PDA

View Full Version : GGs find clothing sexy ?

Lilith Moon
03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
In another thread Alan said:
"I keep thinking only us CDers enjoy wearing dresses!"

By coincidence I was thinking about this last night. During a talk with my SO I mentioned that I didn't find drab clothing sexy. She was dismayed and I was surprised by her reaction. She had assumed that males enjoyed their (drab) clothes just as she enjoys her female clothing and my attitude to drab really bothered her.

So here's a question for CD-ers and GGs:

Do you find the clothing that society deems correct for your gender erotic ? Do you GGs get sexually turned on by dressing up and seeing yourself in the mirror ? Or by the reactions of others to your clothes ? Do CD-ers find their "boy" clothing at all sexy or erotic? As I said, I don't and I'm wondering if this is common among us ?

I'm assuming that FtoM cd-ers would find drab exciting. It seems obvious to me but is it really so ? Any FtoM's like to comment ?

Honey GG
03-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Hummmm interesting questions...
Nope I guess I don't find womens clothing erotic.. and I don't get 'turned on' by wearing them. BUT, when I really dress up to the 9's I do FEEL sexy and desirable to my husband and he appreciates the extra effort I take when we go out.
Everyday dressing is just that, still want to look good though.

Honey- GG

MelissaM
03-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Sexually turned on? No. Do I think I can look pretty? Yes. My man? I think he looks hot, hot, hot in blue jeans and a t-shirt. grrr.

BethGG
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I hate the feeling of wearing dresses, skirts, and heels! The only time I ever wear that stuff is if I'm going to a function or something. I do think it may look a bit attractive me wearing it, but still, I just feel like it's not for me. As far as just sexy shirts....I'll wear fitted shirts and think "I look good tonight!" but not in a way that turns me on. Or I might just think I look gross(dislike my weight).

KTcat
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I love to dress up, to look good and feel good about myself.. but turned on by what I'm wearing? No.

But then are men not more visually stimulated than women when it comes to sex?

However...

a man in nicely fitted denims - tick
a man with broad shoulders in a sexy shirt/t-shirt - tick
a man in a kilt - tick
a man in panties - tick, tick
a man in panties and high heels tick, tick, tick
a man in panties, high heels, stockings and a corset - tick, tick, tick, tick

Boom..!

Go Figure.

Eddie Izzard makes a good point though:

"Women have this vast variety of lingerie, stockings and tights and different patterns, and shoes, with different-sized heels, in red and black, and skirts - short, long, with slits - push-the-boob things . . . there's so much around in women's things that is erotic.

While men have: shirt shirt shirt jumper shirt jumper jacket jumper shirt jacket trousers trousers short trousers trousers flat shoes."

CaptLex
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM

Do you find the clothing that society deems correct for your gender erotic? Do you GGs get sexually turned on by dressing up and seeing yourself in the mirror? Or by the reactions of others to your clothes? Do CD-ers find their "boy" clothing at all sexy or erotic? As I said, I don't and I'm wondering if this is common among us?

I'm assuming that FtoM cd-ers would find drab exciting. It seems obvious to me but is it really so ? Any FtoM's like to comment?

Hi Lilith, good questions. Thanks for including FtMs in your query.

I personally don't find any clothing "erotic", that is, I'm not actually turned on by anything I wear, but I do enjoy wearing my boy clothes (or what you call "drab" - I see nothing drab in my colorful ties and silky shirts, LOL). Not only are they comfortable (physically and mentally), but I like what I see when I look in the mirror. I never wear typical women's clothes (skirts, dresses, heels), but I do wear clothes made for my female body. These I consider mostly functional, and I choose colors and styles I like, so I don't hate them, but I like my male clothes more.

Hope this answers your questions. ;)

Anita Mae GG
03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't find clothing erotic to wear...do I think I look good in some things yes does it turn me on when my husband wears certain clothes, yes

kathy gg
03-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Do I find the clothing erotic? Just a dress or just a shoe? Then the answer is no. I don't find inanimate objects sexy.

You asked do I get "turned on" by seeing myself dressed up in the clothing of my gender? I would never use the term "turned on". I like how I feel when I feel good about my appearance. I get excited about finding a bargain or the perfect thing in my size. It brings me happiness, but not a sexual feeling.

I do like certain fetish wear like pvc pants or a gothic dress or a cool pair of leather boots. I like the idea of wearing something I don't ordinarly get to wear in my day to day life. And I like seeing other people's outfits when we go to those gothic type clubs. Certainly gives me ideas for outfits or motivates me to look for something similiar.

You asked about reaction from, other people based on what I wear? I think there might be an element of "enjoyment" then. I certainly do like to not look 'broing'. Although that is easy to let happen when you are a stay at home mom. So I do find that I go out of my way to look glamorous or wild when we go out. When younger I have worn things that I knew would cause a comment either from a teacher or my parents or even the place I worked. I chalk that up to being young and rebelious.

I think the only way clothing plays any "sexual" role would be the person who is wearing it. If I am turned on by the guy maybe the clothes do have some connection. Only that it gives me a point of reference to a memory or a certain moment. And I do have emotional attachemnt though to certain clothing. I can't part with my prom dress that I wore in high school! I also am very particular and careful with shirts that I have bought at all the rock conerts I have been to.

