PDA

View Full Version : Essentials for Feeling Fem

Christina D
12-18-2016, 10:28 PM
I've been extremely busy the past few days, so I haven't always been able to dress and when I have been, it's been partially. Most days, I was only able to underdress (just panties). I had a bit more time to myself today, so I tried underdressing, loose (i.e. non-gender specific) "lounging around" clothes, and my wig. I thought that my wig would make me feel a bit more feminine, but it didn't. In fact, I felt less feminine...weird even...like I wasn't Christina at all but rather a dude wearing a wig. I kept it on for about an hour, but then left it off the rest of the day.

This experience got me thinking, what are the essential items that make me feel completely feminine? At what point do I feel I'm truly en femme? I haven't tried every combination yet, but I think my makeup is the dividing line. It doesn't need to be a full face of makeup, but at least foundation, concealer, and lipstick. I'm guessing it's because makeup softens my look the most and is the most feminizing part of my dreasing routine. Even if I wear a t-shirt and jeans in makeup, I feel more like Christina than if I'm wearing a dress and no makeup.

What about everyone else? What is/are the most essential items and/or parts of your dressing routine that make you feel truly en femme? Is anything nonessential?

Tracy Irving
12-18-2016, 10:40 PM
For me, makeup is more of a visual trick and not essential. When I slip on a dress I get a tactile response and much stronger feeling. The same can be said for a bra, corset, pantyhose, etc...

Tracii G
12-18-2016, 11:00 PM
I think when I have the whole package together (totally enfemme) I can feel a small difference.
I still feel normal and feminine just like always but maybe looking at the whole package in the mirror is what affirms what I am feeling inside.

Alice_2014_B
12-18-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm not feeling fem until I'm in high heels after getting completely dolled up.

I will admit, however, that there is something about getting my lipstick on after all the makeup and wig and before heels.

:)

Rachael Leigh
12-18-2016, 11:40 PM
No doubt the makeup is what puts me into the full fem mode, but I still do dress without it but not to go out

RaquelAtwell
12-19-2016, 12:01 AM
I feel fem when putting on a skirt.

daphne_L
12-19-2016, 01:25 AM
Mascara. Every time I put it on I think "That almost looks like me in the mirror." Usually when I look in the mirror I feel like I'm looking at someone else. The rest of the stuff, clothes/makeup/wig etc., each help a little bit, but Mascara has the largest effect. Even with everything I still don't really feel completely connected to the person in the mirror.

IleneD
12-19-2016, 02:51 AM
Christina,

You may be onto something here about makeup.
There is so much about each element of my lady ensemble(s) that get me jazzed up. Love the fall, hang and flow of a skirt or dress. The feel of panties. Or the special grace of wearing heels.

But the one thing I've found that lights the afterburners is make up. There is a transformational magic to face paint; almost mystical.

I've started wearing lipstick often in (mostly) guy mode. My normal guy mode [of jeans, shirt, etc.) includes panties and earrings [normally gold hoops] every day. I began a touch of a pink lipstick; nothing bright red or glaring. I absolutely love the way it looks, and dresses up the smile. In the altitude of CO, lip balm of some kind is always required, so why not some color too. BTW, I get a few interesting and noticeable reactions/looks in public; all good. Makes me feel great.

londonman111
12-19-2016, 04:29 AM
For me it is the heels and tights that help, I do like driving in them and each opportunity I go away with work even if it is just for the day I will wear shoes and tights on the drive.

Wish I could do it more, am still looking for a dress up service to see what can be done and how I would look.

Sarah Louise
12-19-2016, 05:24 AM
For me, I have to dress fully with make up and wig. I suppose, I could get away without make-up if I didn't look in a mirror. But I just look like a bloke in a dress if I wear my wig with no make-up. For me dressing is more about how I look rather than how I feel so dressing fully is for me the way to go.

londonman111
12-19-2016, 05:29 AM
Question - do you all shave your legs and if you do how you explain to your SO?

Aunt Kelly
12-19-2016, 06:29 AM

I do, and I use an epilator on my arms and torso. I don't have to explain anything to my SO. She's known all about Kelly for many years.

Nicole Anne
12-19-2016, 06:34 AM
Totally smooth and gf loves it. She is a keeper.

