PDA

View Full Version : Level Up

Valery L
11-26-2016, 04:41 AM
During Thursday night I went to the mall since there was a special sale. Since it was Thanksgiving I thought that people there would be dressed formal, but I think that was not the case. For that reason I decided to dress formal and sexy, I used dramatic makeup, a very short skirt, high heels and black tights. Of course I attracted a lot of attention, more than usual, I really felt nervous even when I have been in that mall many times before. It was my first time wearing closed toe stilettos in public, which made me even more noticeable due to the look and the sound of the heels while walking, I have used high heels shoes many times, some of them boots, or open toe heels, but I had never used high heeled, closed toe shoes (which are not any kind of boot). I bought them many months ago, they where the second pair of shoes that I had, I only used them once in my apartment for nearly two hours, before they killed my feet, I almost didn't walk!, I was just sitting all the time and they hurt, so I thought that maybe they did not fit well. At that time I was almost sure that I would never be able to wear them, I never thought it was just that I was not used to wear high heels. In the following months I bought more high heeled shoes and I went out with them even when I could barely walk. With practice I got used to wear them without problem excepting that pair of shoes, I never tried them again until last Thursday when I felt confident enough and thought that it was a good opportunity to wear those shoes to enhance a formal look. When I returned to my apartment after almost 5 hours wearing them, I could not believe it. My feet were killing me, but was nothing unusual, I could wear them such as I wear any other of my high heeled shoes, I did not think that I would be able to walk so naturally in them, so yeah, I think I had a level up. Girls, do you have any similar experience?

I include a picture of that day where you can see my shoes. Thanks for reading.

mona lisa
11-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Lovely outfit Valery! :)

SarahSerene
11-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Beautiful as always Valery! During my recent flying-pretty adventure, on the return flight I wore black pumps with a stiletto heel with black pants. I had worn these shoes out before (to dinner), but had never done a lot of walking in them. So yeah after my trip my feet hurt a little bit, but as you experienced, not much more than usual.

One thing I did find though - while I felt very practiced in these shoes wearing them around the house, on carpet... once getting out to an airport and polished floors, I could feel the heel slip once in a while! I had to tell myself "Sarah be careful!" I loved wearing them though.

I did notice the sound of them clicking got me more looks! I wasn't seeking any attention - I think men are just conditioned to that sound, like a dog going to point :). Me too I suppose - but for the added interest of wanting to check out the shoes!

I went out on Thanksgiving evening to Target (in drab). Looking around while standing in line, the outfits were so tightly distributed between two groups it was almost comical! Women were either wearing sweaters/leggings/boots with nice hair/makeup, or they were shopping practically in their pajamas :) I thought "so this is how everyone dressed at their Thanksgiving dinners..." I did notice some cute boots, plus a style I am interested in - thin legwarmers inside the boots but showing over the top, and maybe with a pretty accent of lace or color. I'm on the lookout for how I can add that to my look.

Sarah

Jenniferathome
11-26-2016, 03:14 PM
... I thought that people there would be dressed formal, ...

Really? You thought people going pre-black Friday shopping actually dress up to do battle at Walmart or BestBuy for crap they don't need? I know hindsight's 20/20 but I think regular eyesight would have caught that one.

Elizabeth G
11-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I think most black Friday shoppers dress for battle, not style. That being said, I certainly have not "leveled up" yet but I'm working on it. You look great as always Valery!

Dana44
11-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Yeah Valery, I have a pair of heels that do hurt if you wear them out. But all my other heels do not and I can wear them anywhere. so for the heal that hurts I bought a ballerina slippers that I can fold and put them in my purse. Then I can put on the heels at the function and that would be a good solution for those heels.
You looked nice and might been the only girl there like that so you got a lot of attention. I have seen GG's dressed up to go get something in a store for a party or something and they were well dressed and they also got a lot of attention. I guess people don't get to formal anymore but you did your part. Maybe next year as they saw you and said to themselves that wow this girl did that and looked so nice. Perhaps next year I will. You may have started something.

