PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been tempted to show up for Thanksgiving all Dolled up

Robbiegirl
11-23-2016, 03:03 PM
I would so love to show up for Thanksgiving in a cute dress and heels and introduce the real Robbie to my two sisters. I would even bring a cute little apron to help out with the womens work in the kitchen. A nice dress with a little swish. With my famous sense of humor it will take them quite awhile to realize that its not a joke till they see how well I handle the heels. It would also give me a chance to apologize to them for the several fights I caused them when they each thought the other had worn their dress ! LOL

Anyone else think about this

Fiona123
11-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Not tempted as such but I do wish I could dress en femme tomorrow. An apron would be a nice addition🌺👙👠

countrygirl
11-23-2016, 03:23 PM
I will be showing up dressed up. Well underdressed at least. Oh well Maybe one day I can be Amanda at the holidays.

Fiona123
11-23-2016, 03:25 PM
I will be wearing nylon panties though🌺

Lana Mae
11-23-2016, 04:23 PM
I have to work Thanksgiving but Christmas... No not then either to much family! It would be nice though! Hugs Lana Mae

Rachael Leigh
11-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Robbie yes I've considered showing up in places as Leigh many times, not nessacarly a holiday get together there is always
a part of me that just wants it out there but I understand it's not always about me and I must respect my wife and her family and so I let the thoughts pass

Ressie
11-23-2016, 04:53 PM
The thought crossed my mind but actually doing it? No thanks

sara66
11-23-2016, 04:54 PM
I have thought about it. It would be fun to freak out a couple of my cousins. It will never happen, but fun to think about.
Sara:heehee:

LydiaL
11-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Actually had a dream once where I showed up at a family gathering dressed enfemme. (Could have been Thanksgiving, I suppose.)

But then had to chase after my dog that ran off.

Not going to happen, plus, I do not even have a dog! :confused:

Mary ElizabethJordan
11-23-2016, 07:55 PM
I would love to. It won't happen this year, but hopefully next and all the following Thanksgivings I will be allowed to.

Meghan4now
11-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Robbie yes I've considered showing up in places as Leigh many times, not nessacarly a holiday get together there is always
a part of me that just wants it out there but I understand it's not always about me and I must respect my wife and her family and so I let the thoughts pass
Yes, my thought exactly, although I am seriously considering telling my closest sister if I get any one on one time.

But what's this Crack about women's work and aprons? The kitchen is my domain anyway, and none of the women wear aprons very often. Maybe when baking but really. Funny, I have about 3 man aprons I never use, and my wife does not have any!

Anne K
11-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Someday............

I thought I would fly under the radar a bit by wearing a blue sapphire flanked by small diamonds ring that I "borrowed" from my wife. (She said she wanted back, but I told her she'd have to mud wrestle me first!) Surprisingly, she said no way, but suggested I wear a sort of tennis bracelet and matching ring that I think is far more edgy. That may shake up her family dinner a bit, I hope. I have pierced ears, but not sure what I will be "allowed" to wear. What fun!

Ceera
11-24-2016, 12:09 AM
Actually, this will be my first Thanksgiving celebrated as Ceera. My daughter and I are going to a fancy restaurant together for Thanksgiving, and I will be en-femme. Too much effort to make a traditional feast for just the two of us, and my main family celebration would have been a two hour drive away, and has been eclipsed by my eldest niece having just delivered twin girls. So my sister is all wrapped up in becoming a grandmother for the first time, and having two babies to adore. No one invited us to drive up and join them, and my daughter fully accepts my girl side.

As for joining the part of my family that doesn't yet know my girl side, by showing up en-femme, no. This Christmas they will likely notice my pierced ears and polished nails, but I'll keep it low key, and I'll be presenting male.

Nikkilovesdresses
11-24-2016, 01:58 AM
This is too good to pass up. If you want to crowd-fund the idea, I'm good for 10 bucks :)

Stephanie47
11-24-2016, 02:22 AM
I think a word of caution is warranted. Please, stay away from the holiday cheer while making a decision like that.

bridget thronton
11-24-2016, 02:49 AM
It would be nice to dress up for holiday dinner - my son is cooking and hosting at his house (my daughter is bringing several sides, quite unusual I am not cooking this time)

sometimes_miss
11-24-2016, 05:26 AM
The little devil on one shoulder often tempts me to dress up en femme, and expose myself and everything female about myself, to the world. Fortunately, the little angel on my other shoulder whacks me on that side of my head to remind me that it's probably not a real good idea.

