PDA

View Full Version : Got a Free Ride in a Cop Car...

Marcelo
11-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Chalk one up on the tally - I got a free ride in a cop car last Sunday night while in my cheerleader uniform!

No, it wasn't to jail but ironically I got a ride from the intersection of of W Commerce on N Riverfront Blvd, right across the street from the Dallas County Criminal District Court, where I had been working a water station for the Trinity River Run last Sunday evening. After the last runner passed (probably from the 5K which ran last) I was there all alone. I went to the intersection and was helping the police move cones and barricades and told one of the officers, a 30 year veteran of the Dallas PD, that I was hoping I wasn't forgotten by the organizers.

When she said she would give me a ride I did a cartwheel in the middle of the street as I ran back to the water station to get my pompoms! And call me naughty but I was bending over to clear out the passenger seat and I'm 99% sure I flashed my pearly white panty at an unexpected passerby. Add a bonus point for that! ;-)

Once in the car we discussed the pros and cons of the event as she drove over to pick up a runner who couldn't make it. Fortunately he was done vomiting by the time we got there and we continued conversing until we got back to the event base.

It was kind of fun and I wish I would have stopped to man the last water station for a while but I had a good time and met a really nice older lady who was training for a half marathon next weekend. I have a pic of her hugging me while biting her medal that I might post once the seven day picture time limit comes around. She was really happy to have met me!

Cheers!
Marcelo

Beverley Sims
11-16-2016, 11:28 AM
See! The police can be very tolerant.

I think they are most of the time and if approached properly.