PDA

View Full Version : CD on First Date tv show.

Panties4me
12-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Ok, so last night we were watching a show on the tele called First Date. When I say we, it was my wife, my Son,s girlfriend and myself. Normally I would not be watching such a show but because they were I tuned in too. Well, as it turns out one of the first daters was a cd, guy about 35 who half way through the date anounced to his date, whom he had only just met, that he likes to dress in women's clothing. Then producer's his phone on which he has a number of photos wearing lingerie and makeup. The date started to laugh and my Son's gf said, "I would so be out of there so fast". My wife who is in DADT category and knows of my liking for women's clothing, especially lingerie, only offered up a stifled giggle. I just sat there admiring thr guys guts to out himself to the world on a TV show he must have known goes world wide. I did really have to bite my tongue though when he produced a photo of himself wearing a bra and exposing his hairy chest. Not a good look!! I nearly said that he should shave if he is wearing a bra, but then because I do, didn't want to draw any attention to myself.
This is the second tv show in less than a week where cds have been featured that I have watched with my wife. The first one didn't us any favours as it was about a cding murderer.

Krisi
12-14-2016, 09:22 AM
Keep in mind, these people are actors playing a part. He's not embarrassing himself to the world, he is acting a part.

Many actors have played crossdressers on TV. If I remember correctly, Tom Hanks played one on a series.

Tracy Irving
12-14-2016, 09:47 AM
I think they are on YouTube if anyone wants to search through the episodes available to find the salient point of the thread.

Beverley Sims
12-14-2016, 02:30 PM
I can see humour in it but the girl might think she drew the short straw getting a CD'er for a date. :-)

I wonder did she get a bonus prize. :-0

Sarah Louise
12-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Keep in mind, these people are actors playing a part. He's not embarrassing himself to the world, he is acting a part.

Many actors have played crossdressers on TV. If I remember correctly, Tom Hanks played one on a series.

The First Dates show referred to doesn't have parts played by actors. This is a reality show created in the UK and now has Canadian, Australian and Irish versions. The people taking part are very much real people, but occasionally they have celebrities on the dates.

In the UK, we also had a guy admit to be a crossdresser. He too got a second date when his date decided it wasn't such a big deal. There's a link to the story here (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/first-dates-shock-man-confesses-6714619)

Judith96a
12-14-2016, 05:59 PM
It's probably worth remembering that the production staff do interview potential participants for these shows and that they are not broadcast live! So a participant revealing that they crossdressing is not a surprise to the producers and it doesn't get on air without the producers making a conscious decision that it should. They're obviously chasing ratings and decided that some titillating publicly was in order.

Rhonda Jean
12-14-2016, 07:34 PM
I haven't seen that one but there's a show called Baggage that I saw a couple of times. One of those times the girl (who was choosing from 3 or 4 guys) revealed that her baggage was that she required her dates to crossdress in the bedroom! They guy she chose turned her down because of that!

Samantha Sometimes
12-14-2016, 07:56 PM
I wish I could have seen that! It would be hard for me not to giggle as well!

- - - Updated - - -

I would have married her because of that!

Acastina
12-14-2016, 08:33 PM

That was Bosom Buddies, in which Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari played two NYC guys who landed out of necessity in an all-female apartment building and crossdressed to get and keep an apartment. That's a lot more like Some Like It Hot than what bring all of us here.

Krisi
12-15-2016, 09:05 AM
The First Dates show referred to doesn't have parts played by actors. This is a reality show created in the UK and now has Canadian, Australian and Irish versions. The people taking part are very much real people, but occasionally they have celebrities on the dates.

In the UK, we also had a guy admit to be a crossdresser. He too got a second date when his date decided it wasn't such a big deal. There's a link to the story here (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/first-dates-shock-man-confesses-6714619)

"Reality shows" are anything but reality. And if you are on a TV show and know you are on a TV show, you are an "actor". Perhaps not a professional or trained actor, but an actor none the less. You really can't help acting when you see cameras pointed at you and do different scenes.

So is the guy really a crossdresser? Only he knows the truth.

MissJoanne
12-15-2016, 10:57 AM
UK members may recall an ITV documentary about 20 years ago about men who were full time CDs with wifes, families etc. The following day, I overheard two 50-ish women who worked for me at the time talking about it, so I wandered over to the large desk they shared, and enquired as to whether they would mind if I asked them something to get a womens' perspective on it. They had no objections, so I asked: "If someone stood the first couple in front of you, never having seen them before, and told you that one of them was actually a man, which one would you have picked?". Almost as one, they replied "Oh, the woman!". My response was "So, it wasn't just me, then.....". The CD was actually a more convincing woman than his wife. We, either by design or by accident, put more effort into being a woman than many women nowadays do.

Lorileah
12-15-2016, 01:48 PM
old media adage "it it bleeds it leads". I am sure the whole idea of allowing this person to do that was ratings. OTOH you know now that your son's GF is closed minded.

Hazel King
12-15-2016, 02:31 PM
I can assure you that this was very much a reality TV show, and no they were not chasing ratings, I know the people involved very well, I cannot say more as I will give too much away, you might start checking the credits,

Hazel xx

Lorileah
12-15-2016, 02:51 PM
not chasing ratings? How do they get advertisers then?

DIANEF
12-15-2016, 06:55 PM
UK members may recall an ITV documentary about 20 years ago about men who were full time CDs with wifes, families etc. The CD was actually a more convincing woman than his wife. We, either by design or by accident, put more effort into being a woman than many women nowadays do.

It wasn't called 'Three hours In High Heels' was it? I still have that on an old VHS video, with nothing to play it on unfortunately. If I remember rightly some of the CDs were very convincing. Gave me a lot to think about as I recall.