I don't normally give alot of thought to these things till someone points them out.

thanks for asking.

In another thread Alan said:
"I keep thinking only us CDers enjoy wearing dresses!"

Do you find the clothing that society deems correct for your gender erotic ? Do you GGs get sexually turned on by dressing up and seeing yourself in the mirror ? Or by the reactions of others to your clothes ? Do CD-ers find their "boy" clothing at all sexy or erotic? As I said, I don't and I'm wondering if this is common among us ?

I'm assuming that FtoM cd-ers would find drab exciting. It seems obvious to me but is it really so ? Any FtoM's like to comment ?

kittypw GG
03-01-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm with Kathy in that inanimate objects don't ever give me a sexual feeling. I do however feel sexy when I am dressed up and I know that men are taking notice. Instead of a sexual feeling I feel on top of the world and a little bit powerful that I can make a man turn his head and look at me. I know when I really look good is when a women takes a good look at me. I know she is thinking "wounder if I would look good in that outfit" Or "wow that chic is put together" I love looking taylored and smart with sexy things underneath. When my husband is dressed up with good shoes ,nice pants, shirt, and smelling like black code by armani. Well I would blush to tell you how I feel about that. My sexiest look for men would be great taylored pants, tee shirt , suit jacket, nice casual shoes, some great sun glasses and of course the black code. Just watch QUEER EYE and you will find the sexiest look for men. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!! Now there is a group of guys that love to look good and dress hot. What a cruel trick that they don't want women. Kitty

Tamara Croft
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Do you find the clothing that society deems correct for your gender erotic ? Erotic no, some clothes are very sexy.

Do you GGs get sexually turned on by dressing up and seeing yourself in the mirror ? Or by the reactions of others to your clothes ? I don't get 'turned on' by looking at myself in the mirror at all. Sometimes, if I'm going out and I am dressed up to the nines etc, I might say something jokingly like 'damn you look good tonight girl'..... rare that is though ;) I don't get 'turned on' by the reaction of others either, maybe a bit of an ego boost.

Michelle Hart
03-01-2006, 07:43 PM
See photo for example::

Do you find the clothing that society deems correct for your gender erotic ?

Well sure, the problem is that even when I dress to meet with clienets or go to a client site I still have so few "choices" in what I can wear. Jacket & slacks -blue/black/tan.....oh boy!!

Even when I look like the above photo [left side], which I closly resemble. I can only do so much.....

Now when you look to the right, that is only the begining of what girls can do. Every color of the rainbow and then some. Hair up or down long or short , a multitude of earings, belts and shoes. Hemlines wherever the urge can imagine.

In male mode I can look and be sexy, but in girl mode I can look a whole lot better.

cindybarnes
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I cant think of any "boy" clothes could possably be erotic or exciting. My guy side is a slob,, not GQ ya know *S*
My girl side doesnt dress on the erotic side either, but will try a sexy look from time to time.
I sooo envey GG's being able to be creative with their looks,,, make up hairstyles,, colors,etc,, not always looking for some erotic look but caring enough about apperance that they keep in touch with current fashions.
If my guy side was as attentive,, I would be acused of one of the queer eye show candadates :) Thats just me in my own situation

Cindy

livy_m_b
03-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Erotic? No. Sexy? Yes.

Jennaie
03-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I get dressed up in male clothing, my best suit or something simular and I think, yea, I look good in this, just like girls do.

Do I think I am sexually hot or get turned on by looking at myself in the mirror, hell no.

I have gone into large dept stores and stopped 15 feet from the door, looked around as a clerk approached me and ask, "may I help you?". I replied, "I see the 25000 square feet of womens things, where do you keep the 500 square feet of mens clothing?

My point is this: Men wear uniforms, not clothing.

ReginaK
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
For me, wearing drab clothes is about as erotic as getting my teeth cleaned. Same goes for shopping for them. My drab clothes are tools for for keeping me warm, cool, protected, employed, and legal. If they happen to look good, that's a bonus.

Ironically, you'd think a crossdresser would love clothes in general, but I actually detest guys who put too much effort into shopping for men's clothes. Especially the metrosexual types who pay hundreds of dollars just for a shirt and pants.

ToyGirl
03-02-2006, 01:36 AM
First i think , if your a hetero man , and you look in the mirror and see an attractive women (and what a coincidence they are wearing all the clothes you love to see on a women) then your in the highest bracket to be turned on. But Lets face it guys get turned on making toast, Its just how there built.

After a few years of hormones , i can quite safely make toast with out any surprises , and i can also understand what the GG's above have said. What for me now is feeling 'sexy' . May have long ago been 'turned on'.

Sarah Rabbit
03-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Eddie Izzard makes a good point though:

"Women have this vast variety of lingerie, stockings and tights and different patterns, and shoes, with different-sized heels, in red and black, and skirts - short, long, with slits - push-the-boob things . . . there's so much around in women's things that is erotic.

While men have: shirt shirt shirt jumper shirt jumper jacket jumper shirt jacket trousers trousers short trousers trousers flat shoes."

