PDA

View Full Version : Your attitude to your Male wardrobe vs Female one

Becky Blue
01-09-2017, 10:54 PM
I am curious in hearing how others feel about their men's clothes in terms of buying owning, liking not liking, wearing etc.

For me I have little interest in my male wardrobe. I buy clothes that look presentable for work or going out. I have little interest so mostly am very agreeable with whatever my wife suggests or likes. Interestingly I think I have good taste in clothes but no interest. I don't think that mens clothes suit my body (perhaps thats a bit of GD talking). It is very rare that i see something and think I really like that shirt, once or twice it has happened and then i realise that its Andro.

On the other hand I have a huge interest in woman's clothes, I have very definitive tastes and know what i like. In spite of the fact that i am of course a guy, some woman's clothes really seem to suit me. For example I don't seem to fill a mans shirt properly they always seem to hang on me.

I find it interesting that I can be so disinterested in my guy looks but yet the opposite when Becky is dressing, i am fussy and have a great attention to detail. How about others?

pantyhoselvr kendra
01-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Sadly i have more women's clothes then men's. Since i live in a mans world at work and with friends

DIANEF
01-09-2017, 11:11 PM
I have pretty much the same attitude as you Becky. Male clothes hold little interest for me, I just wear what is to hand, all very casual stuff mostly. I always make myself look presentable, and have to dress well for my job, and, when the need arises I can look as smart as anyone. But only female clothing really gets my attention.

AllieSF
01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
I am pretty similar to you Becky. I have decent taste in men's clothing for me, but have really lost most interest in buying any. Though I must say that shopping for gifts before Christmas had me looking at some nice things (good taste never goes away?? LOL) and I actually bought a nice shirt for me as a gift from Santa. m I used to try to dress clean and sharp in male mode. However, now that I am retired and further down this interesting road of life, my daily male dress mode is quite un-refined and repetitive. My efforts now are into experimenting and trying to look good when dressed en femme.

Anne K
01-09-2017, 11:40 PM
I completely agree with you, Becky. I was just thinking that I am going to purge the men's clothes I do not wear and have little interest in. I need more room for my woman's clothes. Men's clothes are SO boring. Don't forget shoes!

Becky Blue
01-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Yes who can forget shoes... men's for comfort woman's for oh so much more :battingeyelashes:

sometimes_miss
01-10-2017, 01:08 AM
Quite a while after my divorce, I decided to figure out dating. In doing so, I read how most men dress as slobs. Disheveled, sloppy, worn out clothes, in fact, wherever you go (outside of business districts) all you see are guys in sloppy/casual attire. I don't know if it had anything to do with embracing the ghetto style of the rappers who had become so popular in the music scene, but it was apparent that there was a dearth of well dressed men. So I decided I would fill that void. And it made a huge difference in how women saw me. Since then, I've pretty much eliminated anything that looks very cheap ( like T shirts, which is essentially underwear), worn out, or ill fitting. A big unexpected plus was once having done so, it raised my self esteem quite a bit; I believed that I looked good; the compliments I got from the ladies confirmed that I made the right choice.
As far as female clothing, I don't dress to pass or attempt to look 'age appropriate', because I have no desire to look like a homely old lady. So I wear what I do because it would look good on a girl who looks like I would have liked to look, had I been a girl.
I take good care of all my clothes.

Mollyanne
01-10-2017, 05:33 AM
Hi there B.B., I too feel the same way you do. Whenever I am updating my female wardrobe, I give much more attention to the colors, fabric and style then I do my (ugh) male clothes. I actually HATE my male clothing as I feel so much more comfortable and confident in my female clothing. I also take much better care of my female clothing, for instance when I am doing a wash I will separate my lingerie from other items, place them in a mesh lingerie bag and wash them with a product especially designed for lingerie(Woolite) and then hang them up to dry and not put them in the dryer. When washing my other items of clothing I will follow the mfg'ers directions to the letter. All my female items of clothing are on hangers or folded neatly.

Mollyanne

rachel_rachel
01-10-2017, 06:08 AM
I'd tend to agree there, I went shopping for a few tshirts and got annoyed that I couldn't find what I was looking for.
After that I went lingerie shopping, so much more fun.

