PDA

View Full Version : Back home

TracyUK
12-12-2016, 08:07 AM
Got back from Italy on Friday, three days turned into five due to a few issues with the equipment
I was there to calibrate. I had a good time there but I was not brave enough to go out dressed,
although I did travel and spend most of the time underdressed. I could not whilst at work as the
job is in a sterile environment you have to get changed twice both on the way in and out of the
cleanroom and the changing room is communal.
Back at Manchester airport on Friday evening disaster struck, one of my bags was lost not a huge
problem normally but this bag contained the clothing stash I had taken including my wig. As a
closeted married guy I did not notify the airline and I am now worried that the bag turns up and
they let me know by post. Other than my dressing, my wife and I have no secrets we both open
all the mail if she was to find I had lost a bag and told her she would be wanting to know why.
If this situation should arise I plan to tell her that it was test equipment from work and hope I
get away with it.

Helen_Highwater
12-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Tracy,

Let the airline know as a matter of urgency. Once you've spoken to them it puts you in control of the situation as you can dictate how they then communicate with you; text, mobile or email, no calls to the home number. It may be further possible for you to ask that once the bag is located, if it's better for your situation, to have it delivered to your work address. That would tie in with your idea of the contents being work related.

I've friends who've had lost luggage and the airlines usually return it via a taxi if you live/work reasonably close to the airport or they will send it by courier. They've lost your things, what they don't want to do is further exacerbate the situation and potentially loose your business in the future.

Judith96a
12-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Tracy,
I had exactly the same thing happen on the last but one time that I flew. Helen is absolutely correct, contact the airline and take control. Make sure that they know to contact you by email only (or whatever you feel most comfortable with) and that they deliver the bag according to your instructions. In my case, I didn't want the bag going anywhere near either home or work so I instructed them (SleazyJet) to hold it at the airport. To be fair to them, they did exactly as I instructed.

TracyUK
12-13-2016, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the advice ladies but I think it may be too late now.
I need to get a new wig now but as my circumstances have changed I could not spend as much
as I did on the last one which I bought in London. Does anyone know of an inexpensive place in
Manchester for wigs?.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hugs,
Tracy

DIANEF
12-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi Tracy, a Manc here! regarding wigs. There is a place just off Oldham St in the city center for cheap-ish ones, there is Deeselecta (found that by googling it) on the outskirts of Bolton for mid price, and if you want to pay top dollar there is Transformation on Bury Old Road , Prestwich.

Majella St Gerard
12-13-2016, 12:56 PM
oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

TracyUK
12-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Many thanks Diane,
I will look into these shops.

Hugs,

Tracy xx

Exris
12-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Which Airline?

If it's Flybe I can do amazing things... and would for a member.