PDA

View Full Version : Didn' see that coming

Helen_Highwater
11-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Well Helen's got her week away so Monday after travelling, stopping to pick up a new jacket along the way, arrived, unpacked, dressed and sallied forth.
I needed some supplies so headed for a supermarket. It might seem strange but I've always been wary of going into supermarkets dressed. Anyway parked took a deep breath, grabbed a trolly and walked in. No dramas, got what I needed, paid and left. So off to a good start, confidence boosted.
This trip I'm looking to challenge myself so I decided as I needed to eat I'd go into a fish and chip shop. Found one, looked fairly quiet so parked immediately around the corner. Anyway I need to call home so use the hands free to speak to the SO. Two minutes into the call a 20 something GG accompanied by a 6-8 year old boy walk past. She reads me and immediately points me out to the boy.
She then starts to say something to me so I'm thinking, "ok here comes the abuse". She then walks around to my drivers window bearing in mind I'm still on the phone to my SO and me deep in the closet, and through the glass says, "Oh my god, you look amazin'" and a few complementary phrases. Then asks the now bemused lad what he thinks. He pauses, looks at me and says "Are you a man?" I smile and nod back.
Anyway discretion gets the better of me so I wave and drive off. Would have been nice to stay and talk if only to help the young'un to see we're not to be feared and to thank her.
So didn't get my chips!
And while we're on the subject of being read. Next day out shopping, exchanged the time of day with a couple of SA's so all going well, I was walking into a dept store when a GG glanced at me. She immediately did the classic double take head turn as it registered I wasn't a female. That made me chuckle to myself. See being read doesn't have to be bad.

Princess Chantal
11-16-2016, 05:26 AM
Isn't it so awesome! There were many instances that happened to me. The first few times I didn't generate a longer conversation just like you. Now days, I tend to make the conversation a more balanced two way street.
You did the crossdressing community good, thanks!

DIANEF
11-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Hi Helen, sounds like your week is going well. Hope one day I'll be able to do what you do. Speaking of which, yesterday, a first for me. Went to Bonmarche and bought myself a new winter coat, and asked the SA if I could try it on, she looked slightly bemused, I somehow didn't turn bright red, and walked out of the store feeling 'yes!! I did it.

Elizabeth G
11-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Hi Helen,

What a nice experience. Must have been a good confidence booster. I'm sure I've been ready any number of times. So far no negative reactions but no overtly positive ones either.

Elizabeth

Beverley Sims
11-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Yes I have engaged in conversation after being read, often leaves them bemused when the look at my cleavage and wonder how I grew those beauties.

I miss not being able to buy whitebait patties in UK fish shops. :-)

Dana44
11-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Very often in a restaurant a waitress reads me and wow gets very chatty and stops by the table often to talk. So not all bad.

Tracii G
11-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Some women are intrigued and some aren't but its nice when one is and wants to chat.
Its nothing to be afraid of so just engage and educate but be nice about it.

suzanne
11-17-2016, 01:34 AM
That was a great experience. Thanks for sharing. I really believe that the way the world should react to us, and that it's the direction the world is actually heading, albeit slowly. Maybe there's some curiosity, but acceptance at the end of the day.

Here's hoping you get to to tuck into that fish and chips meal soon!

bridget thronton
11-17-2016, 03:45 AM
I always try to be friendly and enjoy any chats when I am dressed

Teresa
11-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Helen,
Your heart must have been in your mouth thinking how you were going to avoid an awkward situation, too bad you were on the phone and being in the closet made it that bit trickier. I hope your wife didn't catch the comments in that case ! Shame about the fish and chips but then not a bad thing if you're watching the figure !

I might be out socially but haven't done the out and about dressed to go shopping, I know it's going to happen, so I'm glad it worked out fine for you.

Exris
11-17-2016, 08:21 AM
Fish and chips on a Wednesday!

When will this MADNESS stop!!!

LOL. I know Helen will get a chuckle out of that :) And thanks for your story!

Sarasometimes
11-17-2016, 08:51 AM
What is a trolly/trolley used for at a supermarket?

DIANEF
11-17-2016, 09:08 AM
A trolley is what we sometimes call a shopping cart

Krisi
11-17-2016, 10:15 AM
So did your SO hear any part of the conversation with the woman and boy? That could have been a problem. I just hold the phone to my ear and most people would realize that I am on the phone.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time.

HelenR2
11-17-2016, 10:41 AM
I haven't had fish and chips for ages. Is it still 2s 6d?

DIANEF
11-17-2016, 10:43 AM
More like £5 or more for a decent one nowadays!

BLUE ORCHID
11-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi Helen:hugs:, It can happen when you least except it

I too was wondering if your :love:Wife heard any of that...:daydreaming:...