Judith96a
01-10-2017, 06:14 AM
Interesting question!
I buy men's clothes because I have to. I tend to be quite conservative, buy what I know fits me, replace worn out shirts with the same make & colour etc. I can't remember the last time I got excited about any item of male clothing. The one possible exception might be if I got the opportunity to wear a kilt! For most of my adult life I have only owned at any time three wearable pairs of men's shoes - a good pair for special occasions, a pair for work and a pair of trainers (and the first two have, for the past 20 years, rotated through three designs of the same brand).

Dresses, skirts & especially some high heeled shoes/boots - endlessly interesting and exciting! Wigs, nail polish, lipstick too! Did I mention corsets?

BLUE ORCHID
01-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi Becky:hugs:, I always take pride in my appearance whether En-Drab or En-Femme.

I will have to admit that my Femme outfits are so much more colorful...:daydreaming:...

Connie D50
01-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Becky
Your right on I buy men's cloths because I have to I buy women's cloths because I want to. I have twice and much women's cloths and 5 times more shoes then men's.

Lana Mae
01-10-2017, 07:20 AM
I do not like getting dressed up in male mode! Tee shirt(with some logo or design) and jeans are daily male wear. Scrubs for work bought in male size. I like skirts and tops then dresses. I also wear female jeans and tops out and about at times. I own a formal suit and wore it to my son's wedding and it has not been out of the closet since. I have at least twice as many female clothes and 5x the shoes. Hugs Lana Mae

sara66
01-10-2017, 07:23 AM
I don't dislike my guy clothes. I just don't like shopping for them, my wife buy 80% of guy clothes. On the other hand I love girl shopping. I like the way quality women's clothing fits. My wife will NOT shop for Sara in any way. She said I have to do that myself. The sacrifice we have to make.:heehee:
Sara

Teresa
01-10-2017, 07:36 AM
Becky,
Most of my working life I've had to consider my male clothes because being a self employed photographer meant presenting myself well to the public.

Like you I'm just not interested anymore, I can't be bothered to shop for my male side, my wife now brings things back for me to try and has to nag me to try them before the time limit has expired for their return.
It was funny recently , she brought me some jean style trousers to try , she didn't check the label close enough, I squeezed into them and asked which rack they came from , when she saw me wearing them she saw my point, they were skinny fit ! We both agreed I couldn't wear them in male mode but then when I said I've changed my mind I may just keep them, she said no way !!

I must admit I love shopping for my femme side, just to find an excuse to nip into town allows me some time to flit through the charity shops and see what new stuff they have. It's so enjoyable thinking outfits in your mind and then finding the right item to make it happen.

Lily Catherine
01-10-2017, 07:48 AM
I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that my male wardrobe looked awful, although my standard of personal grooming is now less-than-ideal. I can sometimes be very sloppy, but most of the time I tend to probably be a bit more well-dressed than my peers. The storage of my female wardrobe is a lot less stellar in comparison, but I think that's inevitable.

It's actually quite an uphill struggle to present myself as female, if only because I wasn't born with the requisite parts, and make-up is an unspoken necessity - all the more for me. But I still climb that mountain as much as I can anyway.

CarlaWestin
01-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Male wear- 14 pairs of white socks for work, 11 employer supplied uniforms, 5 pairs blue jeans, 12 assorted t-shirts, 4 assorted thermal shirts, 1 suit, 1 pair running shoes, 1 pair dress shoes, 0 male underwear.

Carla wear- >100 dresses, >100 bras, >50 panties, 15 skirts, 30 tops, 35 assorted tights, stockings, pantyhose, lace top socks, 12 pairs breast forms, 25 pairs shoes and boots, 2 housekeeper uniform dresses, 3 sexy maid dresses, 1 cheerleader uniform, 3 schoolgirl outfits, 2 kimonos, 12 wigs, 3 drawers full of makeup, 6 bottles nail polish, 5 nightgowns, 3 silky robes, 5 sweaters, 6 corsets, 1 pair Dress Tec hip pads, 1 silicone padded panty girdle, 3 Rago all-in-one, 7 purses, 10 pairs clip on earrings, 2 necklaces, 10 bracelets, 6 belts, etc.....

As a male I've always been bored with the clothing and my daily attire is drab and utilitarian. But, Carla certainly has some choices.

Teresa
01-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Carla,
I hate to say it but I feel with so few femme clothes you need to do some more shopping !!

