PDA

View Full Version : Told my boss.... sort of

Allison Chaynes
11-17-2016, 07:32 PM
So, I work at VF, which can be a fun place to work when you have a decent leader to work for. Our interim store manager is one of those people, uses common sense, pulls her weight, and listens to people. Anyway, over the past year, we have become confidants in each other to a degree due to her getting backstabbed by the previous store manager. Yesterday I told her about my surgeon's suggestion to wear a sports bra to help provide compression a few months after my heart surgery. She gave me a coupon for a competitor's store and offered to give me a fitting.... I was floored at how readily she accepted it like it was no big deal.

Jamie Lynn
11-19-2016, 09:37 AM
And did you take her up on the offer? I'd be curious to know if you chose multiple colors how she might react then? :)

AllieSF
11-19-2016, 02:48 PM
It sounds like you have a very understanding boss. Unless she already knows or suspects something about your other self, I would not read too much into her actions and response, except for she is an understanding person. Now what is "VF"? Never heard of them before.

Allison Chaynes
11-19-2016, 07:30 PM
AllieSF- VF- Vanity Fair. We don't have bras in my size (50) so I have to look elsewhere.

Lana Mae
11-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Your boss sounds like she is very nice. Hugs Lana Mae

AllieSF
11-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Thank you Allison. I was thinking it was Vanity Fair too, but only the magazine! I forgot about the clothing line. Lingerie, right?

IleneD
11-19-2016, 11:51 PM
" Louis, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
:battingeyelashes:

CartoonistChick
11-20-2016, 06:24 AM
Sounds like an awesome boss there, Allison! And if I may say so, I love your name....it's a nod to the band "Alice In Chains", am I correct?

Taylor186
11-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Doesn't seem to me that telling your boss that your doctor recommends a compression bra for health reasons is the same as telling your boss that you are a crossdresser and "want to wear a women's compression bra" for a bit of fun. You just might get a different response.