PDA

View Full Version : Little 'outing' game ... does anyone else do this?

Becky Blue
12-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Do others ever make a point of 'outing yourself' unnecessarily just for fun?

I have small feet and my wife's are average, I could probably squeeze into her shoes, in fact I probably have on occasion :)

My wife's favourite boots broke, she asked if I could take them to a shop repair place near my office. I told the SA that my boots were broken and I really like them. He did not bat an eyelid, examined them and gave me a quote to fix them. Clearly not the first guy to ask for his black leather woman's boots to be repaired. I found the reversal quite fun.

Stephj
12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Does telling the SA at VS that the bra I am buying is for me count yes I do that every time

Aunt Kelly
12-05-2016, 07:55 AM
I don't go out of my way to hide it; no "for my wife..." excuses, but I also don't make it a point to out myself to SA's. On the other hand, if they give any hint that they know who I'm shopping for, I will smile, nod, or otherwise confirm for them. Obvious exception being the store where I bought my first breast forms. Oh, and the local Catherine's, where the SA was wise the minute I walked in the door. She had the whole decorum thing down. Polite, generic greeting until the store was empty, or nearly so, then as sweet and helpful as she could be.
And yes, I do enjoy those little "outings".

Tracy Irving
12-05-2016, 08:02 AM
My wife prefers to try on her clothing at home rather than in the store. Often, I am tasked with taking items back. When asked why I am returning, I always say that it didn't fit. Haven't had a problem yet.

Lily Catherine
12-05-2016, 08:26 AM
I out myself, unintentionally or otherwise, soon as I make my purchase. As much as I am justified in so doing, I've tried on mostly jeans and sweaters already. Not dresses though - the dress I am wearing in my profile picture was a blind buy that actually fit nicely.

NancySue
12-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Both of us prefer trying things on at home. I neither flaunt or deny if a SA wants to chat. Most SA's view these as
business transaction. Yes, I've encountered a few SA's that probably suspected what I was buying or returning was for me. They smile, make eye contact and are more conversational. I developed a great relationship with a SA in Macy's hosiery department. We enjoyed checking different hosiery products. I mostly buy Hanes, but she recommended Hue, Berkshire and other brands. Later, we'd chat about how "she" liked them. Unfortunately, she was transferred to another department and not the lingerie department.

CarolBrown
12-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Whilst I do and have worn women's jeans for a while, today is then first time I have been out with nail polish on... If anyone noticed, then they didn't acknowledge it, my wife held a dress up in front of me to see where it would come down to on me today in a fairly busy supermarket...

suzanne
12-05-2016, 01:16 PM
When I am shopping for a dress, I make no secret of the fact that it's for me, as I am dressed more often than not. Twice I have taken a pair of my heels for repair. Because it was after work, I was drab. When I entered, I described the work that was needed, and they did it without comment. Who owned or wore the shoes was irrelevant, so I never used words that indicated that fact. However, If asked, I would have said they were mine.

That said, I totally understand those who want to do this kind of outing experiment. Staying in the closet sucks. The only way to live is to be free to be yourself, and this is a good way to test those waters for yourself. I hope you can use this experience, with the realization that this is "no big deal" to expand your personal dressing comfort zone.

docrobbysherry
12-05-2016, 01:19 PM
I out myself every time I go out dressed in public. :brolleyes:

After doing that countless times, discussing buying women's things with SA's in drab has become a non issue for me.:straightface:

Alice_2014_B
12-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I have spoken to SA's in my normal voice several times while out en femme.
Not sure if that counts or not.

:)

deebra
12-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Yes Becky I also outed my self intentionally to see the reaction. The side zipper on my black women's three inch heel boot broke so I took it to the shoe shop to get it fixed. When I went to pick it up I had on girl jeans and hose, I put the boots on over my hose and walked around the shop in them. The female S.A. was a little shocked, she said I thought they were your wife's; nope they are mine. She definitely remembers me.

Tracii G
12-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Sure I do.
The other day a FB friend I worked with (T filled guy) posted something about being at VS.
I assume he was with his wife so I just said Nice but not very functional.
I had 2 of his female FB friends add me saying you seem to know your lingerie and that they felt the same way.
In the past he would post anti bathroom bill posts and I would always be on the pro trans side.
If he figured it out OK but he has never said hey are you a tranny?

