PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Dress ?

Lisa Roberts
12-24-2016, 09:09 AM
It's always been a dream to try on a real Wedding dress and model it in the boutique. It happened yesterday. Now I know why girls have to have "that" dress. I felt like a princess. I'm replaying it in my mind over and over and over. What a feeling.
Lace and Smiles,
Lisa

Connie D50
12-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Good for you that is one of my dreams. Based on your post it would be just the way I dream it to be. (i might be to old now)

AllieBellema
12-24-2016, 09:59 AM
It is an incredible feeling! I still glance back at the photos I did earlier in the year of me in a wedding dress and I echo those princess feelings! Couldn't have felt more wonderful!

Judy-Somthing
12-24-2016, 11:06 AM
One of my favorite dresses I had was the wedding gown that I'm wearing in my avatar.
Sadly I Purge it with 60 other dresses last week!

countrygirl
12-24-2016, 12:01 PM
I dream of doing this one day.

Tracy Irving
12-24-2016, 03:27 PM
I have been to most of the wedding dress boutiques within an hour and a half of my home. These experiences were lots of fun. I would write a detailed account of each one after it happened until I went to a David's Bridal so many times it got mundane. I hope to restart my writing next week when I visit one I have not yet been to.

karrin
12-24-2016, 03:56 PM
for me,a very distant wish, there are too many other points to work on. btw love that dress judy

Katya@
12-24-2016, 06:23 PM
After our wedding, my wife's dress was hanging in the closet waiting to be taken to dry cleaning. I don't have to tell you what happened one day I was home by myself. Indeed, it was an epic feeling...

Lisa Roberts
12-24-2016, 08:02 PM
I hope "this" never gets old. Go ahead and put me in the ground if it does!!
Lace and Smiles
Lisa

BLUE ORCHID
12-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi Lisa:hugs:, Two things on my CD bucket list were Pierced Ears & a Wedding Gown,

