PDA

View Full Version : Pink fog again and need some advice

Steph_CD_62
12-20-2016, 10:43 AM
I was on vacation just recently. My wife had to work most of the time so we didn't go anywhere. Although one day we did manage to go the nearest big city and do some shopping. I did find a nice sweater and sweater dress. I went out a couple times by myself, but the only thing I found that I liked was a nice necklace.

Well back to my pink fog, the entire week I was dressing every day. I just couldn't stop. I know my wife 100% supportive but I also know she isn't thrilled with my dressing either so I try not to over do it in front of her. Although I can free dress in front of her, I just don't want to cause any problems either.

I am still in my pink fog and I am having a problem not dressing every day. I know this is temporary but I don't want upset my wife.

I do have a question about my sweater dress we bought. When I held it up to me in the store it appeared that it would come down to my knees, but when I put it on it only came to mid-thigh. I normally wear stockings but found that when I sat down, my panties would show. My wife doesn't wear dresses and the ones that she owns go down past her knees so I am not sure if she would be much help.

Is there something else I can do so my panties won't show? I've watched women sitting down while wearing a short dress and tried everything they did. The best I ever did was nothing was showing, but the backside of my dress rode up a little.
I've heard of others speak of tights, but if they are anything like pantyhose I am not sure if I would like them, since I do not care for pantyhose.

ronda
12-20-2016, 11:27 AM
you could wear leggings tights or yoga pants leggings work well tight are a little different then pantyhose and you can get them without feet in them and are a bit heavier then pantyhose I like tight very comfy to me

Meghan4now
12-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Mid thigh is pretty high.

I think you already answered your own question. Keep those knees together, wear leggings or tights, or get a new dress that doesn't ride up so much. You may not like tights, but it may still be the best altenative.

BTW, my wife used to disparage yoga pant and leggings. Until she got a pair. Now she loves them because they are so comfortable. I couldn't help myself, and said "See, I know!"

Sara Jessica
12-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Opaque tights is the answer when you want to look and feel more covered up. However, if you are flashing your undies, you may not want to wear the dress out & about.

Julie MA
12-20-2016, 01:05 PM
What is meant by the pink fog? I can guess. Is it good or bad?

Lana Mae
12-20-2016, 01:22 PM
If you want to wear the dress then bite the bullet and wear the tights! Pink fog, Julie, is an almost uncontrollable urge to buy feminine clothes or do something feminine that you might not do at another time and place. Is it bad? Well, you have to decide that at the time. For instance, the happily married man here, If she wears the dress without tights she flashes her panties. Pink fog would cause her to wear the dress without the tights. Maybe a poor example but you get the idea. Hugs Lana Mae Merry Christmas to all!!

Julie MA
12-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Lana, thanks. So I have been in the fog and never knew it! The support and info on this site makes it more likely in the future. Julie

Teresa
12-20-2016, 01:51 PM
Are you sure the dress wasn't a tunic which should be worn over jeans or leggings.
If it's that short and you are uncomfortable to wear it maybe return it for a larger size or something different .
In the UK tights and pantihose are the same thing, but tights can mean anything from very fine to opaque and even thermal ones .

Steph_CD_62
12-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Are you sure the dress wasn't a tunic which should be worn over jeans or leggings.

No I am not sure if it is a tunic. Maybe it was, thinking about where we found it was nearer the section for sweaters and I don't remember any other dresses in the area. Like I said my wife is not a dress wearer. She even has made the comment several times that I am more feminine than she is, which is kind of true since she is more of the tom-boy type.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I will look at tights, but I might just wear my skinny jeans underneath.

Sara Jessica
12-20-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna offer some cautionary education on the leggings versus tights with dress versus tunic top...

www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?221539-Leggings-as-Pants-(or-how-long-can-a-post-be-on-something-soooo-simple-)&highlight=

My work is never done!!! ;)

char GG
12-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Theresa has the right idea, leggings or jeggings with boots. Otherwise, pass on the "sweater dress".

Georgette_USA
12-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Having come back to just wearing dresses again last 2 years.

Last year bought leggings to wear with tank tops for exercise gym wear, mostly black or with patterns. In last winter and this will wear with my dresses when very cold and/or windy. I have 3 pair also of shiny, Black Red Blue. Thinking of getting some heavy tights as an alternative.

Found they are good under jeans when out shoveling snow for warmth.

Watching other women, they have to be a least one size to small. Lots will wear with light color undies. I wear with dark just in case.

Krisi
12-21-2016, 09:21 AM
I'll just repeat what others have posted; it may have been intended as a tunic. Regardless, tights are the answer. Go outside, go to the mall and look at what women are wearing. Or look on the Internet or in paper catalogs.

Steph_CD_62
12-21-2016, 08:24 PM

Here is a picture of me wearing what I thought was a sweater dress. In the picture I am wearing my thigh high stockings.

Any fashion advice I can get I would appreciate.