DIANEF
12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
A few weeks ago I bought a new female winter coat, and for the first time I didn't use the 'its for my wife' excuse, I even tried it on in the store. Pretty normal for many but for me a real turning point. Right now I'm on a company training course and have been wearing a very small watch, a bracelet and a nice necklace. People have noticed them but so far no comments.

sara66
12-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I rarely volunteer that it is for me, unless they ask. When I first starts buying things for my self I made up something about being for my wife (before I was married). Now I have no problem letting the SA know it is for me. It seems about half the SAs know right away. Most of the other half never miss a beat and treat me the same as any other customer.
Sara

Karan
12-05-2016, 05:18 PM
If the store has items that catch my eye and the SA seem genuinely interested and nice, yes I am open and honest. I found this makes the experience far less stressful for me and less frustrating for the SA. Usually when you open up the SAs are far more helpful and I believe like the idea of putting a look together for a customer willing to listen. They seem to have as much fun if not more than me. No, I don't think it is commission driven but even so that is OK. if I get negative or indifferent vibes, I don't even bother looking.

phylis anne
12-05-2016, 06:55 PM
some time ago I quit using the usual littany of excuses especiall as I have become more educated clothing wise ,I tell them right up front it is for me and only on one occasion did I ever get a bit of attitude ,which I politely rectified with her ,simply by asking her nicely what the objection was , she replied on religeous grounds, I replied that as god made all of us it is not wrong to be who we are ,she tought about that for a bit cheered up some and asked what else I would like:eek: it is fun to come out of a fitting room like at soma and an older grandma type gives you the evil eye or even better some macho guy is there with his wife and gives a wth? look but notice he keeps looking at me when his wife turns away :heehee: at work sometimes little convo comments with the guys are made and on occasion ham it up a bit (if they only knew) ,but the funniest one was at my daughters and my oldest granddaughter said ,mom grampy has boobs! the son in law was sitting watching the game and I swished my way over to him and said come here often sailor ? ,my daughter was drinking wine and well it went out her mouth ,out her nose she was laughing so hard ,but I do think shhing------ as one day we were talking and she said ,so dad when are you getting the operation???:eek: I wonder what she would do if I came there one day and said guess what I got ???
hugs phylis anne

Lori Kurtz
12-05-2016, 08:31 PM
One time when I was buying a bra, the SA, obviously joking, said, "You're gonna look great in this." On impulse, I just smiled and said, "I think so too." She started to laugh, but I suddenly I felt the blood rushing to my face. As soon as she saw that color change, her laugh stopped short. She was as embarrassed as I was, and I think we were both glad that I could take my change and my package and quickly slink away with no further discussion.

TrishaTX
12-05-2016, 08:54 PM
I think I do this allot actually, while I work around many alpha males, I often just say , yes that is my bra or the like. They laugh it off, I snicker

Becky Blue
12-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Lori and Tricia and sorry for any others I have missed above, this is what I meant, when you actually out yourself when its not necessary to... or make a joke/comment that others would laugh off not realising why you were saying it, but you know.

Tracii G
12-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah I have made comments like I wouldn't wear those shoes with that top after Easter around a bunch of straight male friends I used to work with.
They would of course laugh and call me crazy and assume I was teasing.

lingerieLiz
12-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I have always found women that leave a button or two undone on blouses or shirts so that a glimpse of her bra shows occasionally as she bends and moves. I have been guilty of it. I love beautiful lingerie and delicate bras that contrast with the silk shirt. Seems a waste not to let others take a peak. I'm sure that the receptionist at the doctors office saw it when I signed the log in. And, sales clerks as I signed my credit card.

Lexi_83
12-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Do others ever make a point of 'outing yourself' unnecessarily just for fun?//
Coming to work with eye makeup on after a late night wasn't "just for gun" but I lived. Got quite a reaction!

DIANEF
12-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Im on a works training course, staying at a hotel and in a single room registered in my male name. Room service had been in when I was out today. Just been in the bathroom and found a glass I'd had a drink from last night, with a large and very obvious red lipstick mark on the edge. Whoops!!

Jenny22
12-06-2016, 07:11 PM
The only time I outed myself was when I bought my second wig. I told the young Asian lady that it was for me. She asked, "are you an actor"? and I replied that I like to wear women's clothing at times. She giggled and proceeded to help me try on several wigs of my choice. She was quite nice to me. I've subsequently bought two more from her, and she remembered me each time with a big smiling face.
As an aside, I've only ever bought my femme things in drab, and many times I've asked a SA for help or asked a lady searching a sale rack with me what she thought of such and such a garment, or was it a dress or a tunic. That always disarms them, so to speak.

Allisa
12-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I don't know if this qualifies but I took a skirt that I had torn(stepped on going up stairs)and needed an alteration(new elastic)to the dry cleaner/tailor and explained to the seamstress what had happened while I was wearing it and without a pause she took a measurement for the new elastic and handed me a ticket after she placed my name(male) on her customer list with the measurement for future reference. I was in male mode(clothes and mind) needless to say I now have a seamstress for future alterations. Although I own up anyway some expressions are priceless.