Lana Mae
12-19-2016, 06:45 AM
Getting back to the thread. With me, it varies. I have felt fem with just panties and all male other clothes. I have not felt fem until I put the earrings on. Very variable and unpredictable. Just my $.02. Hugs Lana Mae

GretchenM
12-19-2016, 08:13 AM
For me, it seems to be the other way around. I don't dress to feel fem; I dress because I feel that way. I guess that is one of the variations in this wide spectrum phenomenon. When Gretchen moves to the front she pretty much takes over a lot of things and depending on how much of the total identity she occupies she doesn't like to look in the mirror and see a guy looking back. So, if time is available, it is important to get into the appropriate gender expression for awhile. Sometimes, it is just an inclusion of a little bit of feminine expression; other times it is the whole enchilada. But when the latter, satisfaction doesn't occur until the wig and makeup goes on. Everything else but without wig and makeup is terrifying to her, but wig and makeup even with the rest in drab can be satisfactory. I guess her perception is that no matter what else is draping the body, if the face and hair is not womanly then it is just weird for her. Interesting how much we all differ in our perceptions. I guess that is what makes all of this so fascinating - it is not only a celebration of the feminine but also, in a much larger way, an expression and celebration of diversity and its acceptance.

Gretchen

Stephanie Julianna
12-19-2016, 08:30 AM
I agree with you 100%. I'm not there until I have full makeup. Without it I'm a guy in a wig.

Judith96a
12-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Christina
I've tried exactly the same thing, wig but no makeup, and lasted 5 minutes tops! I looked hideous. I then did an experiment to determine how much makeup I needed to not feel that I looked like a poor excuse for a guy. For me, the critical ingredient is foundation / beard cover. That's what transforms me from looking like a guy wearing makeup and a wig to looking satisfactorily feminine. However, simply achieving a satisfactory look with makeup and wig still doesn't quite cut it! It's only when I get my boobs and hip pads in place that I start to feel properly fem.

P.S. note to anyone who is tempted to chip in with "no man, CD or otherwise can really know what it's like to feel as a woman feels"... Please restrain yourself and allow us CDers to use our imagination.

sabrinaedwards
12-19-2016, 09:10 AM
Hi Christina, I do not cross dress unless I can go all the way. This includes makeup and wig. The one item that really puts me in the feminine mode is doing my nails. Of course my favorite color is pink; my hand gestures are changed after my nails are done. Let's not forget that last splash of perfume to complete the package.
Love, Sabrina

Krisi
12-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Three things: Wig, Boobs and Butt. Well, I need a clean shave and usually just a touch of beard cover above my lip and some powder and lipstick.

JennykBailey
12-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Mascara for me too. The eyes may be the windows to the soul but lovely eyelashes are the chintz curtains 😀

Lily Catherine
12-19-2016, 10:13 AM
For James to look reasonably like Lilian - Wig, breasts, a decent amount of mascara. I increasingly need foundation and a dab of lipstick to obscure my beard shadow.

I don't anticipate a sudden shift in how I feel once I look the part.

IleneD
12-19-2016, 10:34 AM

I do. She noticed but never said anything. I had to tell her.
No big deal. I told her that they are MY legs.
(She knows I'm into my feminine side)

DIANEF
12-19-2016, 01:20 PM
As an all or nothing person I have to have the full works, anything less is incomplete to me. So wig, make up , heels, jewellery, undies, clothes, perfume. They're the essentials.

Dana44
12-19-2016, 01:40 PM
For me when feeling fem, just the clothes make me feel better, however when makeup is on. Yep a woman inside and just feels right. Mascara looks really nice and feminine.

Julie Denier
12-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Add me to the list of all-or-nothing girls. I love the dresses and heels, but I need the makeup and wig to complete the picture ;)

Julie MA
12-19-2016, 02:59 PM
I can start to feel fem with only my shiny black flats on, and only those on. As I put on more I start to feel more like Julie. But to be honest, I have never done full makeup, lipstick only, shaved beyond my face, or done my nails. Maybe I don't know the full feeling yet. I am planning to go to First Event, in Jan, if my wife is ready for that. I just came out to her last Saturday. A night or two away where I can immerse and dress fully for a few days. Can't wait.

Abbey11
12-19-2016, 03:22 PM
For me to feel fem it has to be top to toe made up, quite happy to be at home wearing the clothes and heels but that doesn't make me feel feminine just relaxing

CynthiaD
12-19-2016, 03:43 PM
I feel Fem all the time, if I think about it. Which I don't most of the time, regardless of how I'm dressed. The wig is all I need to see the "woman in the mirror," Although breastforms help. When I go out, the wig by itself gets me "Yes, Ma'am and No Ma'am." The rest doesn't seem to matter.

