been wearing perfume.

Before I came out I took her advice and my then wife never did mention if I had been wearing perfume again. But I was careful not to pour it on. :heehee:

So moral of this story is if you wish to wear perfume and you are in the closet wear the same perfume as your partner.

Unless you know different (i am sure you will:eek:)

alwayshave
11-05-2016, 10:08 AM
That is good advice for those in a DADT relationship. My fiancee is open to my dressing, even encouraging. I wear a totally different perfume and she loves it.

NancySue
11-05-2016, 10:30 AM
My loving wife has hers and I have mine. I enjoy hers and she enjoys mine. Sometimes, I wear hers and she wears mine. It's very sensual. 😍

Kiwi Primrose
11-06-2016, 02:51 AM
This is one thing my wife and I don't share. She has her perfumes and I have mine.
She uses hers lightly and J am more heavy-handed but use it less often.

Teresa
11-06-2016, 04:50 AM
Gail,
I assume you ask permission not unless it was a gift from initially.

Sometimes perfume is all it takes to deal with my dressing need, sometime ago I mentioned that I put a tiny drop on a cotton bud and smear it in and around my nose. Some thought it a strange idea but I get to enjoy the aroma while no one else knows .

I must admit it's a lovely sensation driving to my meetings and I can smell the perfume in the car.

gailprice
11-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Hi, Teresa.

When I was unable to express the true me (closet) I had my own perfume but the same as my partner. Today is a different day and I am free I have a range of nice perfumes....:jumping:

Jodi
11-06-2016, 09:09 AM
My gg friends gave me this advice many years ago concerning perfume. Do not apply the perfume directly to your body. Place it onto a cotton ball and dab the perfume on the cotton ball onto your body where ever you would like.

GG's have told me over the years that they think most cd's over apply perfume. I kind of agree. So, my thoughts are--go easy on the perfume. Don't overpower people around you.

jodi

Teresa
11-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Jodi,
I have a little atomiser spray, so it does use very little, obviously it depends on the perfume and if it's perfume or toilet water . At the moment I'm using a bottle discarded by my wife, it's Lancome's Attraction , it hits all the right spots for me but is a strong lingering one, I don't want to be too Attractive so a little goes a long way.

CONSUELO
11-06-2016, 09:25 AM
I have my own perfume and use it every day, whether in female mode or not. I have often received compliments for "smelling nice". It is never the same brand as is used by my SO.

AnnieMac
11-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Jodi that made me kind of chuckle a little. Most regular old male type guys use too much cologne, let alone us CDers. Its kind of a guy thing :) Funny, I can't stand it when guys do that, and I have always hated the smell of male colognes. Even in my day to day guy travelings, I have always used a kind of neutral smelling, girl scent. But OMG GGs can do that to, with really over floral perfumes that hit you over the head. So no one really has any unique to gender cross-scenting habits. I guess less is more! :)

darla_g
11-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Nice thread, I don't hear a lot about CDs who have perfume. I really like it and it helps to get me in the mood.

Tracii G
11-06-2016, 11:05 AM
I use Ulta Water Blossom and it is a light citrus and very feminine.
I have had women ask me what I was wearing so I told them.
Their reaction was very positive to a guy wearing something other than normal guy cologne.

Stephj
11-06-2016, 01:36 PM
I like VS heavenly perfume I don't wear it but use it as an air fresher in my car but I swear I still smell it when I get out so yes I guess the scent gets on me in the car