PDA

View Full Version : Oh! You're our neighbor!

Ceera
11-21-2016, 02:21 PM
I've only been living in my current city and neighborhood for about 9 months, so I don't know many of my neighbors very well yet. I come and go as I please, in both male and female presentations. My neighbors see Ceera walking my dog several times per week. They see 'her' coming and going from my home and driving my car. One neighbor and her husband, who lives behind my home, on the other side of the block, does know I am TG, because she and I have talked a lot, and she's met both sides of me. But most of the other neighbors who have seen Ceera, even ones who have casually chatted with her as she walked the dog or was coming or going from my home, seem to accept 'her' as a genuine female who is part of my household.

A few weeks ago, I was enjoying a "Ceera day". I was planning on spending the entire day en-femme, getting some women's boots repaired, and doing some clothes shopping and errands. After getting dolled up and dressed in typical 'go to the mall' clothes, I'd started the day by taking my dog for a walk through my neighborhood before breakfast. I smiled and waved at several neighbors in passing, but didn't chat with any of them.

Around mid-morning, just as I was about to start on my shopping and errands, the doorbell rang. I answered the door, using my en-femme voice and mannerisms. It was a middle-school aged boy, going door to door signing people up to buy fresh-baked apple or pumpkin pies, as a fund raiser for his school's upcoming trip to Japan. I didn't clearly recognize him, but I smiled and chatted with him as he told me about their fund raiser, and I decided I could afford to sign up for one pie to support the kids. I gave him my name as Ceera, and ended up writing him a check, because he didn't yet have change for a $20 bill. Now, I happen to have a bank account as Ceera, with checks that have only my female name on them, in addition to my home address. So it was one of those checks that I used to pay for the pie. He gave me a slip of paper with the dates and times and places where I could pick up my pie, early this week. The whole encounter went quite well, and I was pretty certain he believed I was female. He certainly didn't act at all strangely or give me any funny looks, and kids his age tend to be pretty transparent about such things.

So, pie pickup day was last Saturday, and the pickup location was the kitchens at a local community center, a few miles away from my home. I dolled up and dressed fairly casually, in knee-high black boots and grey skinny jeans and a nice dark blue blouse, with a lightweight women's jacket that's black and has a grey fur collar, and a cute black hat that's sort of a 'crusher' style, with a black bow. Took a plastic 'pie taker' with me, for bringing the pie home. When I got there and located the kitchens, they were just starting to bake the pies. So I killed some time browsing the offerings at a neighborhood 'holiday bazaar' that was also being held at the community center.

Finally I went back to the kitchen and told one of the ladies that I was there to pick up my pie. I gave my female first name, Ceera, and chatted a bit with her as she looked up my name in her list and started to get me a pie. Then another woman across the room heard my name and commented, "Oh! You're one of our neighbors! It would have been my son you bought the pie from. Thank you so much for your support!" We all chatted some more as I put my still-warm pie in my carrier, and then I went home.

At no point did anyone in that kitchen or at the holiday bazaar act as if I was anything but a woman. They all completely accepted me at face value, as one of the women from their neighborhood. It feels so nice!

I recognized the mom that said I was a neighbor as one of the women who lives on my block. I'm fairly sure she's talked with me in male form and seen me walking around in female form, but she had not talked to my girl side before that day. No doubt she helped her son organize his pie sales cash and checks, so she would have seen my check, with my girl name on it and my address. Now I suppose it is possible that she realizes that my male and female sides are one person. If so, she accepts me just fine, and doesn't see any need to remark on the variation in my presentation. But I feel that she, like most of my neighbors, sees Ceera as a different person. My female appearance is quite different from me as a male. As a girl, I have a lighter complexion, no bags under my eyes, and of course a full head of hair. I look a good 15 to 20 years younger when en-femme.

All in all, I don't really care if they accept me as a separate, female person - or as one person whose gender appearance switches frequently. As long as they accept me, I am happy.

Lana Mae
11-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Lovely story! So happy it all worked out so good! You are a good example for us to follow. hugs Lana Mae

Dana44
11-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Very nice story Ceera, Seems like they accept you. I am not sure what they think of me here but everybody talks really nicely to me. I don't always run around as a female through our neighborhood. But I do out and get in our truck as one often. I am sure some have saw me. But have never mentioned it. But a few time I di go get the mail at the community center as a female.

Tracii G
11-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Great story and yeah they may know you in both genders and thats OK as long as they treat you respectfully.
My neighbors are all aware I swap genders when the mood hits and they have no trouble calling me by my proper names and gender at the time.
Its really nice to have good neighbors.

Julie Denier
11-21-2016, 07:08 PM
What a sweet story! ;)

looking_good
11-21-2016, 08:03 PM
This sounds like a wonderful and affirming experience. I am so very, very fond of our city for this type of acceptance and support.

JenniferLynn0370
11-21-2016, 08:10 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us, Ceera; your story is so wonderfully encouraging!

Tracy Irving
11-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Nice story. I love your confidence!

alwayshave
11-21-2016, 10:30 PM
Cerra, I believe that most people just don't care what other people do unless it affects them. Nice story

jjjjohanne
11-22-2016, 07:36 AM
Ceera, do you feel like people are reacting less to our crossdressing than they used to? Or are you just presenting that well these days? I present male, but wear feminine fashions, and I think people are taking it in stride more than they used to. Maybe, I'm taking it in stride and they are the same... It's so hard to tell.

Barbara Black
11-22-2016, 07:56 AM
I love your story and great neighbors. Aside from that, the way you said something made me wonder if some straight people think we are schizophrenic, believing that we are two separate people in our different personalities? Not that it matters of course, especially to me since I tend not to wear wigs or makeup around the house, and it's clear that I'm crossdressing, not two individuals.

BLUE ORCHID
11-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Hi Ceera:hugs:, That was a great story, How was your pie...:daydreaming:...

Ceera
11-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Jjjjohanne, i think it is a little of both. My presentation is pretty solid these days. I am careful with my makeup and voice, and while there are certainly several 'tells' that can out me, I am well enough into the 'plausible' range that most people accept me as female. Where they do clearly realize, they don't seem to care.

In my male activities, I try not to look like a 'man in a dress', but I still have pierced ears, and polished, feminine nails, and I am likely to be wearilng women's clothing like jeans or sneakers or low-heeled boots. I get lots of positive comments from women on how great my nails look, and virtually no adverse reactions to the feminine traits that I still show in male mode.

I think people in my city and state at least are quite accepting of diversity. I think people in general are much more used to the idea that transgender people exist. I don't know how well it would go over if I went out in male mode, but wearing a skirt. Or en-femme but with no wig or makeup. But when I try my best to present well as a woman, I have found acceptance.

Becky Blue
11-24-2016, 12:36 AM
Great story thanks for sharing with us