Kandi Robbins
12-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Not to cop out, but it's everything. Once the makeup is on, the outfit just right, the lipstick perfect, then I slide the wig on and a giant smile forms. Anything less in my mind I am a work-in-process and still a dude. That first smile from someone else or better yet a complement just takes it over the top once I am out.

BLUE ORCHID
12-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Hi Christina:hugs:, Make-up is just the icing on the cake, And my wig is my Crowning Glory...:daydreaming:...

sara66
12-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Count me in for the complete package.
Sara

Marti :)
12-19-2016, 06:47 PM
I obviously like to be 100% but since I dress a few times a week the way I feel fem is when I look down and see my polished toes, and my smooth body. It just saves valuable loafering time :) xoxoxoxo

Diane Smith
12-20-2016, 02:03 AM
At a bare minimum, I need to have heels, nails done, eye and lip makeup and earrings to get into a femme mindset. Putting on my wig is usually the last step before I go out the door, and that's when I often have the "a-ha" moment and start seeing a woman in the mirror.

- Diane

sometimes_miss
12-20-2016, 05:01 AM
I agree with you 100%. I'm not there until I have full makeup. Without it I'm a guy in a wig.

See, for me it's what I see from my eyes. Eliminating mirrors because there's no way that I will ever physically resemble a GG, what I see (wig, clothes, watch/bracelet, polished nails) and feel (also wig, then bra, slip, skirt/dress, stockings) is what sends the feedback which tells me I'm female. Oh yeah, perfume, too.

MissJoanne
12-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Put me in the "All or Nothing" camp. Just how I am.

Maria Blackwood
12-20-2016, 03:52 PM
The dressing is just the trigger or primer. It's the mindset for me. I know I'm there when I'm doing whatever, and suddenly remember I'm actually male. There's definitely a female side to my brain. I really struggle to verbalize what goes on. It sounds stupid when I write it.

valerie anne
12-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Putting on my bra, and scooping my boobs into the cups.

Every morning, I realise that I need one for daily support now!

irene9999
12-20-2016, 09:56 PM
Freshly shaved legs make me feel femme even when not dressed. Aside from that, I find having nice makeup helps me complete my look

IleneD
12-20-2016, 09:58 PM
The dressing is just the trigger or primer. It's the mindset for me. I know I'm there when I'm doing whatever, and suddenly remember I'm actually male. There's definitely a female side to my brain. I really struggle to verbalize what goes on. It sounds stupid when I write it.

Maria, darling.
You are singing a song many of us here know by heart.
You well know the words.

ReallyLauren
12-20-2016, 10:14 PM
For me, I have to do it all....nice outfit, makeup, wig, nails, perfume.....and on and on. I want to present as a woman as best s I can. I'm always trying to add something new....right now I'm working on a smoky eye look. So sexy!

Lauren

Robbin_Sinclair
12-21-2016, 12:19 PM
So many great answers.

For me it is being in a towel covering my breasts. That is the what makes me know I have a woman's body inside me. It sort of confirms my openess to reincarnation. I know that I have worn this womanly garb and body before.

Everything after is just icing on the cake. 👠⛩

Kate Simmons
12-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Not sure about feeling "femme", I now what it feels like to be myself and feel good about it. Even though I consider the CDing an art form, most of the look is just affectation. The person beneath the looks is what makes it work. :)

DarLynn
12-21-2016, 01:03 PM
For me it starts with the panties and my tights then my heels.... that gets my heart racing

Scarlett398
12-22-2016, 01:33 AM
Me too Lauren...I'm all in or all out....I always make an attempt to pass totally as a girl when I dress. Outfit, makeup, nails, perfume and on and on. I always dress when I know my wife will not be coming home from work at all that day. It's usually about a 4 or 5 hour session which includes me photographing myself in about 8 to 10 different combinations of outfits... Different tops with skirts, wide belts, boots, booties, tights (usually Hanes black shear to waist opaque tights) and makeup done tastefully and not overdone. The tip here is to get a really good selection of application brushes. Best tip I could ever give for getting the makeup just right...Anyone else agree with that tip? The perfume, stretch lace panties, bra, wig..everything. It's fun, exciting, challenging, sensual, sexual, and I, like you, am always trying to add something to perfect the look and process!...Thanks for reading my post...Scarlett

Jessicae
01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
For me it can be as easy as panties and a bra and "window shopping" on the internet for dresses and shoes.