Lana Mae
11-26-2016, 07:40 PM
As usual you look great!! No, here they were casually dressed. Mostly in jeans and tee shirts. Noticed the boots are coming out now! Some dresses and a few skirts with sweaters. Hugs Lana Mae

Alyssa Lane
11-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Really? You thought people going pre-black Friday shopping actually dress up to do battle at Walmart or BestBuy for crap they don't need? I know hindsight's 20/20 but I think regular eyesight would have caught that one.

People looking for deals id say don't go out wearing there best

Andrea Renea
11-27-2016, 06:20 AM
Yeah, black Friday here in NC the girls were out in jeans, skirts with leggings,
riding or western boots, tennis shoes, sweaters, etc..

karynspanties
11-27-2016, 09:46 AM

I agree. Just look at how women dress when out shopping. They are not dressed to the nines for sure. If you want to blend in, you need to dress down. If you want attention, wear a short skirt and heels. Pretty simple. And stay out of Walmart unless you want to appear on the people of walmart site.

Leslie Langford
11-27-2016, 12:07 PM

Was that put-down really necessary? I call that a 9 out of 10 on the Snark-O-Meter.

Valery penned a sincere and well-intentioned post here, and you decided to crap all over her. She hasn't been around the block for as many years as you have and is still a relative newbie at this CD/shopping en femme game. Besides, she hails from outside the US as far as I recall, so maybe she is not as familiar with the cultural (?) norms prevalent there as you are, so cut her some slack.

Not cool, not cool at all...

michelleddg
11-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Word for word what Leslie said. Hugs, Michelle

Jamie Christopher
11-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Thank you Leslie also; I agree that was not kind...

Jamie

Valery L
11-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Thank you girls,

And for Jennifer. This was my second Thanksgiving, but the last one I did not go anywhere, so I should say it was my first Thanksgiving, so yeah this experience was new for me. I assumed that since Thursday was the thanksgiving dinner, at least some people who was in the mall that night would be well dressed because maybe they just had their dinner or was was about to have it, if I planned to go to the mall on Friday instead, I would certainly know that nobody would be well dressed. And finally, if I went there overdressed, what is the problem?, who cares?, I loved how I looked and based on the good traits received that day, certainly other people liked it too.

ellbee
11-27-2016, 03:05 PM
I understand Valery's reasoning, but it doesn't hold true because it seems many GG's will usually change into more-casual attire before they do their Thanksgiving Day shopping -- or they didn't get all dressed up to begin with.

Found out the hard way, I suppose. But no biggie.

And yes, red *will* attract attention, no matter who's wearing it. As do skirts & heels & hose, regardless of the setting.

Finally, I believe many who do this Thanksgiving Day / Black Friday shopping stuff probably typically don't do it alone -- especially a younger female.

JenniferMBlack
11-27-2016, 03:46 PM
I went out Thanksgiving night as well but I was in guy mode, and felt over dressed in jeans and a camp shirt. As long as she was happy and had a good time and found good deals that's all that really matters.

NancySue
11-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Add me to Leslie, Michelle and Jamie's responses. A lump of coal for J.
Valery...you look beautiful. And big congrats on the success of your venture. You are correct...it's your and our choices what we decide to wear whether staying in or going out. Here, the shopping dress mode appears to be very very basic-casual which occasionally causes a dilemma for me to blend in. Sorry, I love makeup, hose, heels, skirts, cashmere sweaters, jewelry, etc.

BLUE ORCHID
11-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Hi Valery:hugs:, You look very lovely even if you didn't blend in...:daydreaming:...

Tracii G
11-27-2016, 09:00 PM
You look fantastic Valery.
Love the outfit and the shoes.

Natasha V
11-28-2016, 02:50 AM
Wow, you look fantastic, Keep doing what your doing and rock them shoes till the heels are gone.

Vickie_CDTV
11-28-2016, 04:30 AM
Don't mind the naysayers. If you want to get dressed up to go shopping, go for it. I have gone shopping dressed up with hose and heels (not anything that short, but I don't have very nice legs.) I have had stares and second looks and whatnot but no one bothered me and I had a good time.

Amazingly, not everyone on Black Friday acts like an animal. I go every year and I have never seen anyone behave like the idiots they show on national TV.