Lana Mae
12-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Judging by the pictures, it is either a tunic or a tunic dress. With either, I would wear tights! Hugs Lana Mae

suzanne
12-22-2016, 01:49 AM
Did you try on said dress in the store, or just hold it up to yourself and guess at how far down it went? Remember that the shoulder of the dress is draped over a hanger which is maybe 1/4 inch thick. When you put it on, making that strap go over your shoulder eats up a surprising amount of length. Same goes for mannequins and catalog models. They are (usually) not a thick as you, so how it looks on them is not how it will look on you.

Hell on Heels
12-22-2016, 02:51 AM
Whether it's a sweaterdress, or a tunic, doesn't matter.
I'd say if you're flashing your goods when wearing it, you need
to be a bit more careful when sitting down.
As far as that fashion advice you asked for...
Try those tights, or leggings that everyone has suggested, they are the current
fashion. Pair them with some boots, and you've just become trendy!
Something like these outfits for example...
Much Love,
Kristyn

Steph_CD_62
12-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Did you try on said dress in the store, or just hold it up to yourself and guess at how far down it went?

I did not try it on in the store, not that brave yet. All I did was hold it up to me and it appeared that it almost came down to my knees, that is why I was surprised when I tried it on at home.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Tights and boots with that dress would be good.

Krisi
12-22-2016, 09:03 AM
If you don't want to wear tights with it, I suggest returning it. It doesn't look good like that.

Tracii G
12-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Yeah wear some hip pads and leggings if you keep it.
Just doesn't hang right without hips.

Sara Jessica
12-22-2016, 09:43 AM
It definitely doesn't wear on you like a dress and I'm not sure pairing it with leggings would help so much. It is a style which doesn't flatter your proportions. Add all the hips you wish, your legs will still be too long and skinny, if that makes any sense.

If you are absolutely bent on keeping it, try black leggings with black boots but get a style of leggings which are clearly that style rather than something which looks like tights. You might also go with a black ankle-length leggings style with your ballet flats which might have a thickening effect on your legs.

Krisi
12-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Tracii and Sara are correct about the legs. I just didn't want to be the one to say it. I have been criticized in the past for "telling it like it is".

CarolBrown
12-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Definitely a dress to wear with leggings.

Leggings are a must have for every tile wardrobe, they are so versatile and give that extra layer when needed. They are one of he best things I have bought and quite simply I would not be without them, I sleep with a pair on. With sizing them, I usually go for a size or 2 smaller than I would for a skirt or dress (I am a surprising U.K. 16-18 and find size 14 leggings the ideal size for me).

Steph_CD_62
12-23-2016, 05:11 AM
It definitely doesn't wear on you like a dress and I'm not sure pairing it with leggings would help so much. It is a style which doesn't flatter your proportions. Add all the hips you wish, your legs will still be too long and skinny, if that makes any sense.

I realize that I have long legs (35" inseam) and it is hard for me to look good any dress.

Tracii and Sara are correct about the legs. I just didn't want to be the one to say it. I have been criticized in the past for "telling it like it is".

I prefer being told the way it is and no sugar coating when it comes to my dressing. I really appreciate any advice.

Sara Jessica
12-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Not true that you cannot look good in any dress (or skirt). You just need to find the style which works best for your body type. Although your heart may like above the knee styles, you might have better luck with those which fall below your knees, particularly those which fall to mid-calf. You may be surprised as to how effortless it becomes to look great!!!

Krisi
12-23-2016, 08:59 AM
................ I prefer being told the way it is and no sugar coating when it comes to my dressing. I really appreciate any advice.

Thank you. Some people think a "support forum" means nothing but complements and sugar coating. Like you, I think it's best for us to help each other even if it means pointing out things that could be improved.

Most of us have trouble looking like a woman because men's and women's bodies are different. Sure, there are a few "manly" women and a few "feminine" men, but for the rest of us, we need padding and possibly corsets and we have to choose our clothing to accentuate our good features and hide or disguise our bad features.

Most of us have skinnier legs than most women. I bought some "skinny" jeans. They did not look good on me and I returned them. I also have to watch out for some pants that are tight enough to show the line where my hip padding stops.

If you want to look like a woman when dressed, you have to be critical of yourself. Look in a full length mirror, take photographs and of course, post here and ask for advice.

Helen_Highwater
12-23-2016, 11:24 AM
When I held it up to me in the store it appeared that it would come down to my knees, but when I put it on it only came to mid-thigh.

Bust curvature. The dress has to "travel" over your bust and hence will not reach as far down compared to just holding it in front of yourself. Add to this that when you sit down it has to bend around your bum so the back is always going to ride up somewhat. I've just bought a dress that when standing is knee length. Sitting down the hemline is 2" above the knee. Wearing a dress or skirt that sit mid thigh when standing is likely to turn into something more akin to a belt when you sit down. Tights (Panty hose), leggings or bare legged seem to be your only solutions apart from buying longer dresses. One of the advantages to trying on in the shop I suppose.

As others have said this is something GG's learn to deal with from an early age wearing school uniform. Sitting knees together or legs crossed become second nature.