PDA

View Full Version : Sore feet

Samantha Sometimes
12-15-2016, 10:14 AM
So I bought some wonderful heels yesterday and after dark I put on a dress my tights (it was cold!) and walked around town for a few hours. This morning my feet hurt and my calves are a little sore but it was so so worth it! The cold air around my tights felt like nothing I've ever experienced before. Will definitely be doing that again!

sara66
12-15-2016, 11:57 AM
It is the little things on life. :heehee:
Sara

NancySue
12-15-2016, 01:55 PM
I totally understand. Last week, While out, I stopped at Payless and bought a beautiful pair of black 3 1/2 inch high heels. I couldn't wait and put them on in the car. Then decided to head to a mall to walk around. You don't see many high heels and hose around here. That didn't matter. Yes, I got a couple glances, but didn't care. (Strong fog). I got to practice walking in heels more. The next a.m., my feet and calves were sore and tight, but with some stretching they got better. Ah, the enjoyable "sacrifices" make. 👠👠

Teresa
12-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Samantha,
After dancing all night in 4" heels i know the feeling !

It made me smile because I had similar feelings when I over did skiing, my calves ached for weeks and my toes were sore , I didn't regret that either !!

Steph54
12-15-2016, 05:11 PM
My wife went away for a couple of weeks. I spent the time dressed. Slacks, blouse, fem sweater. I work as an Uber driver so no wig or make up. I normally wear female tennis shoes but spotted some short boots with a 2" heel at target. Wore them the whole time. Very comfortable but they made my feet swell. My wife is home now and the boots are under the bed.

BLUE ORCHID
12-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Hi Samantha:hugs:, No Pain Mo Gain, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy, Just fun...:daydreaming:...

DIANEF
12-15-2016, 06:40 PM
A newbie to going out but few things better than getting dressed in skirt, top, tights and heels, and stepping out on a crisp Autumn day snugly wrapped in coat, gloves and scarf. I max it to an hour or so and suffer no foot problems.

Samantha Sometimes
12-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Haha! I wish i could have limited myself but it was just so fun!

MissEllie
12-15-2016, 07:19 PM
I know exactly what you all mean about your calves hurting as my 5" heels do that after a while, but its so worth going through it!

I don't really get sore feel or anything like that but Ive not been in them for long periods yet, so maybe I will have problems if I did wear them for say 2 hours nonstop

IamWren
12-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Because it gets dark so early I stopped by a concrete walking trail that goes through my neighborhood. I put on a pair of heels that are about three and a half inches or so and started walking. I lasted about a tenth of a mile (what is that about 500 feet or so) before I had to stop. I wonder if part of it is that they are just a touch too big. The left one feels like it wants to slip off a little while I walk.

Anyway, for me it was my hips, kind of in front below my obliques that began hurting and feeling like they were on fire. I think I'm going to start doing that more often so i can get more practice in.

Becky Blue
12-15-2016, 09:26 PM
But what a lovely pain it is :) :)... I love that sore calves and ball of my feet pain the next day to remind me of a night of dancing and walking around for 8 hours in heels..

suzanne
12-15-2016, 11:06 PM
I know what y'all mean. A good pair of heels is delicious, even if your feet and legs get sore sometimes. And at 6ft2 in my pantyhose, I certainly don't need an extra 4 inches of height. But holy cats, I so love how they make my feet look (a tiny bit) smaller and my legs look longer, I actually enjoy the soreness next day, since it reminds me of being in my heels.

Lisa85
12-16-2016, 11:56 PM
I understand the joy of heels, but if your feet hurt, that is very very bad. From one with a SO with bad feet, you do NOT want reconstructive foot surgery. Get shoes that have heels and work. Look for comfort shoe type. You can find these in wedges and heels up to 4 inches. None of the pleaser brand work for me, as you say they are very fun and sexy but I can only get 20 to 60 minutes out of them. Their shoes are just too narrow and hard from heel to toe. It's not a size thingy, but a last thing, the part for the pattern. Look for something like cloudwalkers to start and then try similar comfort heels

Krisi
12-19-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm not really into the "heels" thing, my wife never wears (and doesn't own) any and it's pretty rare to see women wearing heels around here unless they have to dress formally for work. Even most of the churches around here are pretty casual.

I do have a couple pairs of moderate heels but at 5' 8", I don't need the extra height so I only wear the at home and not often.

Whatever you do, wearing shoes that don't fit or hurt your feet is not a good idea. Damage to your feet and ankles is not easily corrected. If you head out in heels, I suggest having a pair of flats in reserve so you can change if you need to.

Helen_Highwater
12-19-2016, 07:14 PM
We suffer for our art.

Look lets not forget, wearing any new shoes usually ends with a modicum of aching feet even drab ones. Add to this your legs aren't conditioned to being at a different angle then hey presto fatigue. How often has it been written that we actually experience walking a mile in her shoes.

irene9999
12-19-2016, 10:13 PM
I did notice this the first night I went out and was on heels for hours, my calves and feet were sore the next day. I can now see why women don't wear heels all day ;)

ReallyLauren
12-19-2016, 10:33 PM
When I get to dress.more frequently, I don't feel the effects of heels. When I haven't done it for a while, my calves do get sore. I'm prone to pain in my feet due to some ligament issues but heels tend to help this problem!

In all honesty, my thinking now is toward outfits that I can wear out and for longer periods of time. This is why I'm leaning more toward practical heels(3" or so) rather than fantasy heels.

Lauren

Sallee
12-19-2016, 11:04 PM
love heels but seldom get chances to where them I am sure my calfs would be sore. But it would be totally worth it. One of the joys of being a CD I don't think most ggs would say that about heels.

char GG
12-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Please look up "hammertoes". I know a few women (and some men) who have them. Apparently one of the causes is from ill fitting shoes.

londonman111
12-21-2016, 03:40 AM
I have a selection of shoes and find that ones with more padding on the ball help and especially those with a mini platform seem to be better. The pleaser range are great but do hurt my feet after I have worn for a while.

Always best to have good quality shoes as your feet will appreciate it over time.

nikinylons
12-21-2016, 04:22 AM
It takes practice but once you get used to it they are addictive. My first pair heels were 4" pumps. I loved them and still do. Then I found a mini platform sandal that was more comfortable. A girlfriend of mine turned me on to "pageant shoes" which are now my favorite! Clear bottoms, clear top band across the ball of the foot, no backstrap or ankle strap. OMG these are so comfortable! I wear my 3" everyday and they are the most tolerable and comfortable. Great for sitting at my desk too, doesn't raise my knees too high when I cross my leggs. My 4" when I really get wound up and my 5" on very special occasions. The higher heels are a great leg and butt workout but will make you sore sometimes. I buy them on Amazon for around $40-$50 each. Give them a try.

Tracy Irving
12-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Generally, cheap shoes are cheap for a reason. If a pair of men's shoes hurts my feet I don't buy them. If they are uncomfortable after I break them in, they are gone.
Women's shoes are a different ballgame. While most are just fine, I am willing to put up with a lot more discomfort.

Is there any item with a larger love / hate relationship?