PDA

View Full Version : Shoes are the biggest identifier

Billy
12-28-2016, 03:06 PM
I think that underdressing could mostly go unnoticed. I think a man could wear women's slacks or some women's tops and go unnoticed. I think if a man wore women's shoes wearing any attire they will get noticed.
What do you think?

SarahleeNH
12-28-2016, 03:20 PM
I couldn't agree more. I've had an awfully difficult time finding wearable yet quietly passable footwear. I'm really looking forward to the posts on this thread. Perhaps I can get some ideas!

BarbraAnne
12-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I wear only women's clothes and shoes. The shoes usually pass for men's with a slightly higher (1-1/2") heel. I also sometimes wear women's knee high boots with a regular heel. Nobody cares !!

Mgreenva
12-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I do it all the time. I usually get nice comments. I get some over the shoulder glances but have yet to have a negative comment. I underdress and wear heels with my male clothes.

junetv
12-28-2016, 03:40 PM
You can find some shoes that can fly under the radar. Some low heeled loafers or low heeled boots.

Pat
12-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Women's sneakers and men's sneakers are... sneakers. Women's can be more colorful but don't have to be just as men's are typically drab but don't have to be. Most low-heel Oxfords are pretty difficult to gender. When I was trying to pass as male I'd wear women's ankle boots in a motocycle boot style (harness boots) -- didn't look much different than my actual motorcycle boots except they had a Cuban heel instead of a straight one -- heel heights were about the same.

I think if you can't find women's shoes that will let you go stealth, you either aren't looking hard enough or you're limiting your choices to shoes that aren't stealthy. ;)

KimberlyJean
12-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Jennie, I have only been running in women's Asics. The black ones are identical to the male ones but I just purchased a pair on amazon for $69 while the men's were $119.

Elaine Lynn
12-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Since work is slow I have been underdressing for 2 months now.Panties pantyhose light girgle bra and forms.Last year my so got me a pair of low heel flat boots I wear also. Only one friend questioned the footwere and I told him they were shoe boots all he said was hed never seen me wear anything like this before.I didn't say anything that they were womens under the knee boots. Donot know if he knew and realy don't care love the boots and they are very comfy.

deebra
12-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Billy the two things that will "out" you the most when under dressed are boobs and shoes/heels. Now the best way to wear knee high boots or ankle boots is to buy your jeans or pants in "long" such as a 12 long. This added length will help cover the boot even with a 3" heel. If you wear black boots then wear black jeans/slacks and they won't be noticed, and you get to hear the clicking on a hard floor. The lower the heel the more it will blend. Women's dress heels with open toes can't be hidden.

A lot of tops will pass but the bigger the boobs the more they will be noticed. If you want to blend just lightly pad your bra.

abby054
12-28-2016, 04:32 PM
I disagree. There are several styles that can be worn stealth. In drab, I have worn women's sneakers, running shoes, loafers, ankle boots, and riding boots, all without even a sideways glance from anyone, even my wife, who opposes anything TG.

Sizes are different, of course, and they are often not true to size, like women's clothes in general. I have an advantage of straight, narrow feet that fit women's shoes well. I like Bass burgundy or black penny loafers best. Most of the time that I am in drab, I am wearing them. I wear them not just because they are women's shoes, but because I am a cheap a$$. They cost about $25 less than the men's penny loafers in the same colors.

There are obviously shoes and boots that cannot be underdressed effectively in stealth. On the other hand, Jennie is right. There are plenty of shoe and boot styles that are fine for stealth. You may not be looking hard enough.

Kellymay
12-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Like to see some picture of boots that will pass maybe.So want a pair of black ankle with a heel.

Dana44
12-28-2016, 04:39 PM
There are a lot of gender neutral shoes that women wear and wearing any of those don't give you away. All of my tennis shoes cross-fit, running and general wear are female and nobody has said anything. Now I don't go with hot pink or anything Just nice shoes. I stick with green and blues.

Pumped
12-28-2016, 08:13 PM
As I man I wear a pair of ankle boots with a 2 3/4 inch block heel. I wear them everywhere. My sister noticed them the other day, I thought she was going to give me a bad time about them, but just shook her head and said she could never wear heels like that! She asked how long I have been wearing them and before I could say anything my mom said, "2-3 years!" So my mom noticed them some time ago and never said anything. While buying some items at a home store the young gal running the till mentioned that she liked my boots, then said all she sees is men in dirty, beat up work boots. I have worn them while calling on customers on my sales route, one older gent commented on them, and I asked him if he wanted me to pick him up a pair and that was the end of it. Another customer and his wife noticed them and she just asked how could I walk in them as she sure couldn't. I have worn them so much the soles are about worn out, I'm looking for a replacement pair.

rachel_rachel
12-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Cowboy boots?

Billy
12-28-2016, 09:16 PM
inside or outside pants?