I must admit I haven't had a recent count of my femme stuff , I know my shoes are beginning to overflow, but at least I bought myself a decent jewellery stand so i can finally organise my necklaces . I must admit I love necklaces, they really do lift and change an outfit, I've just had a count up and have 17, clip on earrings aren't far behind .

Abbey11
01-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Like Sara66, I don't dislike my male clothes but I don't spend much time thinking about what I'll buy or wear. For the fem clothes this is a totally different story, what dress or skirt, which shoes .......

GretchenM
01-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Hi Bec,

Once again, we think pretty much alike. "Fascinating," said Spock. However, I am retired so in drab I wear whatever I damn well please. Not sloppy and it depends on what I am doing. In the summer I almost always have on shorts and a t-shirt. In winter I wear more typical male shirts. Almost always jeans. But I always look for more feminine colors in men's shirts. It is not common that I wear typical men's colors; I am almost always in something that is more typical of women's colors. I love rich colors in pink, purple, lavender, and others. I like bright colors most of the time. I have always loved blue, but now I mix blue with pink a lot. As fashions change so do colors. Here in the US feminine colors in men's clothes are hard to find - a few years ago they were everywhere. I buy shirts at a thrift store three blocks away and that is where I shop for women's clothes as well. I have never been there dressed, but the tellers know me and are well aware that this fellow has some gender issues. So many more styles and colors to choose from and the prices are dirt cheap. Often these clothes seem to be barely worn. But I am much more picky about women's clothes. I don't have very many, but in femme I mostly dress age appropriate and casual. No formal wear; I am not a formal person. A bit of a tomboyish woman; but then this is Colorado and we are a very active and rather casual lot.

xoxo
Gretchen

Elizabeth G
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM
My male wardrobe is a tool I use to get the job done. My female wardrobe is something I use for my own pleasure and enjoyment and therefore I pay commensurately more attention to it.

Meghan4now
01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Well, I don't want to be a slob ALL the time, and my Tux is pretty cool on occasion. I have been more open to color as of late, and sometimes like a loud Hawaiian shirt for fun. I like some pants that fit just so, etc. Am I a clothes pony? No. Could I be snazzier? Shure. Does my wife care? Barely. In guy mode, I tend a bit more to comfort and function, like good socks. My underwear is male, but skimpy, not far from VS bikinis. No banana hammocks though. That still is an ick factor for me. Weird huh?

rockerreds
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
At this point I have no interest in buying or even shopping Men's Clothes, I am strictly a Women's Clothes person.

LookingGlass
01-10-2017, 11:00 AM
I had reached the point like others here that the male side of my closet held no joy at all. The nice thing about a walk-in closet big enough to park a mid-size car in is that could shove it those clothes in one corner and gaze at the fun wardrobe instead. A lot of my male clothea i discarded anyway because of a 20 pound weight loss (thank you, divorce and surgery diet!), but some of it i have replaced with proper sizes (but only female-side approved. No more baggy clothes and graphic tees... maybe the tees. Can't take sci fi geek out of the girl).

What amuses me, though, is i only have one male shirt i really like and would even wear in girl mode ("stole it from a boyfriend" excuse), and it is the same shirt i wore around my mother once gave me a weird look over. I asked about it and she asked if i had bought it from the women's section because of the way it was cut. I told her no, i had bought it in the men's section at JCP. Sure enough, i looked at it later and dang if it didn't actually get tailored quasi-female style instead of the normal men's style. No wonder it is my fave!

Dana44
01-10-2017, 11:35 AM
My fem clothes I treat with great respect. My male clothes, I have three suits and several shirts and a lot of t-shirts. Two male swimsuits, Thought I had more. but a good supply of male underwear and socks. But my Fem clothes are growing and I buy mainly fem clothes. But when my male jeans go out. I will have to get new ones. I use them for working around the house and dirty work. So at some point I will have to get what I need.

Anne K
01-10-2017, 12:00 PM
That's a very good point, Sometimes! I pointed out a fellow to my wife and noted how well dressed he was, including the matching shoes. Since then, I've been attempting - in a feeble way- to up my male attire. Last week, my sister-in-law mentioned that I was looking GQ. Hardly! I was just wearing some nice, skinny, black jeans, a nice tropical shirt, black shoes, and my black framed glasses. Nothing special about that. Perhaps her comment is more an indication of how poorly dressed men - and women- have become?

