PDA

View Full Version : Simple outing

StefaniLara
12-04-2016, 02:27 AM
Sometimes it's the simplest things that are the hardest to do. I've gone out in public a few times this past year. I went to OKC en femme, visited the Dallas Arboretum and the Cheesecake Factory with a friend, no problem. I've been to a gay bar here in town several times, late at night, and enjoyed myself. But this past week, I finally worked up the courage to do a normal thing, go to the movies.

I know, it's such a small thing, but it was huge for me. The odd thing was that as I sat there, as Stefani, there was no thrill. It was just an evening at the movies, with a friend. I was at ease and it was natural, and I loved it. Next, I want to go to a bar with friends. I think that would be so much fun. I just hope no one causes any trouble.

I never thought I would get to this place in my life, where I'm comfortable enough with myself to simply be. I spent almost my first year confined in an apartment, too afraid to venture beyond the front door, and now I'm going out. It's still not easy, and I still get a little nervous, especially when I have to speak, but other than that, I'm settling in to the fact that it really isn't all that big a deal.

bridget thronton
12-04-2016, 03:11 AM
Thanks for sharing - sounds like you are headed in a good directiin

Tracii G
12-04-2016, 12:31 PM
It seems like such a huge deal at first but you soon lean it really isn't.
Keep setting goals like you have been and enjoy going out.
Thats pretty much how a lot of us have done it.

TrishaTX
12-04-2016, 12:59 PM
That is fantastic and comforting. As I am from Texas now as well, I will say it is easier here than NY, I know you wouldn't believe it but it is. Let's hope we bump into each other dressed one day.

Pat
12-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Very cool! Today the movie theater; tomorrow the grocery store. ;) The ability to do ordinary things as yourself has huge payback since they're the things you do... err... ordinarily. When I started allowing myself to have an everyday life, I realized how exhausting being a cis-pretender had been. I hope it's the same for you.

mykell
12-04-2016, 03:57 PM
congratz, even the simplest things are important to do....

Lana Mae
12-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Is it not amazing to simply be!!?? I had that same feeling on my vacation/transformation when Lana Mae came out! It felt so good I cried and cried because I had to leave and knew I was going back to complicated living! I am coming to that same realization that it is no big deal but I have to practice my makeup so I do not scare the muggles!!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Alice_2014_B
12-06-2016, 12:23 AM
It is true for me too; though it gets easier the more you go out, there remains some nervousness at times.

Huge break thru for me was doing stand-up comedy en femme; I was more nervous approaching the two bouncers and using me normal voice for the first time (never spoke to anyone ever when out before) and presenting my I.D.
They were so cool about it; once I was inside 99% of my nervousness disappeared.

:)