PDA

View Full Version : First time

claireforever
12-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Just been in the department store while at work and browsing the sale items in womenswear dept.. I spotted a lovely pair of high heels I wanted so I actually picked them up and walked through the store to a till.. Qued for five minutes only to find it wasn't manned. A lady sent me to another till round the corner. My heart was beating so fast. When I was served by a young lady she gave me a huge smile and said how nice the shoes where. I blushed and am sure she knew they were for me as they are a size 8.. I was so chuffed I did this. It might not seem much to most but to me it was a very big step.

ronda
12-28-2016, 02:46 PM
yep the first couple of times its nerve racking keep doing it gets easier then it becomes fun then you want to go shopping while wearing your most recent buys Happy New Year

Alice_2014_B
12-28-2016, 02:47 PM
If it is a rush to you then that is what it is.
I still sometimes get nervous when I am about to purchase some girl-things, even wearing my wedding ring at the time of purchase.
:)

Maria 60
12-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Never mind paying, I feel the pressure of just browsing through the ladies dept. I never tried paying, I feel bad for my wife purchasing size 10 shoes. She doesn't care and told me I shouldn't be either. Good for you I give you a pat on the back and you should be proud of yourself.

DIANEF
12-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Claire, it is a big step, I know because just a couple of weeks ago I did exactly the same thing, but with a coat. I was on such a high as I walked out of the store and couldn't wait to do it again.

claireforever
12-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Thanks girls. I went into the shop earlier and saw the shoes had been reduced down and walked out again. Then I plucked some courage up.Thing is I thought everyone was watching me but to be honest I bet I wasn't even noticed.. Now the exciting part is getting to try them on with a pair of tights... Can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

270691 here is a picture

Julie MA
12-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Next try asking to use the changing rooms. Victoria's Secret was very happy to let me yesterday.

Elizabeth G
12-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Good for you! As was previously said, it gets easier, but, at least for me, it gets no less exciting.

Lucy23
12-28-2016, 04:04 PM
When I was served by a young lady she gave me a huge smile and said how nice the shoes where. I blushed and am sure she knew they were for me as they are a size 8..
Almost the same thing happened to me :) I too was buying size 8 high heels and got that curious smile. Don't know if she really knew, but it doesn't matter. Anyway, good for you! You should try do it again, the rush you can get is almost addictive.

Tracy Irving
12-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy the shoes.

Abbey11
12-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Congrats, it should get easier and do you really care if they think they know, it's what you want that matters, so long as they are helpful and polite alls good.
Can't wait to see pics of your purchase

Dana44
12-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Yeah, the first time is always nervous. But after you do it for so long it seems normal. Good job on your first try.

Kellymay
12-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Ok what with the little feet?

DIANEF
12-28-2016, 07:58 PM
I take size 8 and always thought I had rather big feet!, but in the UK 8s are the largest easily available size in women's shoes

Sarah Louise
12-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Well done for plucking up the courage to buy the shoes, but it's unlikely that she knows they're for you. A UK size 8 isn't uncommon for a GG and many men buy for partners and get a bit embarrassed doing so. I know I do and it's the same whether I buy for my wife or for me.

Now the SA might wonder if they're for you, but she doesn't know and probably doesn't care. When I shop, I worry more that someone I know might see me, but it's easily explained away as buying a present for a family member so try not to worry about it. Easier said than done at first, I know.

I hope you enjoy the shoes. They look very nice.

Becky Blue
12-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Well done Claire, may it be the first of many gorgeous purchases, wont be long before you will be trying stuff on :)

claireforever
12-29-2016, 04:05 AM
I'm a size 9 really but I squeeze into a old pair of my wife's size 7s so these will be really comfy for me lol

kayegirl
12-29-2016, 04:25 AM
Claire, the next step is to try the shoes on before you buy. More and more UK shops are selling size 9 and if you have a Brantano near by, they routinely carry up to size 11 fermentation boots and shoes.

Krisi
12-29-2016, 09:45 AM
I was going to say how lucky you are to be able to wear a size 8 women's shoe until I saw that you were not from the USA. 8 is a small size here.

Teresa
12-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Claire,
Well done , it does get easier.
The Brantano store I used always put the larger sizes at the back of the shop so trying them on isn't a problem, I still ask the SAs if they have any objections. The next hurdle is being seen trying them on, the SA and I had a great laugh when we realised we were being watched by a male shopper with his jaw almost on the floor. She had just zipped me up in some boots with a 4" heel, after that we had a great time with trying shoes on .

I'm a UK size 8 so I know I can buy from most shops, I've been surprised how many size 8s turn up in charity shops .

claireforever
12-29-2016, 09:59 AM
I dream about trying things on teresa not sure my heart could stand it though.

DIANEF
12-29-2016, 12:01 PM
I dream about trying things on teresa not sure my heart could stand it though.

I used to think like that, until I did it, and I am REALLY not an outgoing person.