Sharon B.
01-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Male clothes mostly blue jeans and tee shirts, might have dress slacks a few button down shirts and one suit.
Woman's clothes dresses woman's slacks and jeans different tops and sweater tops plenty of panties, pantyhose, thigh highs, knee highs, bra's, four wigs, earrings and three pair of heels. Not to mention my makeup, scented body wash perfume and woman's deodorant. I also have four different purses and two outer wear woman's coats with woman's clothes.

Tracii G
01-10-2017, 12:40 PM
I don't wear male clothes but maybe once a year and on that day I really don't enjoy feeling like I am doing something wrong.
Shouldn't this be in the clothing section?

kayegirl
01-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Whilst I would accept that most of my clothes are femme, and that my presentation may often be the subject of some conjecture, that is no excuse for dressing like a slob, or even dull, boring clothing when having to be full man. Pride in one's appearance was one of the key lessons learnt from my father.

Lucy23
01-10-2017, 01:46 PM
I will probably be in the minority, but I'm very interested in and fond of men's clothing and care about what I put on myself. It began few years ago when I realized I was dressing horribly and wanted to change my looks. It goes without saying that compared to women's clothes, men's lack options, variance and materials... But men's clothing is not bland, far from it. With that said, you can achieve quite impressive things with little effort, if you know what you're doing and what to look for.

Which begs the question, if you're that interested in women's clothing, why not extend that interest and put it to use when thinking of men's clothing?

Anyway, it just means I have to spread my search in more ways than just a single high street store, and buy and think of clothes, shoes, accessories or putting together an outfit as a woman would. My interest in men's clothes actually later encompassed even women's clothes. And to top it off, I use Pinterest as an essential tool to come up with outfits for my men's and women's wardrobe.

Actually, both wardrobes have their counterparts of some sorts. For example, when going to work, I usually wear really slim or skinny quality jeans or trousers tucked in boots, shirt, tailor-made waistcoat, blazer, and a few bracelets and other small accessories. If I could wear women's clothes to work, it would be a business dress (or a skirt with blouse), blazer, patterned tights, heels and accessories (those are a must). Even in casual outfits I want to present some form of style. For me, dressing is showing respect to others and a form of self-expression.

And I want to echo what sometimes_miss said about men dressing casually or sloppily. Don't know about other parts of the world, but around here it pretty much called style if you go out dressed in blue jeans, white shirt, black suit jacket and black shoes. Other than that, 99% of what I see consists of hoodies, ripped jeans of sweat pants, logo shirts etc. Around here, people usually tend to ask you whether you're gay if you show "too much" (whatever that is) interest in clothing. Maybe that's one of a few reasons men don't put much of a thought to what they were.

Rosemary+
01-10-2017, 01:48 PM
So true this thread, my male clothes are there to be worn
My female clothes are to be lived in, they have a life of their own , to be enjoyed

Kate Simmons
01-10-2017, 01:54 PM
I'm okay with it although most of my guy stuff is 30 years old. :battingeyelashes::)

Adriana Moretti
01-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Im with Kate...I havent bought guy clothes since 2010

Cheryl T
01-10-2017, 02:40 PM
It's simplified for me as work requires a uniform so most of my week is predetermined for me. Since all the uniforms are essentially the same we are pretty androgynous you might say.

Other than that I have "work" clothes for the dirty jobs around the house and a small cadre of nice ones for the odd occasion when we go somewhere requiring it. Other than that it's nothing but feminine clothing. My closet is 15% uniforms for work, 10% "other" and 75% feminine. I like it that way.
That balance will shift next year when I finally retire and dispose of the uniforms.

Georgette_USA
01-10-2017, 02:43 PM
This has been an interesting thread on the male/female sides of clothes sense for CDs. I can kind of understand the want/need to wear female clothes, and eschew the drab hated men's clothes.

As a Post MtF for 40 years, have not worn any men's clothes during that time. While as a male I was NO fashion type, but still would wear clean and pleasant clothes. I did start to be a little Gender Non-Conforming at times. Had to wear ties for work, but mine were very colorful and interesting.

When I go to a nearby Shopping Mall, I have to go thru the men's department, and must say that today's men's clothes are very interesting. I think the selections/varieties are much better now than 40 years ago. Just in men's shirts, the amount of pastels is different. I can remember a co-worker back than given a hard time when he would wear a kind of pinkish shirt.