Aunt Kelly
12-28-2016, 09:36 PM
I have worn them so much the soles are about worn out, I'm looking for a replacement pair.

Let me know if you find them. I want some.:o

Tracii G
12-28-2016, 09:55 PM
The only mens shoes I have worn in the last 6 years have been hiking boots I use when hunting.
I have womens hiking boots I wear in the winter but they are not as tall as the mens.
All my tennis shoes,sandals,casual flats are womens.
I have 6 pair of ankle boots with 3 or 4 inch heels I wear with jeans.Some have cute buckles and fringes,obviously womens boots.
None of my male friends has said a word about my shoes being womens shoes.
I think you are making more out it than it really is.
There are not packs of people out there checking what shoes guys are wearing and wanting to know if they are mens or womens.

Samantha Sometimes
12-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Wow those are amazing!

lingerieLiz
12-28-2016, 10:57 PM
i wear a lot of women's shoes and boots. No one notices except when I wear one's that sound like high heals. Went to the doc's one day wearing boots that sounded like high heals. You know. Anyway as I walked up to pick up some papers the receptionist looked up and connected with the perpetrator. She asked me to sign some papers and as I bent down to sign the papers my blouse gave clear view of my beautiful lace bra. She couldn't resist staring. As I walked out I did notice some patients looking to see who was in those boots.

CynthiaD
12-28-2016, 11:29 PM
I wear women's shoes with my male attire all the time. They're not stealth, they're women's shoes with a capital W. Does anyone notice? I neither know nor care.

JoannaCD
12-28-2016, 11:44 PM
I wear these loafers with trouser socks and skinny jeans in the cooler months and peds and jean shorts when it's warmer. I was lucky to find them when they had a 13. I have them in both black and brown. They are super comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/Rose-Petals-Womens-Eagle-Loafer/dp/B00GHQXEVS/ref=sr_1_1/166-9868266-2422563?ie=UTF8&qid=1482985790&sr=8-1&keywords=rose+petals+shoes

prettytoes
12-29-2016, 05:07 AM
270704I've been working out a lot lately, and these were perfect to finish off my look. I love bright colors for my workouts.

Mark B
12-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Like Pumped, I too have bought a pair of boots with a 3" (75mm) heel. I bought these to wear at work but have not yet done so. Waiting for a time when most of my office is out. Like most at our age, I am beginning to not care what most others think. Wife approves but think its a bit risky. if we wait till we are back in the US office it would go more un-noticed. Plus we live in a much larger city (Dallas) then here in Germany. With only 20,000 people, it has the small town gossip thing. Word spreads fast.

Here are the boots found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.de/DAMEN-SCHUHE-105430-STIEFELETTEN-SCHWARZ/dp/B01LZT0OC2/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?_encoding=UTF8&m=A1RC2GYI9TB490&th=1&psc=1

Sarasometimes
12-29-2016, 09:25 AM
I agree with Andy Dufraine from Shawshank Redemption "A man rarely looks at another man's shoes." I think tops and pants can be more easily detected as women's unless you choose rather wisely. Buttons on the wrong side, sleeves a bit different...

Krisi
12-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Like to see some picture of boots that will pass maybe.So want a pair of black ankle with a heel.

Cowboy boots and cowgirl boots are pretty much the same. You can find pictures on the Internet or just go to a western store and look at them in person.

It's already been mentioned but sneakers are worn by men and women. Most men wouldn't wear pink but black and white cross over.

Personally, I don't get a thrill by trying to wear women's clothes while presenting as a man. I'll admit to wearing panties, just because I have a bunch and they are comfortable. I wear women's jeans, not to fool anyone, but because they fit better and look better than men's jeans.

BTW: I wore "Beatle Boots" when they were in fashion (in the 1960s) but I was a musician and I only wore them on stage. The whole band wore them.

Cheryl T
12-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Guess I should stop wearing my Clarks mules then....
No one seems to notice them, or my Sporto boots. Maybe I'm wearing them wrong...

Krisi
12-29-2016, 11:37 AM
How do you know if anyone notices your shoes? Most people are too polite to comment to you on your choice of clothing or shoes. Some aren't, of course and if you wear something unusual in some work environments you will hear about it.

What you'll never know is, people may wait until you are out of hearing range to say something to their partner like "Did you see that guy back there wearing women's shoes?"

Wear whatever you want of course. Just don't be too naïve about it. My wife and I spent some time shopping yesterday and several comments were made between us about strange sights we saw.

Tracii G
12-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Krisi you mentioned Beatle boots I had a pair that came from the same store the Beatles bought theirs.
I had a friend that went to England in 1965 with his parents and he sent them to me.
They were deff cool at the time.

avant1465
12-29-2016, 11:56 AM
I find that "Easy Spirit" "Traveltime" clogs are rather unisex, anyway.... AND, they're very comfortable. I have a number of different-colored ones....wear them all the time....