BLUE ORCHID
12-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Hi Becky:hugs:, A couple weeks ago I was buying some tops and the SA asked if I wanted a gift receipt
and I said no I don't need one because they were for me, She just laughed,
Then I showed her some pictures on my cell phone, She said ," That's not you" "I said take a closer look"
She said Oh my lord you look lovely.
You would have need a crowbar to remove that smile off my face a I walked out of the store...:daydreaming:...

Steph54
12-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Hello. I go to "Ross Dress for less" pick out dresses, skirts, tops and after the changing room attendant counts the number of items I take them to the men's changing room. Sometimes dressed drab but most times wearing a bra and top.

njcddresser
12-10-2016, 10:54 AM
I find myself purposefully outing myself in more subtle ways. Nail polish on my toes when I change at the gym. Likewise, as I change into my gym shorts, I don't flaunt it that I have panties on but if your looking closely, you'll catch a glimpse of lace.

I often workout in a sports bra and I'm sure the silhouette shows through my t-shirt.

I find it all a bit exhilirating but no one has vet said anything to me about it.

Morgan Matthews
12-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Great thread. I love doing this. I always go shopping for dresses in guy mode w/ panties, pantyhose, some shapewear, and toenails painted underneath. Bring along a DSW bag w/ my favorite high heels. Then I look around and pick out 3 or 4 dresses. It's always a rush asking the SA that I want to try on the dresses. 95% of my experiences have been positive. Then I'll usually leave on the dress I like the best and ask the SA for a dress in another size. So fun getting complements on my dress or heels! They know what they are doing. I usually buy the dress :)

BrendaPDX
01-09-2017, 03:25 PM
This was a long time ago but, I brought in a pair of 3 1/2 inch red pumps that the heals were wearing out. The shoe guy looked am me and gave a smirk but the shoes were ready in a couple of days. Does this count. Brenda

Sharon B.
01-09-2017, 03:46 PM
The first time I went shopping locally for a blouse and skirt. I was looking at the skirts and the SA asked if I needed help told her what I was looking for and she asked if I knew her sizes. Told her they were for myself and what size I was looking for. The SA said no problem men came in all of the time either shopping for themselves or their wife/daughter. I found a skirt then went over to where the blouses were and found a blouse. The SA asked if I wanted to try them on which I did. got a changing booth strip down to my under-garments and the SA snickered when she walked by as I had nail polish on my toenails and nylons on. I decided that blouse need to go up a size brought the skirt and blouse and open a charge card for that store. I did go back one other time to shop but after that the SA either quit or got fired. Now I do my shopping off of the internet but hope to start shopping locally again.

pantyhoselvr kendra
01-09-2017, 10:55 PM
I will only go shopping when my wife is in the mood. Go in drab with pantyhose underneath, wife carries a pair of my pumps in a bag. We will pick out a couple of dresses, i will try them on and come out of the dressing room to model for my wife. When i hear her talking to another woman i get really nervous but still come out and model. I was called a faggott by one woman, she told my wife that she was sick for letting me do this. Most of the time they say I have nicer legs than they do or just get smiles

AllieSF
01-09-2017, 11:28 PM
I don't purposely out myself for a lite thrill. I get nothing out of their surprise. I get more out of them when en femme and talking with them. I shop a lot for female clothes in drab mode. Sometimes if asked I may say it is for someone else (wife, girl friend, daughter) or just keep quiet. I have never been afraid to try on shoes in the shoe area in male mode. I have not yet been obviously caught, but I do not doubt that someone who knows me has seen me doing that. I really enjoy shopping when dressed completely en femme because you see immediately what fits and looks good and what does not. However, that is unfortunately not that often.

Stacey-J
01-11-2017, 05:03 AM
I used to be terrified of outing myself to SA's and alike, but now I love it. Have had some funny conversations and positive experiences with it

Krisi
01-11-2017, 09:40 AM
"Do others ever make a point of 'outing yourself' unnecessarily just for fun?"

Nope, not on purpose. I may have done some of the things others have mentioned like returning female clothes to the store, but there was no "outing" intended.

MissTee
01-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Not me. I usually go shopping with my wife and everyone thinks it for her.

Rachaelb64
01-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Does buying clothes fully en femme count as outing yourself?

Judith96a
01-11-2017, 12:50 PM
A couple of years ago, whilst on a business trip, I went shoe shopping in 'boy mode'. I was looking for some high heeled pumps and, as per usual when away from home, my toenails were painted - cerise! Trying on pumps, I had to replace my boy socks with the store provided sheer bootees. You should have seen the smile on the SA's face when I peeled off my socks and took my time about donning the bootees. She wanted to know if I'd had a pedicure or painted them myself and admired my handiwork! I lost count of how many pairs I tried on!