PDA

View Full Version : Walking & running

pinkcapri
12-10-2016, 02:36 PM
How do you walk and run when you are dressed out in public?
My dressing outside is only when I go for my morning run in girls active wear in bright colors, leggings / capris & racer back tops / sports bra. I tried to record in camera at home running like a girl and then try to make changes to make it look more feminine, but not sure how it actually looks when I am running outside in completely femme dress, cap to shoes.
Anyone to share how you do?

Lorileah
12-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Mo Farah Molly Huddle Jenny Simpson Allyson Felix all "run like girls" I don't really see what you mean. If you mean "Dressed like a woman" I get it although I see men and women jogging who dress very similar to each other.

Micki_Finn
12-10-2016, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't recommend trying to force yourself to adopt a different stride while you run.

Jenniferathome
12-10-2016, 03:15 PM
If you are serious about running, you have only one stride. Changing it would be a huge mistake. Running is running

kayegirl
12-11-2016, 04:36 AM
I went to support my daughter at a charity run in aid of breast cancer research, females only, and there were so many different styles of running I don't think that you need change anything. Except perhaps stop running and ride a bicicle, much more fun.....

Lori Kurtz
12-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Running is different for a buxom girl, as I learned the hard way. The floppiness was too much for my bra--one of the straps broke. Oops!

SHINY-J
12-11-2016, 02:28 PM
I do run and walk quite differently when I'm dressed as a gurl... it just happens... my walk and gait just become more femme... actually, all of my movements become femme. I honestly never really had to practice at it and I can't ever really remember a specific moment in time when I "decided" to "act femme" when I dressed... it really just happened the first time I dressed.

I would agree with everyone else though... if you're truly "running"... don't change up your style.... in all honestly, I'm not a big fan of running at all... after you turn 30, it's really just causes serious deterioration of your knees... I restrict myself to walking or stairs to reduce the impact... I prefer swimming over anything else TBH

Alice_2014_B
12-11-2016, 03:35 PM
I attempt to walk as femme as possible, which generally goes well with walking gracefully in 4.5+ inch heels.

I maintain a good arm swing with my non-purse arm.

And being that I never go out en femme in less than 4.5 inch heels makes it fairly easy to have a passable walk.

:)

Beverley Sims
12-12-2016, 04:58 AM
I have been running around too long to know whether it is a masculine or feminine run.

Lorna
12-12-2016, 05:11 AM
When I was quite young - probably under ten - I noticed the rather strange way my mother ran. This was not sport running but, for example, running for a bus or to cross the road quickly between traffic. I wondered why but didn't ask. Some years later, having seen my girlfriend run in similar circumstances, I mentioned it to her. Her straightforward answer was that it was because of her clothing. As she was not wearing a tight skirt or particularly high heels, I queried this and she explained that her shoes (with small heels) did affect it but so did her "underwear". I didn't pursue that any further. In fact, the girl concerned was quite athletic and I saw that when she was on the hockey field she ran quite differently so it appears that the clothing was indeed the cause.

Stephanie Julianna
12-12-2016, 08:47 AM
I have created a short stride over the years so that I don't have a long male stride. However, it works both in girl and guy mode. Most of my girl shoes have some form of a heel. Being 5'5" I truly enjoy being able to look people in the eye when dressed. When I take me heels off at the end of the day out I feel like I stepped in a hole. When I was youmger and more limber I had more of a hip sway when dressed but like gg's that has become more limited with age. Being older I have noticed that the line between the way men and women move becomes less defined. Howver, I would say that the body movements stay different with arm and hand movements. That's fine with me and my lower back. When I run in heels I always take small steps for effect and safety. Don't want to break a hip at my age. (sic).