PDA

View Full Version : Kohls-Voting

CarleyK
11-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Yesterday evening I was out shopping as Carley and I ended up at Kohls. While I was at the check out counter, at the checkout counter behind the counter I was at was an attractive young lady, an employee who was doing something with stock. I noticed had some type of injury or a handicap cause when she went to go somewhere she was using two crutches. Anyway, she did look at me from the other register and smile as I smiled back.

So, today after work, I stopped to vote as my regular drab self. There was a line of about 15 people. When I finally got to the front of the line I could see at the check in table, at the far end, a face I had seen before. I thought, that is the girl from Kohls. So, when I am called to check in to vote, I end up at her end of the table. I noticed next to her, at the end of the table was a walker. I knew it was her. I gave her my drivers license. I just tried to play it cool. Oh well, it is a small world.

Tracii G
11-08-2016, 05:33 PM
About all you can do really.
If you don't make a big deal out of it there won't be one.
If you had a wig and make up on pretty good chance she didn't think you were the same person.

Elizabeth G
11-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Hi Carley,

Tracii is right. You were just one in a sea of faces that she saw both days, so it's unlikely she connected the dots, but yes,it is a small world indeed.

Elizabeth

greeneyes
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
from the buckeye too, near cincy. I am sure she didn't even notice. my SO Looks like her siste/younger version of her Mom when she is dressed, and I am sure SA meet so many people a day they cant remember all of them!

CarleyK
11-12-2016, 08:53 AM
I live in Dayton. It was Kohls at Austin Landing. Voting in Washington Township.