PDA

View Full Version : Beard cover

michelleliz
03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi Ladies

I was wanting to know the best way to totally cover beard shadow. I have been out several times But I still thing I have som shadow that shows. I have been told I realy don't have to worrie about it from some of my GG friends. But I want my face to be as clear and somth as I can get it. What do you that go out a lot use? And where do I find spell check on this.

Michelle elizabeth

bob_bobbi
03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
No idea about beard shadow.

As for spell checkers I personally use a program such as MS Word for longer posts to use the spellchecker and then just copy/paste the text to the reply box.

EDIT: The post before mine was deleted so the "ZING!" was no longer needed.

BrendaB GG
03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Look in the yellow pages for a store that sells theatrical makeup. They sell beard cover there.

As an alternative you could go for laser hair removal. My partner Tori does that and the shadow is all but gone now. Not to mention the smoothness factor too!

Brenda

Penny
03-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi Ladies

I was wanting to know the best way to totally cover beard shadow. I have been out several times But I still thing I have som shadow that shows. I have been told I realy don't have to worrie about it from some of my GG friends. But I want my face to be as clear and somth as I can get it. What do you that go out a lot use? And where do I find spell check on this.

Michelle elizabeth
I have been plucking my face for years ; now that I have done it for so long, the hairs are thin. Also, my beard is mostly gray so when I pluck and shave
it feels as sooth as a womans face. At first it took a lot of time but now I can usually acheive a no beard look in about 15 or 20 minutes. The truth is that in order to cover my beard I aways looked like I had a lot of makeup on
and I wanted a more natural look. But then, I am a perfectionist!

I shave my legs and pluck my face
so who then shall I blame

I guess it makes no matter
It all turns out the same

Jennaie
03-01-2006, 11:08 PM
There is a product called Dermablend cover cream that is very popular with the cd, ts community. It may help you.

http://www.whatshebuys.com/for-her-face-concealer.html

Wenda
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
I... pluck my face
so who then shall I blame
Pluck your face.... yikes! ok, if it works for you. Sounds painful to me.

GypsyKaren
03-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi Michelle

I don't know what to tell you as it's never been a problem for me, I just suggest you join the Beauty Forum, lots of tips and advice there.

Karen

michelleliz
03-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Thanks girls for all your replys I will try some of them. I was told it isn't really a problem for meBut when you look in a merror with glasses on it makes things worse then really are

Michelleliz

Lisa Baby
03-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Bob Bobbie gas a good idea for writing longer posts.

For a quick check of spelling I do the following.

:) I always open my word processer, to a blank page, before I go on line. If I think that I need to check a word spelling, I just click on its task bar link, and poof! it is there waiting for me.

:rolleyes: This does bot meen I never mispell a word though. My fingers work faster than my brain at times and never catches up!

I'm sorry that I have no advice about the beard cream. It seems that the other ladys have given some great ides though.

+? Does it HURT to pluck your beard? And how often do you do this?

Lisa

_Janelle_
03-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I use dermablend after a close shave - it works very well. There is a setting powder you use after applying it. It is a little hard to get off - I didn't want to pay for their custom remover, but one of the sales assistants told be I could use olive oil to remove - that worked fine - a bit odd, but it worked well.

DanaJ
03-05-2006, 03:40 PM
With apologies to The Graduate.....

DanaJ: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Michelleliz: Yes, ma'am.
DanaJ: Are you listening?
Michelleliz: Yes, I am.
DanaJ: Colortration. (http://www.colortration.com)

Fallen Angel
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
lazor is the way to go !!! they have salon ones on there for about 400.00 and within ten weeks no beard shadows now i know this sounds a bit pricey but figure the cost of conceilers and do the math

AprilCD
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I have been successful with this little trick I learned from my tri-ess meeting. Use a little bit of orange lip stick in the beard area of the face before applying your foundaton. Then add a little bit of concealer to trouble areas before applying any blushes or bronzers to your face.

Julie Avery
03-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I use dermablend after a close shave - it works very well. There is a setting powder you use after applying it. It is a little hard to get off - I didn't want to pay for their custom remover, but one of the sales assistants told be I could use olive oil to remove - that worked fine - a bit odd, but it worked well.

I'm in danger of venturing off-topic here, just speaking to makeup removal, and with no expertise but a tad of experience, I'd think that if olive oil works, baby oil (scented mineral oil) would also work for removal. Depending on your situation, you may or may not enjoy the vaguely femmy scent imparted by the baby oil ;)

ChristineRenee
03-05-2006, 04:22 PM
lazor is the way to go !!! they have salon ones on there for about 400.00 and within ten weeks no beard shadows now i know this sounds a bit pricey but figure the cost of conceilers and do the mathI was kind of wondering about the cost factor of doing that. My wife said she had no problem with me doing it as long as it was paid for totally by me. Appreciate the info Angel...thanks!;)

DanaJ
03-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but you will not be getting any laser for $400 - at least none worth having at that amount...... I can look up the exact costs if need be, but since this thread is not about laser, I will leave for another time :)

michelleliz
03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks again for the help. I tried the orange lip stick, But I put it on after the foundation Maybe that is whay I wasn't sure it was Working Thanks again.

Michelle Elizabeth

Ashley in Virginia
03-05-2006, 09:30 PM
How heavy does it look on your skin? Does it make you look like you have spackle on? or does it cover fairly lightly?