I have seen a few GGs dressed up on Black Thursday from Thanksgiving. Granted, very few, and never in heels that I can remember, but no one bothered them.

Happygirl!
11-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Love the outfit! You look great. When most of the other GGs are dressed casual while out shopping, and I see a GG dressed to the nines, I love it. So why shouldn't we be
able to do the same thing? If you got it, flaunt it! :)

Belle De Mer
11-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Very gorgeous Valery!

Krisi
11-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Why is everyone dumping on Jennifer. She did nothing but post her opinion (and a valid one in my opinion). Is this becoming one of those "safe places" where everyone avoids the truth because it might hurt someone's feelings? What good is that?

Are we here to learn and help each other or just to hear compliments when they aren't sincere?

Valery looks very nice but not for shopping on Thanksgiving day when the sales are on and people are pushing and shoving to get the bargains. As much of a temptation as it is for some crossdressers to take it over the top with outfits, shoes and makeup, it's far better to dress like the other women if we want to be viewed as one of them.

Yes, there's no law against it but you have to be ready or the consequences. And if you post that you expected people to be dressed formally at the mall on Thanksgiving, you should expect to hear about that as well. I would consider that a "pink fog moment".

Beverley Sims
11-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Lovely appearance, welcome to the world of high heels. :-)

dolovewell
11-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Why is everyone dumping on Jennifer. She did nothing but post her opinion (and a valid one in my opinion). Is this becoming one of those "safe places" where everyone avoids the truth because it might hurt someone's feelings? What good is that?

Are we here to learn and help each other or just to hear compliments when they aren't sincere?

Valery looks very nice but not for shopping on Thanksgiving day when the sales are on and people are pushing and shoving to get the bargains. As much of a temptation as it is for some crossdressers to take it over the top with outfits, shoes and makeup, it's far better to dress like the other women if we want to be viewed as one of them.

Yes, there's no law against it but you have to be ready or the consequences. And if you post that you expected people to be dressed formally at the mall on Thanksgiving, you should expect to hear about that as well. I would consider that a "pink fog moment".

Each time I give constructive criticism, or make any comment that is not glowing praise, my inbox gets barraged with a flood of "how dare you" private messages scolding me for not being supportive and not lifting up the individual and being critical. So now I only give it when its asked for, which is rare.

The sad part is that, usually, the target of my constructive criticism thanks me for the advice, its the white knight users who I wasn't even directing my criticism toward who gets offended on their behalf. I think that's pretty sad, to be honest.

What if I told you, that being supportive and encouraging doesn't necessarily mean giving nothing but 100% glowing positive praise, and instead, giving constructive criticism where it is warranted? I actually think 100% hugboxxing positivity is NOT being supportive, and is deterimental and hurting the individual.

If it weren't for people giving me constructive criticism and harsh advice, I would never take any steps forward. I'd still be wearing crappy wigs, still be making goofy makeup mistakes, still be making fashion errors, and so on. I credit people having the courage to give me constructive criticism for the largest steps forward I have taken in my crossdressing journey and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

Leslie Langford
11-29-2016, 08:24 PM

Of course everyone's entitled to an opinon, and I've been known to call a spade a spade myself from time to time. It certainly isn't my thing to blow sunshine up a person's posterior when it is not deserved, nor do I expect it from others in return. On the other hand, I do appreciate constructive criticism - even if it is deflating at times - as long as it is sincere and offered in a respectful, well-meaning and helpful manner.

My issue with Jennifer is not what she said - it is how she said it, and the sarcastic, condescending tone of her response. Perhaps she needs to re-acquaint herself with the Forum Main Rules and Guidelines, which state - among other things:

- All members of the forum have the right to post and reply to posts and generally take advantage of the features of the forum without abuse from other members. If the board Administrators and/or Moderators believe that any abuse is taking place, the offender will be warned and their posts may be moderated. If the abuse continues, the offending member will be removed from the forum for a minimum of 7 days to 1 month. If on return, the abuse still continues, the offending member will be removed from the forum permanently,

and

- Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves (such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.)

I stand by what I said in my original reply.