I am presently courting ?? a CD. SHE is a conservative and down to earth type dresser. I am hoping to make HER more colorful. Have not met the HE but hope (apprehensively) that may happen soon. I would hope that the HE is just as presentable. I like men that I meet that can dress very nicely. Casual suit or business casual, even the Gay men that I meet. To me it shows a inherent sense of style and self worth.

To the ones here that go dressed enFemme ever think about shopping for men's clothes that way. Thinking about what the women that are in our lives would like for you.

stacey.eyes
01-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I'd guess that 80% of the time and thought I give to clothing and shopping for it is on the girl side, for two reasons: I'm far more interested in it, and there are far more possibilities. I'm ok with guy clothes for comfort and simplicity, and do enjoy it when I get a nice sweater that has some visual interest as opposed to being a solid color V-neck. But while I shop for men's clothing maybe once or twice a year, I could go shopping in the ladies' department every week.

suzanne
01-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Women's clothes are more varied, interesting and FUN than men's clothes. Mine especially. What I wear is a response to the difference between "want to" and "have to". Women's clothing is impractical for work, as I work in a skilled trade where things get dirty. Also, my wife refuses to be in public with me while I'm dressed. So that's where I have to be drab. When I get to choose, it's a dress or a skirt, so that's most of the time at home or if I'm going out by myself.
Actually, that's changing a bit. I'm now in possession of a few pieces that are relatively androgynous, so I can go out with my wife with us both wearing similar low key tops, cardigans and slacks that were all bought at women's stores. It's a compromise that my wife and I both find acceptable.

FrankieB
01-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Womens clothing appears to be fun for all budgets.
But there are stylish and fun options in the men's department if you are more discerning. However, quite often it comes at a price.
And I believe that men's footwear is finally shifting somewhat. But good, fun?, stylish men's footwear can cost a premium.
Jeffrey West boots with a Cuban heel? Corthay shoes are on another level IMO.
Men's clothing needn't be drab, but it can cost and take time to assemble a decent wardrobe.

PamelaRI
01-10-2017, 04:12 PM
I avoid slovenly in either mode. While, I prefer women's clothes as I feel they fit and feel better for me plus provide far more styling options and greater range, I still have to dress male for work and social engagements to stay on the good side of my SO and to keep her (and me to some extent) confident that my source of income is secure. However, I do mix in feminine pieces with my male attire and try to avoid bland, lifeless, boring colors when I can.

Several of the Corthay shoes look interesting, but the loan terms to buy them just doesn't fit into my budget. I'd much rather pine for Manolos at the price.

Karine
01-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I would say that I like men's clothes or to be more accurate I try to be elegant and present in a good way. But girls clothes are funnier because:
- I already what looks good on me on male mode. I sometimes try new style, but it is very rare now (I did it more when I was a teenager and in my 20's). Whereas, since I started crossdressing 4 years ago, I am still experimenting with new things, new styles. So now, I tend to buy new male clothes because I have to (the old ones are worn) whereas I buy girls clothes for experiment styles, for fun:)
- Women clothes come are more diverse: different styles of tops, skirts, dresses, heels. And I do not mention wigs, makeup, jewelry.

Periwinkle
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
I make no distinction between my feminine and masculine clothes. I have things that were bought in the women's section that I wear even when I'm not crossdressing, and things I bought in the men's section that I'll wear when I do. All of it gets washed, folded, hung and put away together in the same areas. And all of it is equally important to me.

Becky Blue
01-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Interestingly even though I don't have interest in male clothes, I am most definitely not slovenly. I think i am more aware of how I look generally now because of Becky. So I do like my clothes to fit right etc. but just have no interest on the guy clothes.

Teri Ray
01-12-2017, 11:59 PM
I enjoy my male clothes. Having said that my male attire is pretty standard affair jeans, boots, western shirts. My Teri clothes are much more diverse. I like em both.

Tracy Irving
01-13-2017, 12:55 AM
I have yet to receive a compliment from the opposite sex when dressed like a slob. So, I choose to not do that anymore. There is something to be said for the confidence gained when well dressed. The other day I had on an awesome collared shirt, tight fitting jeans and a pair of cowboy boots. I got many positive remarks. I don't believe I blended in with the majority. There is no room in my closet for sloppy female clothing either.