MarieTS
03-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Michelle: Experience tellls me Dermablend cover creme is the way to go. Don't forget to purchase the setting powder and the appropriate dermablend foundation as well. I suggest you go to the Dermablend web site for color matching. If you don't want to purchase it on-line try Macy's. It's a behind the counter item, but Penny's displays and sells it off the shelf. So, you won't need to consult with a clerk unless you want to.

Paige
03-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Michelle,

The very beautiful Dana has made a very good recommendation with the product she uses, Colortration. They have a sample set you can order so you can get the correct shade.

As for a spelling checker, you might consider the Google Toolbar. It has a spell check button made for online entries and it works very well. I have used it since it was first available.

Hugs, Paige

Just my 0.02

TxKimberly
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Couldn't let this one slide without saying something. If you spend your money on this (and it's a LOT of money) you may as well flush it down the toilet!
I used Lasique (spelling?) in the Austin, Texas area for over a year. They burned my face once a month for 14 months and it did NOTHING - pretty funny when it was supposed to take two or three treatments. I was a guinea pig for multiple types of systems all advertised to better than the last. At last I grew fed up and called them on their money back guarantee. They begged me to try two or three more treatments with the "new" new system and I did so. At the end of the last treatment I asked to speak to a manager. I sat there in front of her and another lady, and I had a full blown five O’clock shadow, and explained that it clearly wasn't working. She asked when I had last shaved and I told that morning, and every morning before it. She promptly agreed and arranged for my refund. So, the only good thing to come from 14 months of getting burned, was that they DID give me a refund with out much hassle.
So my advice - don't waste your money on it. If you can't trust my advice, then make DARN sure you get the refund policy agreed to in WRITING and keep a hold of it - you WILL need it.

Kim

Look in the yellow pages for a store that sells theatrical makeup. They sell beard cover there.

As an alternative you could go for laser hair removal. My partner Tori does that and the shadow is all but gone now. Not to mention the smoothness factor too!

Brenda

tori-e
03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi Michelle Elizabeth,

That blue shadow makes me crazy!

In the past I have used Ben Nye beard cover. It is available at theatrical supply stores. I don't get fantastic results, but that might be my fault.

For about the past year I've gone for laser hair removal. I have fair skin, which is good. Apparently, it is quite painful for those with dark skin. For me, there is a quick sting for each zap. I have a salt and pepper beard which means only the dark hair is affected. (Light is not absorbed by light colours so the laser does nothing for white hair). After each session I ice for a half an hour and the next day, I am slightly pink. I takes a week or two for the dead hair to work its way out, so the shadow is still there. In fact, I think the fresh burnt hair is darker than before the session. After that there is several weeks of no shadow (YAY!!!) But in 6-10 weeks a new crop starts to come back in and the process is repeated. Each new crop is thinner than the previous. After about eight sessions now, I think I am done. Each session is about $100 to $150 (CDN) so I've spent maybe $1000.

This week I am starting electrolysis for the white hair.

Tori

VixenJolie
03-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Plucking is painful, I got a product called Touch me, on my last visit to Mexico City, works like a charm, even on thick beards, just apply it on and wipe it off.
Google it

VixenJolie

Trinity_cat
03-27-2006, 04:25 PM
...YASHMAC...:eek:

Paula Jaye
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Dermablend works well but is a bit thick and oily. An alternative is MAC Full Coverage available from MAC shops.

I have used the orange lipstick trick in the past and it works fine. At present I use a concealer (Christian Dior) around the eyes, upper lip and chin with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation on top. Double Wear is very popular with makeup counter staff as it requires very little to achieve good coverage and it lasts well. The name is not too femme sounds one step removed from Industrial Strength!!

Christina Nicole
03-27-2006, 08:35 PM
It depends on your goal. If you want to do your makeup and look wonderful for photographs, a heavy, highly pigmented makeup like dermablend, colortration, illuminare, and the like. However, if you are doing your makeup to go out, look at other women. Most wear light makeup or no makeup. If you go out with heavy makeup, you'll look out of place. So, you need to learn how to conceal the blue without a heavy look. It helps to understand subtractive colors, like a printer, or painter. Red opposes blue, so if you use some pink to red color, you can blend the blue more towards brown. A very light colored concealer will then brighten up the brown to tan. You need to adjust the colors and proportions to match your skin tones. I have a lot of red in my skin colors, so heavy foundations always looked false on me. Even good quality foundtions that were "full coverage" from Lancome, Estee Lauder, Mac, etc looked unnatural. By applying subtractive colors, I can get a good enough look to pass. I prefer also to use mineral powder foundations as they don't look as heavy on me.

If you can get up the nerve, plucking does work. It does take a lot of time, however. I did that for a long time. I'm just not anxious to go back to it.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

BrookeMckayla
03-28-2006, 08:05 AM
I have been successful with this little trick I learned from my tri-ess meeting. Use a little bit of orange lip stick in the beard area of the face before applying your foundaton. Then add a little bit of concealer to trouble areas before applying any blushes or bronzers to your face.

Does orange work better than red?

I have been trying this trick with red lipstick and having moderate success. I can still the shadow a little.

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Brooke

Just to let you know...in the spectrum of colors, orange cancels out blue, and most beard shadow has a bluish tint to it, so there you have it!

Karen

Kaitlyn Michele
05-22-2006, 10:48 PM
i actually was told to go to a pink cover and its amazing how when i apply it the beard color literally disappears... i hear orange can work as well but i use clown pink and then cover that with dermablend to make the face kinda whitish..then whatever color makeup you like over that