PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye

windshear
01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Parting with feminine attire seems to have two sides.

I just breaks my heart sometimes to throw old, worn favorites out. My favorite bras in particular. And I can never find them, or their likeness again!!!

On the other hand, I have some things I've only worn once or twice I'd donate in a heartbeat... often wonder what I was thinking buying them in the first place.

Sound familiar?

AKADonna
01-05-2017, 10:49 PM
As much as I like to shop for new things and to enjoy the feminine experience in discussing fem dressing the the SA's, there is a certain sadness to parting ways with my old lingerie and female clothing. But, we all must get on with it because, if you don't, your closets, bedrooms and the whole house will soon be loaded with things that you might never wear again! So, Enjoy the shopping experience, I say!

Jaylyn
01-05-2017, 11:03 PM
I sometimes wish I had back a few things that I've purged over time. I've always tried to limit how many things I gather up because at my age I really don't want my kids going thru my things and having to wonder why my small wife had XL dresses, forms, and the enormous high heels. Really I have always thrown away lots of things after wearing them a few times especially when I first started dressing and feeling guilty every time.

Becky Blue
01-05-2017, 11:10 PM
I hear you Windshear, i have a very small secure storage spot and I love shopping, that means turning over my older loved clothes or no shopping for new things. A bit of a lose lose for this girl.

Scarlett398
01-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Same here, Jaylyn...I wish I had most of what I've purged over time...I've thrown way a pile of really nice skirts, tops, boots, booties, tights, etc....

Tracy Irving
01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
I have made so many bad dress, skirt and blouse purchases I lost track a long time ago. Bras are hit and miss because I gravitate to just a few "perfect" ones. Luckily, I have made very few mistakes buying panties (boy shorts being one).

windshear
01-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Bras are hit and miss because I gravitate to just a few "perfect" ones.^^^ THIS. Thus the "perfect ones" get worn out and cycled out... even if I find something similar, the differences tend to ruin it.

Luckily, I have made very few mistakes buying panties (boy shorts being one).What's your formula? :D

Krisi
01-06-2017, 07:58 AM
I don't have any emotional attachment to my female clothes but it does bother me to give away things I paid good money for even when I know I won't wear them again.

Meghan4now
01-06-2017, 08:33 AM
I kind of get the op's point, but I also am disappointed when I wear out a favorite pair of jeans or shirt from my male closet as well. If it fit well , was really comfy, looked particularly sharp, or was associated to that one Jimmy Buffet concert, yea it could be a little wistful, but not too much. Sometimes you just got to clean out the closet.

Brandy Mathews
01-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Oh yes, I am sure that a lot of us have been there before. But, I do love to shop and I donate as well.
Bree :)