PDA

View Full Version : Were you in Target in Scranton?

SherriePall
11-07-2016, 11:20 AM
At work someone was talking about seeing one of us at Target outside of Scranton, Pa.
Maybe.
His wife thought the person in question was a "chick," while he thought that person was a guy.
If that was you, semi-congratulations on passing with the wife.
If that was not one of us, my condolences for his thinking you were a guy.

SherriePall
11-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Guess not...

Dana44
11-09-2016, 01:30 PM
It was not me...

Tracy Irving
11-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Nope. I have never been to Scranton.

Nikki A.
11-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Been to Scranton, but it wasn't me either

Lorileah
11-09-2016, 02:43 PM
wouldn't tell you if it was me

ellbee
11-09-2016, 03:36 PM
I actually find this OP quite interesting.

Same person in question. Two people see them at the same time. One thinks it's a GG, the other thinks it's a CD/TG/TS.

Potentially goes to show how crazy this whole passing/blending thing can be.

Would love to hear more details, see photos... and find out the actual answer. Unfortunately that won't be the case.

Oh, and $10 says the wife is correct!

AllieSF
11-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Not me and have never been to Scranton, PA. But I have heard Harry Chapin sing about it coming down the hill into Scranton with "50,000 Pounds of Bananas"!

Lana Mae
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Laugh I have been on that hill in winter!! BUT, have never been in Target in Scranton!! Hugs Lana Mae

prettytoes
11-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Wasn't me, but I will be in Hazleton this weekend!

Stephanie47
11-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Chuckle, chuckle! I remember decades ago I was waiting with my brother and father for the Staten Island Ferry to leave from the Battery in Manhattan. There was this form in jeans with beautiful auburn hair down to the crack of the butt. I noticed, but, I did not feel it was necessary to offer any opinions. The form turned around and revealed a guy with a matching beard. My father exclaimed, "Damn Beatnik!" I suppose he was surely disappointed. Guessing can be a challenge from the rear as well as the front.

ellbee
11-09-2016, 04:50 PM
I should probably add, of course there's always the possibility that your co-worker has somehow found out -- about *you*.

And that the whole Target story isn't true, but merely a way to approach the subject.

Maybe they actually saw you out & about, and recognized you? :strugglin

Valery L
11-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Maybe his wife was the real transgender. That would be an unexpected end.

Krisi
11-10-2016, 09:33 AM
It wasn't me. I haven't been in PA in years.

SherriePall
11-10-2016, 11:43 AM
No, it wasn't me. When I was out and about in early October, I didn't go into the Target store. Went to Dress Barn three doors down. Is that too close? The timing is a month off!

ellbee
11-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Sherrie,

Not for nothing, but years ago a former co-worker / former neighbor (who's still a good friend of mine) saw me one day wearing nude dance tights under women's denim shorts (honestly, it didn't look *that* bad, LOL!) as part of my partially-dressed guy-mode outfit. As I hurriedly passed by, I pretended I didn't see her & and that she didn't see me. Hey, I was in a big rush -- and I knew I was busted. :D

Now, I don't recall how long afterwards, but it was maybe 2 weeks, a month, 6 weeks? And she "casually" mentioned to me out-of-the-blue that she used to go to school with a guy who wore pantyhose under his shorts for gym class. While that may or may not be true, she is also a pretty awful liar. :laughing:

I didn't buy it. That was her way of telling me that she had saw what I was wearing that day. I didn't bite, in that I was just like, "Oh, really? Anyway..." & changed the subject.

(I did come out to her sometime after that, and she took it wonderfully. :) )

But, yeah. Always the possibility something similar happened in your situation.

Or not! Who knows.

katie_barns
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
I look at it this way. If it was a CD/TG then they were 50//50 on passing. A lot here would take that. :)

Michelle_G
11-13-2016, 09:57 PM
In the summer but not recently. Maybe again in a couple of months.

Beverley Sims
11-14-2016, 10:27 AM
Not me either, I was busted in Ross in SFX once, one of our sisters was behind me and said, "Only a guy would choose an outfit like that. Let me help you spend your money more wisely."

The person was not a contributor to this board but she was quite helpful.

I felt fuzzy for the rest of the day.