PDA

View Full Version : A little crazy

Annaliese
03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
This may sound like I am crazy.
I have pluck my Facial hair for 12 years now the first few time it hirt like crazy and took a long time, like five hours. Now it only take a half hour to do my face. My facicl hair are a lot finer now and my face is a lot softer, I also use moisturizer every day.
I can go two days with out any sign of a beard.

Has any done this.

Anna

bobbi(CO)
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
ouch:eek:

Sharon
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Gads, I think I'd rather shave for five minutes per day! :eek:

GypsyKaren
03-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Yep, I'm gonna go for the razor everytime!

Karen

Kimberley
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Owwwwww!

Can we say masochism?

And I thought waxing was bad.... Gimme a good razor and five minutes or give me laser.

Kimberley.

Tamara Croft
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, this doesn't sound quite right to me since hair growth rate is a lot longer than 2 days. After 12 years of plucking, you wouldn't be doing it every 2 days, sorry, but I think you are just winding us up.

Annaliese
03-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Well, this doesn't sound quite right to me since hair growth rate is a lot longer than 2 days. After 12 years of plucking, you wouldn't be doing it every 2 days, sorry, but I think you are just winding us up.
I can see I was not to clear here.

I do not pluck every day or every two day. I pluck about every three week and save the rest of the time. That was the resalt of 12 years of plucking.

Shelly Preston
03-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok

How many girls have a Plucking problem ?

Sharon
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok

How many girls have a Plucking problem ?

Be careful how you say that! :p

Tamara Croft
03-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I can go two days with out any sign of a beard.That is not what you said.... and even so, plucking over that many years would have done a lot of root damage by now, there would be hardly any growth at all.

JoAnnDallas
03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
This was not uncommon among American Indians. American Indians for some reason do not care or like beards.

suzy
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Thank God I have an extremely light beard....in fact not even a beard,...but a light goatee...lolol;)

DonnaT
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes, I've plucked my beard. Tried doing the mustache but too painfull. Plucking my beard is not painfull at all.

The only problem I had was every once in a while a part of the hair, possible a small part of the root, gets left behind sometimes, and as the new hair grows that particle is pushed up and sometimes clogs the skin.

I use Neoteric Diabetic Advance healling skin care moisturizure to help with the healing.
http://www.neotericdiabetic.com

Note that there are some places that have achieved perminant hair loss, but not many, so going without a shave after a couple of days will look patchy.

And yes, there is constant hair growth because of the various cycles of hair growth for each individual hair. They don't all grow at the same rte and they aren't all on the same cycle. So shaving is still needed.

Sonia_cd
03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Yikes!!!! Sounds reaaaalllyy painful!!!! Wouldn't it be simpler to shave and maybe less painful to get laser treatment????

Sounds really painful! was it?

Sonia

DonnaT
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Like I said, not painfull to me at all.

CharleneCD
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I am not sure if I could do that with my face. I do pluck my nose hairs though. I agree the first time or two hurt like hell but now I can hardly feel it at all. Maybe I need to get brave and try it.

ReginaK
03-03-2006, 07:42 AM
I've always plucked stray hairs, but I could never do the whole beard. Not only is that way too tedious for me, but some parts of my face are super sensitive. I've plucked a hair right along my cheek line and almost broke down into tears.

renee k
03-03-2006, 08:48 AM
My two cents on this thread. I plucked my beard and even tried waxing, before I started electrolysis.The results were good after spending six to eight hours with tweezers.Not to mention spending two to three days growing the beard out.Much of the regrowth came back as ingrown hairs. When I did start electrolysis, the electrolgist made a remark that my hair roots were very deep and required more current to remove, resulting in more pain.Which was caused by plucking. My mistake was plucking and not starting electrolysis sooner. The bottom line is, if your really serious about removing your beard have it done by a professional, either electrolysis or laser. You'll be pleased with the results, and more hair can be cleared by either method than you can by plucking. And it's permanent.

Huggs, Renee