PDA

View Full Version : I Caved While Visiting Family

Christina D
12-26-2016, 08:49 PM
I've been visiting with my girlfriend's family in Michigan for the past few days and am staying at least 3 more. My girlfriend and I are in a mostly DADT situation, so it goes without saying that her parents don't know anything about me dressing.

When packing my suitcase for the trip, I considered bringing just a couple things, like panties and tights to wear while sleeping (respecting her parents' wishes, we sleep in separate bedrooms when visiting, so I could wear anything to bed), but I thought it best not to risk it. Besides, it's only a week. I can hold out for a week...right?

Well, I went to Meijer this evening to get groceries for a dinner I'm making for them tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, I parked on the side of the store that meant having to walk directly past the girls/womens clothing section to get to the groceries! I rushed past the clothes as quick as I could, but out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of the cutest, most comfortable looking pajama tights. Oh, and because it's after Christmas, everything is on sale.

"No, no, you have plenty of tights at home. You've got this. Just a couple more days and you can dress all you want," I told myself. So I went about getting all the groceries I needed, but then to get to the only open register I had walk past...you guessed it...the girls clothing section again.

No surprise, I bought the tights and loose fitting, sheer, swoop necked t-shirt. Dang it! :heehee:

Tracy Irving
12-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Sleep is important. It is best to be comfortable. Besides, it is tough to pass on bargain sleepwear that nobody will see you in.

DIANEF
12-26-2016, 08:58 PM
I think most of us have given in to temptation at one time or another. A few weeks ago was out shopping with the missus and saw a lovely winter coat I just had to have, the fact I already have a perfectly good one didn't put me off. Went back a few days later and bought it even though the money I had was intended for something else..

Maria 60
12-27-2016, 12:10 AM
It's unbelievably, just like myself once I see something or just consider buying it, it's a done deal. No matter how much you try to convince yourself different. I gave up whenever I get an idea I just go get it. I guarantee if you didn't get them when you did, you would have found an excuse to go back to the store.

docrobbysherry
12-27-2016, 12:20 AM
I just hope u don't have to walk thru the hall to get to the bathroom at 2 AM and get caught by dad wearing them, Christina!:eek:

IleneD
12-27-2016, 12:29 AM
Love you, Christina.
You are so "me".

Ressie
12-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Meijer and Michigan seem to have the same effect on me!

Angie G
12-27-2016, 11:56 AM
I know the feeling Christina. Been there done it.:hugs:
Angie

Christina D
12-27-2016, 03:05 PM
I got to wear everything last night and, spoiler alert, they felt great! It was the best night's sleep I've had the whole trip. Now I don't mind staying a few extra nights so I can keep sleeping in them, though it's going to make it that much harder to go home and sleep in my old pajamas again. Maybe I'll try talking to my girlfriend about only wearing feminine bedtime clothes around her; no wig or bra.

I just hope u don't have to walk thru the hall to get to the bathroom at 2 AM and get caught by dad wearing them, Christina!:eek:

Haha, well, I DID almost walk out of my bedroom this morning to get ready for the day! I turned the door handle slightly but caught myself at the last second. It was a reall bummer having to change into my drab pajamas.

Pat
12-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Cool! I had never heard of pajama tights. But when I googled them I found men's pajama tights and women's pajama tights so unless you have Barbies on yours, you can always make a claim to the outlaws (like in-laws, but no legal standing) that you are just fashion-forward. ;)

braveshane
12-27-2016, 07:57 PM
I got to wear everything last night and, spoiler alert, they felt great! It was the best night's sleep I've had the whole trip. Now I don't mind staying a few extra nights so I can keep sleeping in them, though it's going to make it that much harder to go home and sleep in my old pajamas again. Maybe I'll try talking to my girlfriend about only wearing feminine bedtime clothes around her; no wig or bra.

Haha, well, I DID almost walk out of my bedroom this morning to get ready for the day! I turned the door handle slightly but caught myself at the last second. It was a reall bummer having to change into my drab pajamas.

Hi Christina,

I've really enjoyed reading your posts. I'm an admirer and have been basically lurking here for a while but I'd really like to talk to you. For some reason I am unable to view your profile or send you a message? I'm sure there is something I need to do to gain permissions. I'd love to get to know you more if you're okay with that!

I'm Shane

DIANEF
12-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Braveshane, you need 10 posts before you can fully access most of the forum.

Christina D
12-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Cool! I had never heard of pajama tights. But when I googled them I found men's pajama tights and women's pajama tights so unless you have Barbies on yours, you can always make a claim to the outlaws (like in-laws, but no legal standing) that you are just fashion-forward. ;)

Well, they don't have Barbie on them, but they are very clearly meant for girls. They have a sort of paisley print on them with swirls of fusha, baby blue, and pale pink. Also, I guess they aren't technically made to be pajama tights, but when I saw them and felt the material (they're more cloth like than standard tights), I knew they would be comfortable for sleeping in. Interesting to know that pajama tights do exist though. I might have to look into finding some! :-)

And oh my, an admirer? *blush* When you hit 10 posts, Shane, feel free to send me a private message. :-D

Sissy_in_pink
12-28-2016, 04:39 AM
I walked past a store called City Chic that caters for large girls, low and behold they had the most gorgeous dress right at the front of the store, I went in to check the price and thought $120- was a little out of my price range so I took a photo and walked out. Well weeks later I find myself back at the same store looking at the same dress, they had a 50% sale on, but not on that dress:sad:
I left, but the next day I was back looking at it again, they only had 2 an XS and a Large. I took the large up to the counter to see if it was on sale which it wasn't, but I kept hinting that I wasn't sure if it would fit hoping they would ask me if I would like to try it on, but they didn't take the hint, I know I could have asked, but I prefer for them to make the suggestion. I ended up buying it, then the next day I go to City Chic in another suburb to find the same dress for $50-, I asked the sales lady if the price was right and she said it was and I told her about the dress I bought at the other store, she said that because I had bought it at full price that I could take it back and get a refund. The very next day I did just that and saved myself $70-, just goes to show it's not always wise to impulse buy, I was just lucky that day.

Lana Mae
12-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Christina, that was pink fog! It twists your arm until you give in!! LoL Hugs Lana Mae

Nikkilovesdresses
12-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Never underestimate other people's lack of inhibition in peeking in your travel bag.

I speak from experience.

Dana44
12-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Yeah, sounds like me. Oh my and yes they were on sale. Golly, as long as you don't have to go down the hall to pee. I guess that would be alright.