PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just gotta push yourself a little

ellbee
12-14-2016, 05:06 PM
As some of you may be aware, confidence can be a bit tricky sometimes when venturing out in public. It's not always easy. But it is an important factor.

Recently I received in the mail a pair of women's full-length running tights that, while gender-neutral in color, is pretty darn femmy in its pattern. To wear them out in public in guy-mode, or not to wear out in public in guy-mode? That is the question!

Had to go to the post office today, so might as well give them a whirl & "break 'em in." Of course, nice long line I had to wait in, but I hit a time where there were a ton of GG's there, whom I much prefer to be around like this.

After I dropped off the package, I felt a bit proud of myself. I mean, they're probably one of, if not *the* most feminine leggings I've worn in public, to date. And I'm like, you know what? Let's keep it going, to boost that confidence level. :thumbsup:

Quickly figured out that I needed to run some other errands in the coming days, so why not do 'em now! :D

Hit a few more places, such as Walgreen's & the bank. And yeah, there were a lot of people out & about. But it really was no big deal. They're an awesome pair of running tights, and my overall 100%-fem outfit looked great, regardless how I was presenting (could easily wear the same thing in chick-mode & look fantastic :battingeyelashes: ). Not to mention that they feel amazing. And I think all that, in itself, was a confidence booster, as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I pushed myself a bit. Not only in deciding to wear them to the post office, in the 1st place... But also to continue to be out there today, which only reinforced that confidence. And because of that, now I have no problem wearing this particular pair out again in the future, thanks to today's experience. :)

MissEllie
12-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Good for you!

Im still in the early stages, but I know ill get there in the end and when I do, I know ill feel as proud of myself as you did. Keep moving forward with it and most importantly, good luck!

sara.rafaela
12-14-2016, 06:02 PM
For the most part I do not think people pay attention to others or care. I go out often, but 99.99% of the time it is full makeup and outfit. The one time I went out less than a full outfit: rust colored skinny jeans, ladies dark blue pullover sweater, Mary-Jane shoes with a very low heel. I wore it to check out of my hotel and get on the road to my next city. The look actually looked more metro than feminine. No one paid any attention.

Rachael Leigh
12-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Yes I do think clothes today are becoming more gender neutral at least some of the styles so it is hard to tell or even really notice, I've worn my girls skinny jeans in guy mode now a couple of times and just went about my business.
There are things I would not wear however unless I was in girl mode, like my jeggings or skirts of course.
Glad you had a good day Laura

Rachelakld
12-14-2016, 11:15 PM
I also like to wear my tights while out doing chores, normally plain black while in guy mode but once in my floral jeggings.
Funny how in the old days we had to make up the excuse "it's for a dare"

ellbee
12-15-2016, 12:38 PM
For the most part I do not think people pay attention to others or care.

I beg to differ.

Even when I'm wearing a simple plain pair of leggings in a "masculine" color when in guy-mode, I still usually catch a few glances. Heck, sometimes even some stares. (And yes, my front & rear are sufficiently covered!)

Obviously not everybody, but at least a few notice -- and those are only the ones that *I* notice! I don't have eyes in the back of my head, and I'm sure there's a few more.

It is still a bit "odd" to some people. You really don't see a lot of guys wearing leggings, at least in my neck of the woods. So when someone is wearing them, it will catch their eye sometimes.

Do they care? Who knows, who cares. I don't think so, as long as there's some modesty involved. And from my various forms of research, I believe there are more than a few GG's out there who kind of like it (as long as the guy is at least decent-looking & fairly in-shape, and is wearing them as a part of an overall eye-pleasing outfit).

Anyway, obviously the confidence thing & pushing one's self a little plays a role no matter how you're presenting, where you're going & what you're doing when out in public. Everything from femmy leggings in guy-mode, to full-on 100% en femme.

And you do have to practice it at least fairly regularly, otherwise you can start to lose some of that confidence. Years ago I used to go out all dolled-up quite often. And although I no longer do the 100% fem thing these days, I'm not sure if I'd immediately have all the confidence like I used to. It's definitely something that you have to build up & maintain.

But once you have it, it is pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

Julie MA
12-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Laura, would you post a pic of you wearing them? Or any of you ladies... Julie

Tracii G
12-15-2016, 09:40 PM
With all the experience you have over the years CDing Laura I'm surprised you find wearing leggings in guy mode as something difficult.

Jenny123
12-15-2016, 09:47 PM
I also am a runner and have male running tights. What is the difference between male and female ones?

ellbee
12-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Jenny,

Admittedly, I'm wasn't extremely well-versed in men's running tights. So, I just got finished scanning literally hundreds & hundreds of men's styles to sate my own curiosity. (I'm already very well-versed in the women's. :D )

To my surprise, when putting aside the crotch area, there are a few out there that do look fairly femmy in terms of colors and/or graphics, or whatever. However, most do fall more in line with the masculine side of things, especially so when comparing to many women's styles which can cluster on their own end of spectrum.

But there is at least *some* overlap, and will give you that. ;)

Tracii,

We've been over this before. In my eyes, presenting in guy-mode is quite a bit different when compared to totally en femme. It's like apples & oranges, IMO. It's like this weird psychological thing between the two. And I do have more experience with the 100% dolled-up thing than with the guy-mode thing (but quickly catching up :laughing: ). I'm not saying one is overall more "difficult" than the other, but from how I've been experiencing it, it does take a somewhat different mindset.

Part of it, too, is that back then I tended to be with friends when totally en femme, which made things easier, as part of a social gathering of all types. These days, dressing in guy-mode is just doing anything & almost everything in day-to-day life -- and that includes oftentimes just by myself, with no one to lean on.

Finally, I lost a *lot* of confidence over the few years that I stopped dressing. I've been finding out the hard way that it's a use-it or lose-it kind of thing. It does take time to build that back up again. From what I recall, others returning after a big lull in dressing have experienced something similar.

Hope that helps! :)