PDA

View Full Version : A CD on the plane

Sallee
11-23-2016, 10:33 AM
I flew yesterday from NO to San Diego and spotted one CD flying with us, she was flying with her partner. If you see this congrats to you for living as you want. I sat behind you. I never saw any strange looks from anyone, maybe me, everyone you interacted with seemed to show respect.
Now I don't believe this person "passed" at all she was tall 6'++ had a male voice and was not fem, but she was herself and thats the important part. I noticed her in the airport first, but I am always on the look out. She was with a woman with pink hair so it is not like they didn't stand out. She was dressed conservatively and carried herself confidently. And I would have to say no one cared
Congratulations to you and your partner enjoy San Diego

IleneD
11-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Were you also dressed to fly?
A great story. I would have had the "nerve" (and possibly lack of tact) to speak to her and give her my best wishes.

Sallee
11-23-2016, 11:42 AM
NO I wasn't and I should have said hello but I didn't

suzanne
11-23-2016, 01:03 PM
So, it's safe to say that anyone who saw her noticed her distinctiveness but found it to be "not a big deal"? I'd call that a perfect response, the kind I hope we all receive everywhere. It has also been my experience. When I'm out, I see people taking longer glances at me when I'm dressed than when I'm drab. But never a negative response. I get either compliments or encouragement or nothing at all. I'm fine with that.

Lorileah
11-23-2016, 01:40 PM
you know she was a CD?

ellbee
11-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Beat me to it, Lorileah.

So, it's safe to say that anyone who saw her noticed her distinctiveness but found it to be "not a big deal"?

But never a negative response.

How many altercations do you typically see at the airport & on a plane these days? :strugglin

Sallee
11-23-2016, 01:48 PM
without a doubt Maybe a TS but definitely bi gendered 6'3 or 4" 200+ lbs a male voice, no hips
But she was in a skirt, long hair and beautifully done nails and quite comfortable, or so appeared, with herself

bridget thronton
11-24-2016, 03:00 AM
I only flew pretty once and it was on Halloween - but it was fun

Teresa
11-24-2016, 04:47 AM
Sallee,
I replied to another thread on a similar story, I do feel the public are more aware of TSs, I'm beginning to think when they see a CDer now they may assume to be so, a CD image is of a guy dressing for their own pleasure in the privacy of their own home, why would they have the need to go out in public ?

Maybe the bathroom debate has helped to bring all this into the open, obviously no confusion which one to use on the plane, and did anyone make a fuss about that ?

Caren_G
11-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Last week I flew from Boston to San Diego enfemme. It was great and like you saw, I never saw any bad glances. Went through security with a male ID and the female TSA agent said have a good day ma'am. Once I landed I got my rental and drove to my hotel, and checked in all with my male ID and there was no issues at all. It was a great day.

susie evans
11-24-2016, 11:02 PM
That sounds like Angela & Michele they used to live down there and now live on the east coast

Rogina B
11-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Anyone that is full time travels this way because that is their only presentation to the world.

CarlaWestin
11-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Once, at McCarran Airport (LV,NV) I saw some beautiful asian CD travelers. Their makeup was absolutely fabulous and they were very elegant and fashionable.
Unfortunately, it must have been an extremely long flight as one of the poor dears was starting to show a little shadow through her foundation. They looked so tired.

Pattie
11-25-2016, 08:09 PM
I am dressed 24/7 and always travel fully dressed, but it does help when you have a TSA prime pass. NO HASSLES. I travel a lot.

Lorileah
11-26-2016, 12:52 AM
:thinking: I'm 6', 185, no hips and I am no longer a crossdresser and even if I were if you said anything I would probably have told you MYOB. Just because you are one doesn't mean you need to talk to others. Support is nice, bringing attention in any manner isn't

Krisi
11-28-2016, 09:37 AM
How can you tell a crossdresser from a transsexual? You can't. The only difference is in the mind.

The sad thing is, either way, she didn't pass as a woman.

Sallee
11-28-2016, 10:18 PM
she was comfortably with herself and that is the important part. What level or type of crossdresser whe was, CD,Tv,TS, whatever has nothing to do with it What is important is being comfortable in your own mind. Maybe I am totally wrong maybe she was just a bigger woman with no hips and a deep voice it doesn't really matter and I would not approach her to question her gender identity it really is none of my business.

Steph54
12-07-2016, 10:31 PM
I used to fly a lot. I've flown multiple times in guy mode, partially and fully dressed. Also in complete change over with wig and makeup. Never any problems with ID or TSA.