One down and one to go...:daydreaming:...

~~~~~MERRY CHRISTMAS~~~~~

Lily Catherine
12-25-2016, 12:58 AM
I don't think I would even wear a proper wedding gown to my own wedding! If ever I were married a bride, I would probably wear a short white pencil dress with a smart matching jacket over it (and still feel like a princess in that). I think the frou-frou white wedding is quite overrated - and would rather make a statement in such a getup. I'd love to do a photoshoot in a wedding gown, or twenty, nonetheless.

Nonetheless, I still remember the occasions on which I wore gowns like those. Makes you rethink how you walk and sit. The feeling is admittedly unreal, with the layers of skirt all over and around you. I still want to - I think many of these gowns are truly impressive on their own. Magnificent, but necessarily impractical.

bridget thronton
12-25-2016, 02:27 AM
Wedding gown is on the list for me too

Leslie Mary S
03-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Yahoo I got a "Second Marriage" or "Bride's mother" gown and a offer for a friend to make me a "First Wedding" gown.

lingerieLiz
03-01-2017, 11:28 PM
I have been lucky enough to try on several. Owned one.

Emma1
03-02-2017, 01:12 AM
I recently got a wedding dress, but it's frustrating because it has a button cover in the back and I can't button it myself. I need to find some crossdressers where I live!

Leslie Mary S
03-02-2017, 01:57 AM
Most brides have ladies in waiting to tend to their needs. Care to give is an idea of what part of what country you live in?

My GG and her mother bought me the wedding dress shown in a different thread. albeit it is more like what a matronly lady would wear on her second wedding or to someone ease's, like a daughter's, wedding.

Beverley Sims
03-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I have had and worn a few in my time, I used to organise mock weddings for social clubs.

Great fun being a bride also great fun creating a bride out of sportsmen who volunteered.

The enthusiastic ones were the wives and girlfriends of the not always willing participants.

Teresa
03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Lisa,
As a wedding photographer I got to handle many dresses over thirty years, sometimes they would be left at my studio so the obvious thing happened, I guess I've worn about a dozen over the years . I have to say some look fantastic but aren't always easy to wear, my dream was wanting to be one of the brides maids, the dresses were easier to wear and came in some fabulous colours and styles. They always had the most fun at weddings, on one occasion a guest asked me to pose with a group of five, I went into the middle and put my arms tightly round waist of the girl either side, I really did feel one of the girls for several minutes !

Steph65
03-02-2017, 03:08 PM
WOW reading all these about who had the chance who did wear one and who would like to wear one...... Makes me want to wear one. Get fitted and the heels!!! the make-up and......... Glad you did what you wanted to do. I still have to get my other ear pierced and yes the wedding dress. Mind you I can go to the second hand store and look at them............ they do have a fitting room!!!!

Christine Eriksson
03-03-2017, 01:03 PM
I've been dreaming of getting dolled up as a bride many times. It's kind of the ultimate woman experience I think.
When I was married, I one time tried on my wife's wedding dress an that was a real thrill. Of course my wife didn't know anything of what I was doing.

equestrifemme
03-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Love wedding dresses, primarily the flashy styles of the 1990s. Have a few myself and love to wear them. I actually went to a wedding dress store and tried a few on. Can't believe I actually did that a long time ago.

Angie G
03-04-2017, 09:53 PM
I've had the joy of wearing two wedding dresses. And it was a awesome felling there is nothing more girly.:hugs:
Angie

stephenie3756
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM
equestrifemme - How was it going to the wedding dress store and trying them on? I would love to do that and say Yes to the Dress. Did you contact the staff and setup an appointment?

Lisa Roberts
03-07-2017, 08:30 PM
If you have plans on going to a wedding dress store anytime soon you better hurry. Wedding season is just around the corner and the GG brides will be flooding the stores and the staff will have no time for you. I went in December when business was very slow. The lady who worked with me was absolutely precious. I'm not sure if she has seen other guys trying on dresses, but I guess it does break in monotony! When I need a really good smile, I think back on how gutsy it was just to march in there and ask to be fitted. It truly is a memory I hope never fades.

Nastasha
03-08-2017, 08:41 PM
I've worn my wife's numerous times - yes she knows. I've tried one on at a consignment shop, I think the clerk had as much fun as I did. I made an appointment with David's Bridal and went in and had the full experience, being measured, fitted, trying on dresses and Bridal lingerie - spent about 2 hours soaking it all in. I purchased one off of Craigslist and the lady I purchased it from included a summer / sundress and 5 pairs of panties she didn't wear anymore. We met at her church for the purchase, which was kind of exciting. She had a ton of questions about dressing, was I gay etc. Said she threw the extra dress and panties at no cost because she thought I would like them. Was a nice way to spend a late afternoon.

Leslie Mary S
03-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Now are you going to model the dresses for us?

Jennifer in CO
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I got to do mine early...like at 15. Very long story short, I worked at a Community Chest the summer I turned 15. No "cash" pay, but payment was anything I wanted out of the boxes I had to unload. I ended up with quite a wardrobe over 6 weeks, including a beautiful wedding dress and all the trimmings. Well, I went to spend a week with my Aunt (the one that "created" Jennifer) shortly after. I had told her about the dress and so as we loaded my stuff in her car to go to her house to go get the dress. A week later she was doing the hair for a Bride at the church and when she was done had me come into an adjoining room. Now during that week she had done my hair is a style similar to what became famous on Farrah Fawcett's head in Charlies Angels fame several years later. Anyway, there on a hanger was "my" wedding dress.
Twenty minutes later I was fully decked out and informed that when the wedding was over, the photographer had agreed to stay a few minutes and shoot the model for my aunt's new hair style. Wedding party left, and mine began. As I walked into the sanctuary, there on the platform were my three cousins decked out in matching dresses looking like bridesmaids waiting for "the Bride". But the shocker, was when my Grandmother and Grandfather walked up next to me ( I thought I had hid this side of me pretty good...wrong). They walked me down the isle and we all had pictures taken as a group, me with the GP's and then alone with a lot of closeups of the hair/etc. I even had a "going away" outfit that my Aunt brought for when we went to dinner afterwards. One of those pictures of me with GP's sat on the end table next to my Grandmothers side of the bed till she died 6 years later. Almost every person who saw the photo wondered who the girl was in the photo and why would Grandmother have her wedding photo (with her and Granddad in it) on her bedside. Even my own mother commented once that there was a family resemblance but didn't know who the girl was.
The dress didn't go to waste as 4 years later my Cousin (who is the same age as me) got married in that dress.

stephenie3756
03-09-2017, 05:13 PM
I've worn my wife's numerous times - yes she knows. I've tried one on at a consignment shop, I think the clerk had as much fun as I did. I made an appointment with David's Bridal and went in and had the full experience, being measured, fitted, trying on dresses and Bridal lingerie - spent about 2 hours soaking it all in. I purchased one off of Craigslist and the lady I purchased it from included a summer / sundress and 5 pairs of panties she didn't wear anymore. We met at her church for the purchase, which was kind of exciting. She had a ton of questions about dressing, was I gay etc. Said she threw the extra dress and panties at no cost because she thought I would like them. Was a nice way to spend a late afternoon.

I was hoping next week to go to David's Bridal while I am out in SF visiting due to work ...but I will have to put it off for another day when I found out today I will have fellow co-workers out with me on this trip. Thought I would be out there by myself...drats....all my dreams for the whole week were dashed when I found this out....I was SO looking forward to going to the David's, spending time in the thrift stores shopping... but not to be... At least I will still get to Carla's on Sunday...but I won't be taking as many outfits as I wanted... wanted to spend the week in a "pink fog"... love that phrase...

sometimes_miss
03-09-2017, 08:08 PM
As much as it sounds like a nice idea, dragging a train around and fidgeting with all the accoutrements would quickly become a PITA without any bridesmaids to help when needed. The reality could never match the fantasy.

Leslie Mary S
03-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a CD bridal shower party is in order.

Sarasometimes
03-10-2017, 08:43 AM
I went to David's and tried on many but with true intentions to buy one for a photo shoot at Glamour Boutique, NJ (they had a studio, not sure if they still do). I tried on many over a couple of trip there and i got a $99 mermaid style, corset back. There is no feeling, like being laced into a beautiful wedding gown by someone else, especially knowing they will need to help you to get back out of it. Ultimately I had an image consultant come with me to help me decide which gown. The most amazing thing though was how complimentary the other shoppers and their moms/friends were! I at one point, traded gowns with the bride to be in the next fitting room. She liked mine and I liked her's.
My request though is to not over extend our welcome in such places. After all they do make money "selling" wedding gowns.

Leslie Mary S
03-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Good point Sarasometimes, about wearing out your welcome and that the stores goal is to make money.
Many of the sales associates (SAs) are paid on commission so will be all smiles and complementary in their effort to make a sales. This is also true in many stores. In other stores the SA is paid straight hourly. If they get bad reviews they loose their job. They have to set aside their personal feelings if they want to keep their job.
I would venture to say that those who have worked their job a while are "accepting" to the situation, some might even be positive to the situation.

Teresa
03-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Lexi,
I agree with you that's why I always wanted to be a bridesmaid ! Even after photographing weddings for thirty I never lost the thought of being one , some of the dresses were more stunning , I had a lot of fun with bridesmaids .

Nastasha
03-12-2017, 08:33 PM
So - talking about this got me thinking again - and I have a 10:30 morning appointment with David's Bridal this Thursday. Wife is going with me this time, saying I'm excited is an understatement.