PDA

View Full Version : Moment to Myself gone awry

Traci H
12-30-2016, 07:27 PM
You know the story. I was to have some brief time this afternoon and I want to put on a little makeup, my wig and snap a photo so I could use in on an online glasses site. You can take your image and then use it to "try on" glasses. I did not know how much time I would have, so things were rushed.

I haven't put on makeup in years and had contacts back then, so my skills were lacking...big time. Plus I really did not have all the "ingredients" required. No mascara, blush, etc. Just lipstick, foundation and some eye makeup. Well, I threw on my wig and started. Off with the wig and continued. Had not shaved since this morning, so a little rough, but OK for the intent. Gees, I am making a scary woman. Oh, I still have a bit of a small mustache too. OK set up the tripod and snap a few photos. Adjust lighting, adjust camera, etc, etc. I get a few that are yes, still scary. I need to take some now without my glasses on to use on the site. Damn the phone rings and the neighbor wants to know if we have milk, she is baking. Run wipe off the makeup and I take it over to her shortly. Blew my concentration and I figured I might be running close to the end of my window (Turns out it went on much longer, but did not know)

So I kind of removed the glasses in Photoshop, enough to upload and visualize the glasses on my face.

Sheesh, it's just like Roseannadanna said, "It's always something!"

Traci

Julie MA
12-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Awww. Sorry. Hope you get some free dress time soon

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Hi Traci:hugs:, Sometimes you just have to ask yourself, Is it really worth all the bother ??...:daydreaming:...

Lana Mae
12-31-2016, 06:44 AM
Some times it is like that! Hoping you get more time to dress in the future! Hugs Lana Mae

Maria 60
12-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Well at your expense, you made me feel that I'm not alone. You have just described most of my dressing time, always rushing and that dreaded phone. It never rings but as soon as your dressed, there it goes.
If it makes you feel any better, Friday the kids went out, I was counting the minutes waiting on the coach. I fell asleep waiting and woke up to the sound of the phone ringing and answering it to the sound of the kids voice asking me if I wanted them to pick me up dinner because they were on there way home. I didn't hear them leave and when I looked at the time, I slept for 5hrs.
Don't feel bad a lot of us know exactly what you went through. Maybe better luck next time.

Mark B
12-31-2016, 09:56 AM
Several weeks ago, I had just gotten my breast forms and didn't have a chance to try them on till I took off one afternoon. I get home, change, adjust my new forms in my also new bra. I spent a few minutes in front of the mirror, try on different tops, etc...When the doorbell rang!:doh: The UPS guy was standing there with a package of some heels I had ordered. Wanting the shoes, I had to answer the door. I just opened the door and the guy didn't even blink. I was wearing a very short skirt, hose, 4" pumps, a tight fitting blouse, the nipples on my new forms were showing through. I wasn't wearing a wig or make-up. He just handed me the package and then handed me the electronic signature thingy. I signed and he said have a good day. In German of course. I told my wife about it that evening and she just laughed and asked what would I have said had he looked shocked or something. I replied that I would have said, "what, have you never seen a man wearing women's clothes before?"

Billy
12-31-2016, 10:03 AM
The answer, "oh I am so sorry, I don't have any milk left" would have been plausible.

Tracy Irving
12-31-2016, 05:41 PM
I can sit wearing drab watching paint dry for six hours but as soon as I put on a dress something comes up.

Acastina
12-31-2016, 07:28 PM
Lipstick can sub for blush in a pinch. Just a dab and blend, blend, blend. Mascara would be a lot harder to fake...

CynthiaD
12-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Hi Traci:hugs:, Sometimes you just have to ask yourself, Is it really worth all the bother ??...:daydreaming:...

And sometimes I think to myself, that dressing must be really important for someone to go to all that bother.

mona lisa
12-31-2016, 09:18 PM
We all have mishaps from time to time.