Vickie_CDTV
11-29-2016, 08:35 PM
It is a matter of degree. If she did something wantonly dangerous (like get into a car with a complete stranger) I could understand the harsh criticism, which would be for her own good. She went out "overdressed" to go shopping. Nothing bad happened, and worst thing is that someone could have laughed at her or something. Not worth getting bent out of shape about.

Babbs
11-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Leslie, you are right on. We all want and give criticism but there is no need for wise - ass comments, simple as that in my opinion.

ellbee
11-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Besides, she hails from outside the US as far as I recall, so maybe she is not as familiar with the cultural (?) norms prevalent there as you are, so cut her some slack.

This was my second Thanksgiving, but the last one I did not go anywhere, so I should say it was my first Thanksgiving, so yeah this experience was new for me.

And there you have it. :)

Besides, she mentioned that she went to a mall -- not Wal-Mart or Best Buy. Was it more of an upscale mall, where perhaps one would think you might see a bit more of that dressed-up look? Who knows, who cares. Did she blend? Doesn't particularly sound it. Did she like what she was wearing and knew she looked & felt pretty good? Yep.

Hey, if a GG or a hundred didn't change first & instead went to the mall in their Thanksgiving dinner outfit, who cares. Their business. They'd probably get a bit more attention, as well.

And honestly, some aren't necessarily looking to blend so they're completely "invisible." Some, whether subconsciously or not, actually *like* a bit of extra attention! As long as they're not doing something that's totally excessive or abnormal or anything, who cares.

Anyway, the question is: Will Valery go out shopping on Thanksgiving Day again? Will she wear heels? Will she tone it down a bit?

Find out next year! :D

Amanda22
11-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Plenty of times I dress better than the average shopper. I know I'm not blending. Blending is not the end-all, be-all goal for me. If it were, I'd constantly be worrying if I passed. I don't pass (unlike the beautiful Valery), but I do look like I put thought and effort into my appearance and that goes a long way.

Genny B
11-29-2016, 09:57 PM
I can wear the heels, but I'm jealous because I can't wear the miniskirt. Darn knee replacement scars...

Genny B

paulaprimo
11-30-2016, 01:56 AM
OMG Valery, you are so gorgeous and natural looking!
if i looked half as good as you i would be out wearing heels
and mini's every place!! i would welcome the attention.
when you got it, flaunt it... and you got it!! :)

Stephanie47
11-30-2016, 02:07 AM
Valery, you're a living doll. You look great. I can see why you had the attention of a lot of shoppers. This girl refuses to get out for Thanklessgiving shopping ever. I did venture forth on Saturday night. I think if women went out shopping in your attire and looked as sexy as you, I'd vacant my recliner in an instant. Hope you were able to find some bargains.

NicoleScott
11-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Not everyone "dresses for battle" when they shop. I see a lot of people in stores while wearing their work clothes, whether a guy in his mechanic uniform or a woman in a dress and heels such as the OP is wearing, suitable for office wear. Many people just shop when they can, whatever they're wearing at the time.
Too bad that some people use "just being honest" or "expressing my opinion" as justification for mean-spirited trashing of others.

deebra
11-30-2016, 08:56 AM
Valery you look great, exactly what every CD would like to look like. If every CD that went out looked like you no one would be outed and more of us would go out. You were noticed because you were hot!!! Maybe you were going to a formal event and just stopped in WalMart for an item on sale, how else would you dress? Really glad to hear that at 29 years old you are into CDing and present so well, look at how many more years you can enjoy this. As good as the clothes feel, the presentation and living it, I don't see how you can keep from dressing almost all of he time. This is a bias comment but beautiful female clothing shouldn't be limited to just women.

Jennifer I too have posted and then felt it was to strong and regretted it.

Krisi
11-30-2016, 09:10 AM
................ Too bad that some people use "just being honest" or "expressing my opinion" as justification for mean-spirited trashing of others.

I don't see Jennifer's comment (or mine) as "mean-spirited trashing of others." Are we supposed to walk on eggshells around here. I see her comment as an honest opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

I know some folks have to have their "safe places" but in reality, we need to put on our big girl panties and move on with life.