Ceera
12-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Depends a lot on the shoes.

My favorite sneakers for male mode are women's shoes. They are grey and purple Nike's. Haven't ever gotten any strange looks or comments because of them.

I am wearing a pair of "Bearpaw" women's boots right now in male mode. Flat soled black suede boots, that are fur lined. I also have a brown pair that are shorter, with a fur cuff. Haven't ever gotten any strange looks or comments because of them, either, and I wear them a lot this time of year.

This last Summer I practically lived in Grasshoppers women's sandals - to the extent that they left definite tan lines on my feet that are still barely visible in December, months after I stopped wearing them when weather got colder and more wet. I got no comments from wearing those as a male, either.

I also have two pair of soft women's suede boots (one black, one brown) with about 3" high, 2" wide heels, that I could get away with in male mode. With jeans over them, they look like fairly plain cowboy boots.

Beyond that, most of my other women's shoes, even the low heeled or flat soled boots, are too feminine to wear as a male without attracting a lot of attention. I don't tend to wear any of those as a male.

sometimes_miss
12-29-2016, 03:49 PM
If you're wearing heels, sure. If you're wearing girls converse sneakers, no. So it really depends on the style. Also, BTW, I'm absolutely sure that my size 16 pumps and high heel boots are 'mens shoes', as there isn't a female market for them.

Jennifer in CO
12-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Can't copy the pics in, but check out places like Payless Shoes. Just a quick check and there's probably 20-30 different women's shoes that can be worn "en drab". For snow days I like my barrel boots. They're an upper-calf side zip. Yeah they have a 3" heel but its really not a big deal on snow days. My daily wear for the last 5 years has been the "Believe" loafer from Payless. But they recently discontinued it (bummer). Haven't decided what to replace it with yet as these wear out. Would love to try they're Brooklyn cut-out Shootie. Wearing long slacks that cover most of the shoe would hide the somewhat feminine side style (maybe?). Yeah I know when you sit etc, but... I also like they're "Karla Trouser slip on" but I think the heel is a bit too tapered. I have a pair of the "Arlene" wedges but the full flat bottom can be a problem so I don't wear them much. Both of my sneakers are women's Champion's, one black pair and one white.

Anyway...there are a LOT of options for womens shoes "en drab" out there. Just start looking!!

Becky Blue
12-29-2016, 11:49 PM
Generalisation... some shoes can be almost gender neutral as can some tops or pants. I know for sure that none of Beck's wardrobe could ever pass as gender neutral.

Tracii G
12-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Wear whatever you like and don't worry about what others think.

karynspanties
12-30-2016, 08:24 AM
I wear womens socks, sneakers, jeans everyday, Nobody has ever questioned it. I also wear womens tops on occasion. Those do get noticed. Now I did go on Wednesday for my eye exam. I was wearing Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans, Danskin sneakers.......nobody noticed. When I went into the exam room the eye doctor noticed the rest. Kind of hard not to. Along with everything else, when I took off my male winter coat, he saw that I was wearing a tan Jennifer Lopez top, a bit shear and I was wearing an Olga 40c padded bra which you could see the outline through the top. So it was quite obvious I was dressed femme. Eye exam went great. I put my jacket back on and went out to leave not thinking I had to pick out new frames (brain fart) and a very nice woman took over and I found some frames (male). She noticed my top and padded bra and actually aske if it was a JLow top!. I said yes and she said she liked what she saw?!?!?
All in all, a good visit.

Krisi
12-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Krisi you mentioned Beatle boots I had a pair that came from the same store the Beatles bought theirs.
I had a friend that went to England in 1965 with his parents and he sent them to me.
They were deff cool at the time.

That was back in the days when bands dressed alike. We wore matching suits, shirts and ties. And of course the Beatle boots that made us look taller.

lisalove
12-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I wore my 3" wedge heels boots out to my birthday dinner tonight, No one said a thing about them.
Or my women's jeans or women's tee.

Janine cd
12-30-2016, 10:12 PM
I wear women's sneakers daily and have never been questioned about them. I wear a pair of women's loafers frequently and have only been asked about them once because the color is very much on the red side.

Toronto Kristen
12-30-2016, 11:02 PM
It all depends on what is meant by women's shoes. Almost no one is going to pay any attention if you are wearing loafers or some flats. However, wearing a pair of Christian Louboutin stilettos might not go unnoticed. :-)

I have regularly worn boots or booties with 3 in heels with jeans (both men's and women's) without any second looks. Sadly, I cannot find any women's running shoes wide enough to be comfortable for me.

Lainie
12-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Search for "Shooties" on the Payless Shoes website and you'll find a wide spectrum of shoes/boots from girly-girl to macho.

Lorileah
12-31-2016, 01:50 AM
this has gone from crossdressing to clothing...closed