Ceera
01-13-2017, 01:10 AM
For most of the last 20+ years my work attire was casual, and I didn't need to "dress up" to go to work. Jeans and a t-shirt or polo shirt were fine. For most of the last 15 years work was full-time telecommuting, so I could be in my bathrobe, or even buck naked, and no one would care. I owned nice clothes, including several business suits, but I rarely had cause to wear them. I bought new clothes largely only when old ones wore out, though I had quite a collection of t-shirts! I would dress well when the occasion suited it, but most of the time I didn't have a reason to do so.

Once I acknowledged my feminine side, I found I was very interested in amassing a full and varied wardrobe of clothes and shoes as a woman, yet I could walk past a display of men's clothes and hardly care they existed! Given a choice between buying a male item and a female item, I will buy the female item almost every time, even for male presentation. Most of my jeans and jackets are women's versions now, as are virtually all my socks and panties. Even a lot of my shoes and boots that I wear in male mode are female items that can pass for male versions.

Martina
01-13-2017, 01:55 AM
Hi, Becky, The last time I purchased any male clothes for myself was about 2 years ago when I bought 2-pairs of trousers and about 3 years ago I bought a pair of men's shoes. I always have to have the trouser legs shortened as I cannot buy any that fit of the peg.
I am regularly buying female clothes purchased some female jeans from Dorothy Perkins in a size 12 petite and they fit perfect, even my wife say's that I look good in them.

Sashauk
01-13-2017, 04:53 AM
Like a lot of us here my attitude is that my male wardrobe is a necessity whereas my female wardrobe is a luxury.

I have to wear male clothes as that is what is expected by society but I can at times (much more lately) wear female clothes which makes me feel happy.

CONSUELO
01-13-2017, 08:06 AM
When I dress in male clothing I try to take care in looking presentable. I was recently at a wedding and made sure that I wore a good suit, crisp shirt and good looking tie. I always make sure my shoes look well maintained and polished also. Of course, beneath that veneer is some lovely lingerie.

When in female clothes I try to look as elegant as I can. Strangely I get pleasure both ways but much more in female mode.

I think I take my cue from my Mother, who always looked beautifully turned out when she left the house.

Looking around today I see a lot of sloppy dressing from both sexes, but men in particular look a mess on the whole. So often I see a well dressed woman accompanied by a sloppy looking male.

StarrOfDelite
01-13-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but I like to be well-dressed in male mode. I have a fairly high profile job which requires me to meet with attorneys, CPA's, corporate exec's, and the occasional politician, so I have an extensive male wardrobe which includes several expensive suits by Polo, Oxxford, Brooks Bros., and the shirts, ties, belts and shoes which go with the territory. I pay attention to how I look, and there have been days when I spend fifteen minutes trying to decide which tie/shirt combination I want, and tie/retie my necktie several times to get the lengths perfect. On weekends I like to wear Levi 501's, cashmere sweaters, turtlenecks, and good sneakers or sandals.

My female wardrobe is much more casual, but I still have more items from say, Harve Benard and Ralph Lauren than from PacSun or Old Navy. I think that my biggest problem in selecting clothes is trying to remember that I should be wearing clothes that would look good on Caitlyn Jenner rather than clothes which would look fabulous on Beyonce. I would love to be able to wear miniskirts or party dresses and super Femme lingerie, but instead I just pretty much go with what a late fifties/early sixties professional woman would wear. My dreams are pretty small, huh?

Georgette_USA
01-13-2017, 04:02 PM
TarrOfDelite

I have a TS friend, she was also a very well dressed male for business. Now she is a very well dressed female for work, is a combination of great female and casual female for non-work.

Laughs about all the great male clothing she has gotten rid of.

raxdress
01-13-2017, 04:15 PM
I personally hate shopping for male clothes, but enjoy shopping for female ones. For one, there is so much more diversity in female clothing. Just go on amazon and browse male clothing... same drab pants, same drab shirts. For men, there are dress shirts, t-shirts, tank tops and they all look the same. For women, there are all kinds of different types of blouses with different frills, cuts, and layers. Same thing for skirts... so many different styles and variations. Diversity is fun. For two, I can't even buy male pants online as I'm 30x28... try finding me slacks on amazon at that waist x inseam size. I typically have to go to boys sizes to avoid hemming and then you have to deal with a totally different sizing system... constantly having to return clothes that don't fit. For women's clothes, I can go on amazon and pretty much wear anything meant for women sized medium with no hemming. Just buy and wear.

jemima_bates
01-13-2017, 04:23 PM
I will probably be in the minority, but I'm very interested in and fond of men's clothing and care about what I put on myself.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like to be well-dressed in male mode.

