PDA

View Full Version : Went out to dinner with my daughter for Thanksgiving

Ceera
11-25-2016, 12:51 AM
Made no sense to cook a fancy meal for just my daughter and I, and the nearest family is two hours drive away, with bad weather. So I took my daughter to a very nice restaurant in our town to celebrate Thanksgiving. The meal went quite well, and was delicious. At the table next to ours there was a 99 year old lady and her son. We chatted a bit and found out she would be celebrating her 100th birthday next month! They were quite polite, but in talking to each other they did use male pronouns for me. Yet the lady spoke to me after that and complemented my hair and my earrings!

Nikkilovesdresses
11-25-2016, 01:39 AM
I'm very glad you enjoyed the evening Ceera, but I can't help noticing you left some of your vegetables. I bet your daughter ate all hers :)

Ceera
11-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Actually, the only food left from my serving was the piece of bread in my hand, a cube of cheese on the plate, (both of which I ate after that photo), and two small, round balls of butter. The rest is gravy and cranberry stains and a bit of gristle and skin from the turkey.

bridget thronton
11-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving

Julie Denier
11-25-2016, 12:52 PM
How nice! Love the dress ;)

Ceera
11-25-2016, 05:42 PM
I actually give the dress rather mixed reviews, now that I have worn it and seen photos of myself from different angles in it. In theory, that "Body Con" decoration design, with lighter colored panels on the sides coming in at the waist, is supposed to give the illusion of a narrower waistline. And from dead-on in front, it kind of does. But from an angle, or, God forbid, from the side, it tended to make me look fat. I think it also would have been much better with either full sleeves or no sleeves at all. The t-shirt style sleeves emphasized my shoulder width more than I care for.

Oh well, it was worth trying... Not that it looked terrible, but really, I have other outfits that look far more attractive on me.

Lana Mae
11-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Looking good! I like the dress! Sounds like you had a good time! Hugs Lana Mae

Rachelakld
11-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Know what you mean about lines in a dress, but having a dinner with family is priceless, glad you had a great evening.