Exactly. The range of styles women have is just incredible:drooling: , where as drab is so limited:doh:

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

Miriannah
03-02-2006, 05:06 AM
I think the answer is buried in this paragraph here:

I do like certain fetish wear like pvc pants or a gothic dress or a cool pair of leather boots. I like the idea of wearing something I don't ordinarly get to wear in my day to day life. And I like seeing other people's outfits when we go to those gothic type clubs. Certainly gives me ideas for outfits or motivates me to look for something similiar.
You hit the jackpot! For (I'm guessing) most crossdressers, wearing womens' clothing -is- fetishwear of a sort, (whether they will admit it or not) which is why wearing it is apprently more of a turn-on for them than it is for actual females.

Helen MC
03-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Almost all male clothing does absolutely nothing for me. I hate male underpants of any type and have not worn them at all since I was 15, having for the previous 3 years only worn male underpants on the days I had to do Gym at school. I have never felt any arousal about trousers (pants to US readers) , shirts, suits etc, though I do find some of my male outerclothing to be comfortable but always with women's panties beneath.

I have to say that I do find a kilt erotic to wear and to see but that is because it is like a skirt and the closest a man in the UK can get to wearing a skirt outdoors in ordinary society and the idea of man wearing a kilt is a turn on especially if he is wearing navy blue or bottle green etc schoolgirl knickers (briefs) beneath it but that is the turn on from the thought that he like me is wearing female underwear not a homoerotic effect. If I saw up a man's kilt and he was a "True Scot" that is naked (commando) under his kilt I would be totally turned OFF as I would be if I saw up a woman's skirt and she was not wearing any panties and I was confronted with a naked "beaver".

I did ask my ex-wife and other girlfriends if they were ever turned on by their clothing. The answer was not in the sexual sense but my wife did feel very comfortable wearing Sloggi Briefs, to which I introduced her when we started to go out together, her previous panties being rather poor to say the least. When we split up, still friendly with each other, she did say that she would now have to buy her own panties again but I did leave her some 20 pairs that we had shared to see her through. She also said that she felt really good in some outfits such as the "little black dress" I bought her.

CaptLex
03-02-2006, 10:30 AM
My point is this: Men wear uniforms, not clothing.

Not if you do it right. I think there's plenty of choices in male clothing and it's a great exercise in creativity for me to put together just the right boy's outfit.

I actually detest guys who put too much effort into shopping for men's clothes. Especially the metrosexual types who pay hundreds of dollars just for a shirt and pants.

That would be me. Can't help it. I very much like the GQ look.

To each his/her own, kids. ;)

InHerShoes
03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
I like the idea of wearing something I don't ordinarly get to wear in my day to day life. And I like seeing other people's outfits when we go to those gothic type clubs.
I think that is key to this discussion. If I HAD to wear a pretty dress and heels to work every day I would come home and put on sweatpants and a t-shirt. It's hard to think of your every day clothes a s sexy - whichever gender you are.

Dragster
03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I find my wife erotic when she wears anything sexy, and that just about covers all the usual fetishes of high stilettoes, black stockings, suspenders, corset, silky top, and tight skirt or dress, or latex/PVC clothes (all the same things I find erotic when I wear them too). Unfortunately, they don't turn her on at all, so it doesn't happen often enough for me.

Tony

A sage GG
04-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I have recently had a problem with this all I ever saw my husband in was drab or enfemm. So out of the kindness of his heart and after reading my introduction post he bought some nice looking male clothes which he would never have done without him needing it for some function to which we would never go to. But when I saw him dress as a man and LOOKING FINE!!!:cheeky: I was floored and turned on to the hilt. I did think of him wearing that out fit later that night:D and OMG! I would guess seeing a person out of their normal wear is exciting but if you regularly dress nice then no big deal.

dancinginthedark
04-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Do I get turned on looking at myself dressed in anything? Nope.
I do feel sexy when I dress the part or I am getting some appreciative looks or comments.
I agree with the others who say if you dressed up all the time it is not so much of a big deal for you, takes some of the different/unusual out of it for me.
Now when I see my DH dressed up I do get turned on. Doesn't happen much that I get to see this and until a week ago he had not bought any dress male clothing in years. I had to flat out insist he buy some drab or no new stockings! [I was getting desperate here]
I cannot speak for all the GG's out there, but for this one, to see my guy dressed up in the "drab" thrills me no end. [and I agree with CaptLex they don't need to be drab at all] Definitely a turn on. Lots of memories come into play of when we first met and sex was still a maybe. And later memories when sex was a definite, “OH Yes!”
And yes, tight jeans and just a cotton tee do it for me too. He has a great ass and got to love a great set of arms. OH, and a tee that is a bit too tight so it fits snug and hugs all those muscles. Yum. I love looking at him and if literally all of my sexaully charged memories are of him dressed as a male for better than 18 years, then it makes sense seeing him in those dull old male clothes does it for me. Hmmm, maybe it is knowing just what those clothes are covering that does it for me?
But just like a lot of others, clothed or partially clothed is better than completely nude as far as a visual turn on when looking at him [or any other male] as far as I am concerned.