PDA

View Full Version : Names

Fainne the King
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
What do you go by? Your real name, a nickname, or just one you like to be called? Has anyone thought about or gotten their name legally changed?

My real name is one that could be male or female, but is most often female, so when I'm dressed I go by Alex.

CaptLex
03-02-2006, 02:48 PM
What do you go by? Your real name, a nickname, or just one you like to be called? Has anyone thought about or gotten their name legally changed?

My real name is one that could be male or female, but is most often female, so when I'm dressed I go by Alex.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Alexis, by any chance? If it is, it would be funny because you would be the third one here. Alexis is my middle name.

My family, friends and co-workers have known me forever by my given name, so that's what they use, but when I go out in "drab" or among my support group, my therapist or on this forum, I go by Lex (or CaptLex). ;)

No legal name change yet, but I've thought about it from time to time and am thinking about it more often now that my therapist asked me about it. Hmmm . . .

Fainne the King
03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
No, my name is Kelly Amanda but I've been thinking of changing it to Kelly Alexander so that I can go by Kelly or Alex. Everyone calls me Kelly, I only call myself Alex when I'm in drab. And Fainne is my internet alter ego. :cool:

mistunderstood
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I go by Aaron Micheal. i miss-spelled Micheal on purpose.

Angela Burke
03-11-2006, 01:43 AM
No, my name is Kelly Amanda but I've been thinking of changing it to Kelly Alexander so that I can go by Kelly or Alex. Everyone calls me Kelly, I only call myself Alex when I'm in drab. And Fainne is my internet alter ego. :cool:
Glad you cleared all that up then.

Abraxas
03-19-2006, 12:21 AM
My full name is Benjamin Edward. Almost all my friends call me Benny, only a few don't-- mainly the ones who've known me for a really long time and are resistant to change. Also, my family still call me by my female name, but that's their choice as I haven't asked them not to.

sparro
04-02-2006, 01:22 AM
My name is Natasha. Most of my friends call me Tash. I've started using Sasha recently (since it's a fairly unisex name, and Russian, like me.) It still feels kind of foreign, though. I need to grow into it, I guess.

Edit

Between the time I posted this I decided I like Keith. Haha. I'm so fickle, but I like it much better.:D

RevMoonSerpent
04-06-2006, 01:30 AM
My birth name is Melissa but, I usually go by Mel. It works out great with signing checks and credit card slips. :cool:

sparro
04-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Why is it the GG has the man's name?
My name is Noel, not Noelle, or Noël. It's rhymes with pole and it is a man's name through and through. Apparently it was that or Liam, my family is deranged.

Haha. :lol: You're funny, Noel. Pole. hehe. :fim:

KrazyKat
04-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Sparro, you could use Stash, isn't that a common Polish, or Yugoslav name, maybe spelled wrong, rhymes with posh. LOL
I've used Kat, short for Kathleen, glad no one calls me kathy anymore!!LOL
I've always liked Charlie, my dad used to call me Good time Charlie when I was a teenager!! LOL I like those names!!
Kat

sparro
04-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Sparro, you could use Stash, isn't that a common Polish, or Yugoslav name, maybe spelled wrong, rhymes with posh. LOL

Cool, thanks for the imput. People used to call me Stash as a nickname, though I think it didn't have anything to do with the Polish name.

Taylor105
06-24-2006, 06:51 PM
My given name is Michelle Lynnette. Growing up everyone called me Shelly. I started going by Taylor in 2001 and all of the people I have met since then call me Taylor. The ones from before still call me Shelly. Oh well!! I answer to both but hate it. lol I picked my name by the road I live on. Taylor street!! hehe Also, if someone pegs me as a chick Taylor is unisex. :)

Taylor