PDA

View Full Version : Wx/News Ladies

Julie MA
12-29-2016, 08:43 AM
I love checking out the weather and news ladies on TV. No pun. They usually have great clothes and hair and you can study their style without staring at someone in public. Especially the weather ladies, since they are standing and you can see the whole look.

Maria 60
12-29-2016, 08:49 AM
I know what you mean, they always look there best, even the news women always look great. I seem to pay more attention to the women on the shopping channel, they always look there best. All this time I thought I was the only one who noticed TV women.

Krisi
12-29-2016, 08:54 AM
That's a good point. I always seem to notice their outfits and makeup more than what they are saying. They can take several minutes and several hundred words to say "It will rain tomorrow."

Having written that, it does seem a bit sexist.

ronda
12-29-2016, 08:57 AM
I have missed the weather looking at the outfits they wear and there make up

Julie MA
12-29-2016, 09:00 AM
The first I remember well. It turns out she worked with my then fiance, and attended our wedding. She even gave my wife some lingerie at her shower. I remember being jealous.

DIANEF
12-29-2016, 09:01 AM
There's an absolutely gorgeous slightly older weather girl on the BBC news most mornings (UK members will know who I mean). I love her look and style.

Abbey11
12-29-2016, 09:47 AM
There's an absolutely gorgeous slightly older weather girl on the BBC news most mornings (UK members will know who I mean). I love her look and style.

Carol Kirkwood

Stephanie47
12-29-2016, 10:00 AM
I too have taken to watching our local weather girls. Yes, always great looking attire. I love their clingy dresses. In addition, I love watching "Wheel of Fortune" in the evening. I wish all women in their fifties looked as nice as her and dressed as well.

Traci H
12-29-2016, 11:20 AM
I too have been admiring the weather women on my local stations. You are right, the full body shots allow a chance to see their full outfit, and they are usually dressed very well. Nice to assess their look, fit, style etc

SherriePall
12-29-2016, 11:26 AM
I'll take this a step further. We had a television station who had a very attractive young lady do the weather. Many times they would ooh and aah about her shoes and she would have to show them off as well!

Krisi
12-29-2016, 11:31 AM
OK, let's think about this:

The weather girls on TV are mostly young and good looking. That's fine for us. For them, that means that as they age, they are likely to lose their jobs and careers. A weather man can work until he retires or dies. Not so a weather girl. Something is wrong there.

Julie MA
12-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Someday, maybe there will be a CD weather lady. Hey, it's happened in beauty pageants to some extent.

Tracii G
12-29-2016, 11:41 AM
I love the dress on this weather girl.
My friend Donnie Baker doesn't dress too well tho'.

https://youtu.be/Gz3rNXmTRTY

DIANEF
12-29-2016, 11:44 AM
OK, let's think about this:

The weather girls on TV are mostly young and good looking. .

Actually the one I referred to earlier is in her mid to late 40s (apologies to her if I got that wrong), and still stunning. Correction, she's 54, even more impressive.

jennigrace
12-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Right on! the ABC weather girl in the Chicago area wears the sweetest outfits of anybody on TV. I'm jealous of her skirts/dresses every time I watch the early evening news.

Shayna
12-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. The traffic reporter as well. Channel 4 (NBC) in LA is my go to in the morning.

sometimes_miss
12-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I have missed the weather looking at the outfits they wear and there make up
^that's happened to me many a time. Fortunately, today our cable box has a sort of fast reverse function, so I can go back and see what I missed while only focusing on the pretty women on the screen.

ReallyLauren
12-29-2016, 05:40 PM
I watch Good Morning America to see Ginger Zee, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach. Their looks are to die for.

Tracy Irving
12-29-2016, 06:16 PM
The weather women in our area is closer to 100 than 18. I remember watching The Weather Channel (many years ago) just to catch a glimpse of a beautiful blonde woman in her gorgeous dresses.

Rachael Leigh
12-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Wow isn't that the truth, we have several here in the metro that dress so nicely

Judith96a
12-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Actually the one I referred to earlier is in her mid to late 40s (apologies to her if I got that wrong), and still stunning. Correction, she's 54, even more impressive.

Of course, Carol Kirkwood is a professional meteorologist not merely a presenter. She comes across as knowing what she's talking about. So, while she's a very attractive and elegant woman she's not dependent on her looks to keep her job. I have no doubt that she'll be presenting the weather for as long as she's prepared to put up with the antisocial hours.

Georgina
12-29-2016, 07:00 PM
I adore the weather women on BBC NI. They are professional meteorologists. I like that they are not young blondes.

Judy-Somthing
12-29-2016, 07:08 PM
I always love to see what the news women are wearing and I would always make comments on their hair and dresses.
My wife always thought it was odd that I would make comments like "I like that dress but not the neckline or it doesn't fit her right, etc."

Since my wife found out I've been dressing up behind her back, (which she doesn't like at all) she doesn't want to hear any more comments about women's clothes out of me.

Helen_Highwater
12-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Yep it's great to be able to observe what the weather and news readers are wearing. Can I however suggest that you observe more closely and look at they way they speak and how they form their words. Conpare the females to the males and the women articulate the mouth movements to a far greater extent, generally show more teeth and tend to have more head movements.

So if you want to blend copy not only what and how they dress but their facial mannerisms as well.

CourtneyBme
12-29-2016, 08:21 PM
I love surfing the news and weather channels to see what the lovely ladies are wearing.

Julie MA
12-29-2016, 08:38 PM
Helen, great point, and I will. Julie

Julogden
12-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Right on! the ABC weather girl in the Chicago area wears the sweetest outfits of anybody on TV. I'm jealous of her skirts/dresses every time I watch the early evening news.

I watch her too, and she's really cute, but have you ever noticed that her figure is a bit unusual? She's a bit wider across the shoulders than across the hips and she doesn't have a very defined waistline, shaped kind of like a slender guy. She sometimes wears outfits that use a belt to cinch her waist in or a flared skirt to make her look like she's wider in the hips or define her waistline a bit. She often dresses to conceal those issues but not always. She's young and gorgeous, and most people won't notice those things. :)

Jaymees22
12-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Yes, I love to check out what they wear on the News Shows, but you have to realize they are told what to wear. I'm sure at home or off air they dress like all the regular women out there. Watching Fox with the sound off is sometimes better then with it on.