PDA

View Full Version : A srprise gift

carhill2mn
12-23-2016, 05:04 PM
I was busy wrapping presents and listening to Xmas music on my stereo when I heard the door bell ring. I peeked out the window but could see only a portion of the person standing there. I could see enough so that I knew she was not certain people. I could not pretend that I was not home as I am sure that she could hear the music.

I opened the door and greeted her. It was a neighbor lady and she was holding a small box and a small gift bag. She said that the box had been lying by my door. I told her that "C J" was not home. She gave me the gift bag and asked me to give it to C J. I said that I would and I asked her name (I already knew it). She told me and she pointed towards her house. We each said Merry Christmas.

Later in the day I (as C J) called her to thank her for the gift. She asked if the woman to whom she had spoken was my sister. I told her no, she was a friend who was helping me wrap presents. She though that was very nice of her.

A nice interruption to my gift wrapping!

Leslie Langford
12-23-2016, 05:27 PM
What a lovely Christmas present - and on more levels than one! ;) Evidently, you "passed" very well, which makes it all the more delightful.

Any chance that C J's "friend" can come by more often now, and perhaps even strike up a friendship with the neighbor lady? She sounds like a good soul...might even be O.K. with both of your alter egos if you let her clue in to your situation gradually and gently...

Tracy Irving
12-23-2016, 05:27 PM
That is cool. What was the gift?

Lana Mae
12-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Very nice experience! Carole will have to help CJ more! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

KimberlyJean
12-23-2016, 06:31 PM
That's awesome, I came home from shopping the middle of last week and the mail lady was pulled in my drive getting packages out of the back of her truck. The way my driveway is I didn't have a choice except to pull up. I was feeling pretty confident so I got out, greeted her, unlocked the door, and took the mail. She was pretty busy and distracted but I didn't get the nonpassing vibe at all. I won't make it a habit but the one time was pretty cool.

Karen RHT
12-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Well done Carol. Found yourself on the spot and "owned it" really well.

Karen

Stephanie47
12-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Lovely story!