PDA

View Full Version : A walk with Ol' Man Winter....

CartoonistChick
11-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Since I haven't been anywhere in public yet to show off my fabulous heeled booties, every so often I'll take a little stroll in my neighborhood to break them in further & get even more used to walking in them...and this morning was no exception, aside from some wardrobe additions. As it's currently a nice brrrrrr-tastic 23 degrees outside, I put on my turtleneck sweater dress along with two pairs of thick tights. Grabbed my knit hat & gloves, tied my sweater jacket nice and tight, and wrapped my scarf all snug-like around my face and neck so that only my eyes were showing (as you can see in my current avatar...).

The walk was mighty nice. I was originally going to walk around the whole neighborhood but my legs were starting to freeze & my glasses were steaming up pretty bad. But still, it was a nice walk nonetheless and walking in these heels has become more like second nature to me -- which impresses the hell out of me, considering these are 3" chunky heels. lol!

All in all, not a bad start to the day. Definitely can't wait to really be out & about to strut my stuff a little bit! :)

Beverley Sims
11-22-2016, 11:13 AM
I strut my stuff covered up in winter, but I do like the California sunshine and the opportunity to wear a lot less in the summer.

IleneD
11-22-2016, 11:21 AM
You've made me think.
I have a long mink coat that I inherited when my Mother passed. (My sister in FL didn't want it!)
The poor thing has been sitting idle and un-loved for 6 yrs.
It will be a tight fit but I'm thinking the Mink will go out for a walk this winter. Now..... what dress goes best with mink?

CartoonistChick
11-22-2016, 01:52 PM
You've made me think.
I have a long mink coat that I inherited when my Mother passed. (My sister in FL didn't want it!)
The poor thing has been sitting idle and un-loved for 6 yrs.
It will be a tight fit but I'm thinking the Mink will go out for a walk this winter. Now..... what dress goes best with mink?

Absolutely bring that lovely coat out of hibernation and show it some love this winter! As for what dress though, I have no clue...if it were me personally, I'd definitely wear my turtleneck dress with that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I strut my stuff covered up in winter, but I do like the California sunshine and the opportunity to wear a lot less in the summer.

Oh I'm sure. :) I'm actually curious what this upcoming summer will be like for me here in Virginia, since it will be my first official summer of crossdressing & getting my summer wardrobe put together (as right now all of my summer stuff is men's wear. lol!). Until that time comes though, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this winter being all nicely bundled up in my new outfits.

JenniferMBlack
11-22-2016, 08:31 PM
I don't miss the DMV winters at all. Much nicer here in Las Vegas with Temps around and mostly above 50. Still can wear the cute sweaters and not freeze your rear off.

Teresa
11-22-2016, 08:51 PM
If you mean 23 degrees C that's still warm for us in the UK, we don't break out winter stuff at that temperature, if it's 23 degrees F then I'd go along with how you dressed, I have 3.5"chunky heeled boots to break in , I don't mind because they are comfortable .