PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Thrift Store Today

Lisa Marie
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I couldnt believe it myself today when I went to the thrift store. I bought 2 sweaters one pink and a yellow one, and a royal blue dress. Tried on the sweaters they both fit perfectly hope the dress does to. I had a hard time shopping in the thrift store today lots of ladies in there looking as well. Unusal for the time when i go in around 9:00am. You ladies are right the thrift store can be an exciting place to go to!

Julie Avery
02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
That's my favorite happy hunting ground, you go girl!

jmeg
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
thrift stores are simply the best low prices, even designer names!!!!! you never know what you might find!

tvgirl4fun
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
The best ones are the ones that have a "fill a bag for $10.00" deal. The secret is to fold the clothes neatly before you put them in the bag, not jsut stuff them in. Based on the number of items in the bag, I got a nice white with colored flowers, leather jacket for $1.25! I've also gotten lots of "new, with tags" items. And a number of places have half-price special on items with certain color tags. Jaie

Barb Valentine
02-28-2006, 07:49 PM
I find it a great & cheap way to build your wardrobe

mskilmer
02-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Thrift stores are great! There's one near here where everything is fifty cents ... we go frequently. And we find some fantastic stuff ... it's fun because you can buy stuff just to try it out and see how it works for you without spending a lot of money.

Ranee Daze
02-28-2006, 08:27 PM
That's the last stop on my drag days. People don't really make much of a dresser in there and you can try out femme fashion without wasting alot of cash.

My monthly drag days go like this:

Totally femme scented bath, douse myself after with a heavy dose of wonderfully scented cologne which I get by asking for samples for my "girlfriend" when I'm in drab.

Shave away the manly and apply some Revlon colourstay foundation plus some minimal makeup.

Dress in something easy to get in and out of, but still very femme.

Pack some high heel pumps, extra pantyhose. Digital camera essential.

Off to the mall for a makeup from MAC counter (just by some lashes for 13 bucks) or The Body Shop (donation for violence against women campaign)

Looking fabulous, browse high end women's clothing stores for evening wear (my favourite fetish). Magic words from salesstaffers.."What's your size, would you like to try this on....if you like this I also have this in pink and red..."

Tire out completely...go for a lunch...hit Value village, Sally Ann.....buy something totally naughty........Smile alot