Wow - halfway down page 2 before I found some answers that echo my own thoughts - I never imagined that would be the case when I clicked on the thread title!

I *love* my girl wardrobe, but equally my male one too. However, a little like my girl wardrobe, I don't get to wear my male wardrobe-of-choice anywhere near as much as I'd like to, mainly due to work 'expectations'. For my out-of-work attire, I have 3/4 go to brands that I know I will like almost anything they produce (Reiss, All Saints, Cos - actually, I love their female sections too!) and I also have a trainer collection bigger than my heel collection.

I figured that the majority our 'community' would be similarly minded, but if there's one thing I've learned since I've been here, it's that we're a broad church!

Jemima x

Majella St Gerard
01-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Well I haven't bought mens clothes in years. I feel much more comfortable in women's clothes.

nikkiwindsor
01-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Bec...I haven't a care in the world as to how I look in masculine attire. My wife has to buy all my male mode clothes or I'll just keep wearing what I already own without replacing. But, my feminine side is a whole different story. I care deeply about how I look and I'm so interested in the latest fashion trends perusing Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Glamour and InStyle regularly. And it seems I'm buying a new dress at least every few months. It really is time to go through my dresses and donate a few to the local thrift store. I buy very nice dresses so I'm sure the gals on the forum would love to know when I drop off a few things at the store b/c they'll be fighting among themselves to snatch them up! LOL xxxx Nikki

StephanieM
01-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Usually male clothes don't really do anything for me, so I stick to the basics, jeans and a t-shirt. However once in a blue moon if I'm dressed up in nice men's clothes I kind of feel good, not as good as when I'm dressed as Stephanie though.

Becky Blue
01-15-2017, 11:48 PM
About once a month I have to wear a suit and tie for work. I hate those days it just feels all wrong to me. Last time as was in a suit, I was walking up a flight of stairs with a large mirror at the top, for a moment I thought there is a guy in a suit following me!!

Joan.Meredith
01-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Well, I think I'm in the majority of this group. I've gone through my male clothes and thinned them out a lot. I'm only wearing them from work because I don't have any female/andro clothing that would work. I've still got male clothes that I haven't gotten rid of, but they are on the way out the door. I honestly dislike my male clothing, I just wish my female clothing was growing at a larger rate. That way I could get rid of my male clothing.

Barbara Black
01-17-2017, 07:55 PM
I have never had a real interest in men's or boy's clothes. For many years I've worn blue jeans, a pocketed T-shirt, and a chamous type shirt when needed. I'm sure that this was because of my lack of interest in men's clothes. On the other hand, I've been looking at female clothing forever. I once though it was only because of the girls in them (which it was of course), but now I realize that the clothing had a bigger hold on me (due to having no self pride and therefore hopes with regard to girls and women). If I'd only known that decades earlier.... damn!

Robin777
01-17-2017, 09:18 PM
I have always hated buying men's clothes. My men's wardrobe basically amounts to jeans and T-shirts or sweatshirts. I have some dress clothing for special occasions. I hate shopping for my male self,but I love shopping for my feminine side. I can spend hours digging through clearance racks of women's clothes. When I need male clothing I loathe to shop for it.

Georgette_USA
01-17-2017, 10:48 PM
Looking / buying clothes for either sex can be tricky.

Have AFAB who is looking for a man's TUX, but have it tailored for her definitely female figure. She is NO Butch Lesbian either.

Karen G
01-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi all. Well, for being honest I but the same model and size of jeans for male mode each time, I don't even try them before buying but as in female clothing the story is very different, I would spend hours looking at dresses and accessories, I love them all!

JeanTG
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Well I generally don't much care about my men's clothing. Mostly bland and boring stuff some and as my wife says "you're not going out in THAT are you?". I've trimmed down much of my male wardrobe. Some I put out to goodwill, the rest in storage, just what I need in our walk-in closet. I have no male underwear available, it's all in storage. But now when I buy male clothes I try to at least make a passing nod to my femininity. For example the last shirt I bought is pink; more bright and pastel colours. I am thinking that from now on, any shirt or jeans purchases for male mode would actually be female clothing. My wife has some very masculine looking female shirts, alas they are too small for me. That way I would be able to be dressed 100% of the time even if not obviously so (unless one pays attention to the side the shirt buttons up), but I have to run it by her first, and I don't really need to buy anything at the moment on the male side; I am still slowly building my female wardrobe. I do miss the pocket size though on female jeans. I could carry a unisex purse instead that can work as either a purse or a "man-purse". I frankly don't care if some insecure men call that "gay", after all I am one of the letters in LGBQT!