AnnieMac
11-24-2016, 07:42 AM
Naw, probably a really bad idea. The only thing dressed should be the Turkey, lest I become that if I show up in skirt & heels

Jenni Yumiko
11-24-2016, 08:53 AM
I agree with Most of you, coming out in front of the entire family, at once no less, would probably result in getting beat up by my family.

JustJoni
11-24-2016, 09:42 AM
It is tempting as I just recently revealed this side of me to my new wife (before we were married). Alas, we still have young children, and it could create problems for them...pkus my father is perhaps the Biggest Most Raging Homophobe in the Known Universe (yes his actual title). He would never accept me dressing en femme, and would assume I am gay and why did I marry a woman, etc. When I was a child he was always trying to make me 'man-up' in the most physically painful ways possible (and I have an very high pain tolerance to this day, something my wife says she has never seen in a man before).

Anyway, it would be nice, but not really practical for quite some time. Christmas parties and New Years Eve would really be my preferences, since we have the big house, we always host, and getting it all together for so many folks is hard work. :) Plus, the other holiday gatherings have such nice clothes, all soft and sparkly!!

Tracy Irving
11-24-2016, 09:49 AM
If I did dress for Thanksgiving, it might help keep my food consumption down. I call it the dressing diet.

CONSUELO
11-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Remember that old film with the title "look who's coming to dinner" or similar title. I think it would turn the entire Thanksgiving Dinner into a "Turkey".

michelleddg
11-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Our thanksgiving table will have four women and me, so by all rights I should be dolling up now. Oh, wait, did you say the football is on? Never mind...Hugs, Michelle

bonni
11-24-2016, 01:20 PM
I am dressed. I'm cooking dinner also.

IleneD
11-24-2016, 02:21 PM
I would die to do so.
I would die in doing so.

Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving, and give it well.

Diane Smith
11-24-2016, 03:47 PM
I actually did go to Thanksgiving dinner dressed up about five years ago. I have no family of my own to speak of, and my regular nail technician, who has also grown into a close friend over the years, held a big family-and-friends gathering with about 75 people in attendance. I dressed as if it were a sophisticated party (a little sparkle, but not over the top), which I figured was appropriate since the people at the salon only see me en femme and know me best that way. It went great and I had several nice conversations as well as getting some compliments on my appearance.

I do understand that this wasn't at all the same as having to face my own family. I didn't know more than a handful of the people there going in and wouldn't have to interact with any of them in the future if it went badly. But it was still a great meal and a fun time!

- Diane

ellbee
11-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Today I went out to a restaurant with family -- and I saw a CD'er! :confused3:

Actually, now that I think about it, it was probably just someone's grandma. Oops, never mind. :o

In all seriousness, I have fantasized about it before. All the big holidays, really.

Then I snap back to reality. :laughing:

I wouldn't do it with family. But if it were only friends who I was out to, perhaps with a few of their accepting SO's? Sure, why not. Not sure how much difference there really is when compared to the times I got together with them on a *non*-holiday. :strugglin

Marcie Rose
11-24-2016, 06:45 PM
We hosted dinner today. I thought about it but my mother is homophobic and would probably disown me. I'm dressed up now that everyone has left, except for my wife who's sleeping.

Territx
11-25-2016, 07:20 AM
There is so much time spent cooking and cleaning up, chasing little kids and pets, that I would not have the energy to do so -- but I would not change a thing!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Patrica Gil
11-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Four years ago my girl and I had our first Thanksgiving together and it was just us. I got all dolled up and we both had a great time cooking in the kitchen. The day was great to say the least. Thanks for asking.

abby054
11-26-2016, 11:01 AM
No. I must be getting old: I now avoid doing things that I know will needlessly lead to disaster. Like most folks, I have enough trouble in my life already.

Nikki A.
11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
I would like to, but seriously would not do it.

Lisa Roberts
11-26-2016, 11:44 AM
I did....but it was all underneath. Good enough for now.

mikayla1964
11-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Oh dear how I would love to be just one of the women at a holiday get together. Talking of things only the women get to talk about and comparing outfits.:: sigh:: Now how wonderful would that be.. Of course I would dress eloquently but nit over the top.. Just imagine how good it would feel to be ones true self without having to worry if something was accidently seen or noticed that you was wearing womens clothes under your mens clothing. I have to say I always wear my bra and panties everyday under my male clothing but at the holidays I don't risk the bra.. Maybe one day things will change for all of us and the real woman we hide inside can come out and see the real world..