Scarlett Viktoria
01-01-2017, 03:41 PM
I've said this before but sometimes just wearing a nice woman's fragrance will do the trick.

Janine cd
01-01-2017, 05:57 PM
I can feel really feminine only after applying makeup and a wig. The makeup can be the barest of essentials ( foundation, blush and lipstick).

StephanieM
01-01-2017, 06:05 PM
It depends for me. Sometimes a sexy chemise is enough to scratch the proverbial itch, other times it has to be bra/camisole, panties, dress, high heels, and a wig.

Becky Blue
01-01-2017, 07:32 PM
I don't need to do or wear anything to feel femm, at times i feel like a woman even though i present as a man.

But when i do dress I feel dissatisfied unless I am smooth all over, have a wig and light makeup. Thats not to say i don't dress partially at times, but unless I have gone the whole way i feel something is missing.

mona lisa
01-02-2017, 05:47 PM
I do, and I use an epilator on my arms and torso. I don't have to explain anything to my SO. She's known all about Kelly for many years.

Yep. I tell my wife I like as little body hair as possible (one excuse is I do not like how it feels, another is I do not want to see any grey or white hairs starting to appear, etc.) and as she likes how smooth my body feels in the shaved areas (I usually keep hair on my forearms and chest to not be too obvious), she does not mind. Heck, I have her helping me shave my back and shoulders...told her when smooth I sweat less :)

Jenny22
01-03-2017, 02:17 PM
My feminine feeling is constant, even in drab, but all I need to do to enhance it is lipstick.

Mickitv
01-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Without being too weird I would say that I am femme always and dressing only makes me look like one more. I feel and think femme all the time now.

melissaC
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Need to be complete, but high heel do top it off.

Exris
01-04-2017, 12:25 AM
It's all essential - every last bit of it.

So far I have not found any aspect of dressing or shopping anything other than exhilarating.

I spent £200 on Amazon just last night. 1: I was a bit drunk thinking of going back to work today. 2: I hadnt spent a penny on myself in a month. I had the urge. And not wanting to make an issue of this in any way... but I have a very large disposable income. I get a couple of phone calls a year from the bank "reminding me" that current accounts are not supposed to sit permanently at over £20k...

Anhenneyway.....

I splurge sometimes. And last night it happened. £200 isnt alot. But for single use it is. Im not interested in brands. I only like the look. And yesterday I decided I needed more shoes. 2 pairs. One black and one white. Im already breaking out checking tracking options waiting for delivery.

It's all essential ;)

Mtempel
01-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Eyeliner It's a must have for me and really makes my eyes pop. Nothing makes me feel more feminine- well maybe a thong hehe

Ceera
01-06-2017, 09:08 PM
For me the minimum to feel feminine is wig, breast forms and at least minimal makeup, which includes having shaved.

AKADonna
01-07-2017, 06:25 PM
The agreement that I have with my wife limits me to only dressing in the house and not out in public locally, due to kids and grandkids living nearby. To fully dress, I have to go shopping out of town or something away from home. That being said, I am quite happy to always be wearing lingerie - either in our house or when underdressing my male clothes. The wearing of lingerie is all it takes for me to feel my femininity. It is even more pronounces when I also include a corset and some natural lip color lipstick. Both also make me feel very feminine and i love that feeling.

briana_betancourt
01-07-2017, 07:20 PM
For me, it's creating my "girls". Taking the time to pull them together, tape them down, contour them and the like... one of the biggest labors of pure love. Once they're paired with my forms and my bra is on, THAT's when I'm feeling it. When I finish my full face though, that's what sets my femininity into warp drive.

I can definitely feel fem when not fully dressed, but it's never the same unless I'm 100% transformed. I'll feel feminine with just my wig, a dress or pair of shoes... but once I look in the mirror or realize that I still have my beard or exceptionally hairy legs, I come back down to earth. I guess I'm also playing for the "all or nothing" team.

julia marie
01-07-2017, 10:00 PM
There are different stages of feeling fem. Lipstick, wig, skirt, and others. But the big step is the best forms into the bra. That's when I feel right.

pantyhoselvr kendra
01-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Putting on a pair of high quality pantyhose over freshly shaven legs is where i start. Then my frilly sissy panties, ankle socks, bra and breastforms, satin gloves and my frilly sissy dress