Often when I do pick out men's clothes I lean strongly on my wife's advice and fortunately she likes bright colours, pastels, and not overtly male styles and colours.

Scarlett398
01-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Jemima, we seem to be in a minority here in terms of liking our male wardrobe as equally as our female wardrobe. I keep up with the current styles in both. One thing I won't do is wear male or female clothes that are entirely out of fashion. I donate those clothes to our nearest Waterfront Mission and I'm sure the folks who are lucky enough to find my donated clothing are probably thrilled to buy it and proudly wear it. When I turn clothing in, it's always first class stuff that cost good money when it was new and the clothing turned in for the most part hasn't been worn but just a few times.
I love to wear really nice quality slim cut fashionable suits to church which now is the only time, with the exception of formal balls and formal fund raising events I attend each year, I get a chance to dress up. I like Joseph A. Banks suits. They seem to fit me like a glove and my tailor there really knows what she's doing with any required alterations which are few with a slim cut suit. Usually, all she has to do is hem the slacks. I like a very light break at the bottom of my suit pants. My shirts are by Paul Fredrick and are the really nice non-iron cotton dress shirts (32 and 1/2 inch neck with straight 32 inch sleeves). They are usually white, light blue, or pink in color with really nice ties I mostly buy at Dillards. Shoes are by Johnston & Murphy. I used to work for this company and they are one of only two show manufacturers who provide shoes to the president of the united states. Allen Edmonds is the other company and I own a few pair of those because on of my best buddies manages the store in Destin, Florida. My men's casual wardrobe looks pretty slick too with a wide assortment and manufacturers of jeans, slacks, shoes, boots, shirts, sport coats, and the like.
You girls have seen a little of my girl's wardrobe with many more pictures of me in an array of various outfits on the way. The photo restrictions on this site prevent you from showing too many photos at once which is understandable. But you'll see I take just as much pride in the quality of my girly clothes as I do my male clothes. I think I have been wearing stylish clothes all the way back to elementary school. It seemed as though my mom and dad spoiled me and always allowed me to keep up with the latest fashions. I have an extensive selection of subscriptions to magazines that keep me up to date on both male and female clothing. I guess, with the male clothing, I lean toward the classy executive side with my dress clothes and probably more towards the Tommy Hilfiger preppy side with my male casual clothes. With my female clothes, I always try to hit "cute", "sexy", "classy" styles in every outfit I put together. It's taken quite a while to figure my girly side out, but now I have it pretty much down pat.
That's it for now. Probably a bit too much to take in but what the heck, one it comes to fashion, I love talking about the subject! Sincerely, Scarlett

delabole
01-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Out of the house, I normally wear male clothing at least externally, as I at present lack the courage to wear a skirt locally. I make the best of it and there is quite a lot of male clothing in pretty colours and that is what I seek out when shopping for my male wardrobe. Pink and pale blue shirts mainly and in winter with a unisex turquoise mohair jumper/ pink cashmere jumper give the softer more feminine image and are just about tolerated by my macho friends and acquaintances. I quite like wearing male type jeans with outrageously frilly panties underneath. In fact I usually wear frilly panties, and my stock of baggy boxers is steadily dwindling.

I guess that my male clothing will gradually wither on the vine and people will get steadily used to me looking more and more feminine as time goes by.

Stephanie Julianna
01-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Simply put, male garb is boring. I went to a wedding last weekend and sat in my drab suit while the women young and old got to wear incredible dresses with to die for heels. I know what I would have worn if I had a choice.

Jenni Yumiko
01-25-2017, 07:17 PM
I love clothes, and I like shopping for my guy clothes just as much as my girls clothes. I also look for stuff that I can pair with Jen clothes and guy clothes. I do love a good fitted suit.

lucy_miller
01-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Its obvious most of us prefer our female wardrobe. I'd say I'd happily spend two : one in its favour despite the fact I wear guy clothes 6+ days a week. I do like the cross over clothes that are happy in both wardrobes but smart dressy dresses are my favourite