PDA

View Full Version : Hanger War!

Anne K
01-10-2017, 04:41 PM
My daughter came to visit for a week over the Holidays. My accepting and very encouraging wife decided -unilaterally- that she would clean out my closet, pack my clothes into a VERY large suitcase, and store it in the garage. Apparently, she was concerned that my ultra-PC, LBGT friendly, daughter would snoop my closet and out me. I had figured that if my daughter was going to snoop my closet, she would meet Joyce! Well, one must pick one's battles and I let my wife carry the suitcase into the garage and stow it. I did not offer to help, though.....

I've been busy, and have not had a chance to rehang my clothes until today. I flipped open the suitcase and noticed that she had folded everything nicely. Thank you! As I laid the clothes on the bed, I noticed that all of those nice clear hangers for dresses and the clear hangers with the clips for skirts/slacks were not in the suitcase. It took me a long time to accumulate those! I looked in my closet and instead of seeing my cherished hangers, there were regular, old white, guy clothes, plastic hangers. I looked in my wife's closet and EVERYTHING she owned was on my cherished hangers! THIS MEANS WAR!

I didn't say a word to her. I decided to let here think she scammed me. Instead, I logged onto AMAZON, ordered 100 of the dress hangers, 48 of the slack/skirt hangers, and the rubber anti-slip hanger accessories. They will be delivered in two days or better. Then, I will hang up my clothes properly. Any hangers I don't use will be hidden in the garage for future outfits. (Maybe I could resale them to Carla W. I suspect she could use them!:) ) When she figures out how I thwarted her diabolical hanger scheme, she'll have a good laugh.

BTW, I'm going to organize my clothes so that Joyce's clothes are in the front. That will make me happy!:daydreaming: Being the ever thoughtful spouse, it will make it easier to pack Joyce up next time my daughter visits. I hope she remembers the wigs and shoe she missed this year!

Micki_Finn
01-10-2017, 05:07 PM
My friend, you do realize that that was all an elaborate end-around your wife ran on you JUST to steal your hangars right? Anyway great story. :)

alwayshave
01-10-2017, 07:31 PM
It would appear that you lost the battle but won the war.

LydiaL
01-10-2017, 08:34 PM
This epic battle of hangers will come to a stalemate when all closets are full to brimming.

Good Luck!

Lisa85
01-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Wrong mindset. Not a battle at all. An excuse to get those new skinny/thin hangers. You probably want some felty hangers for slippery items and just hard thin plastic for sticky items. Costco, as one vendor, has the felty hangers. You can search for them. Amazon has felty as well, and probably the others.

These hangers will add about one-third or one-half more closet space and then it's either purge or buy a second home for all your clothes:drink:

Lana Mae
01-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Your wife just wanted your hangers! Since I have started CD I have purchased white hangers with a slide preventing piece of black plastic and the skirt hangers. My male clothes are all on metal hangers! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Leslie Langford
01-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Well, it sure looks suspiciously like a classical case of female entitlement that you've encountered here...what's yours is hers, and what's hers is - well - hers. :doh:

For many of us, our wives or SO's feel quite free to raid our closets when the mood strikes them... socks, sweaters and/or sweatshirts (oversized for them, natch!), ball caps, our watches...you name it, and as long as the item fits (sort of). :sad:

But for many of us - even those of us with tolerant or semi-accepting partners - to ask to borrow a pair of their pantyhose or tights to wear on a cold day, maybe of pair of their panties if all of our boxers or tighty-whites are in the laundry, or even to borrow their lip balm to soothe our chapped lips...Hmmm!...not so much, and our only reward will likely be a stink-eye - and that's if we're lucky! :eek: :devil:

AllieSF
01-10-2017, 09:39 PM
As they say, "The best defense is a good offense!" Now, I started that war when I started buying women's clothes. First needed to get skirt hangers, the the ones with hooks and slots to hang more than one item per hanger, then getting those skinny hangers to fit more into less, then I needed to buy replacement hangers for those sweet little things because though being cute, they are also weak and break easily, then no more room in the closet and drawers on my dressers, needed those clear plastic tubs that fit under the bed, then needed another closet, and the battle goes on! No one told me that if I buy two, I need to donate two. Now I think that sage advice is lost.

Judith96a
01-11-2017, 07:00 AM
Well, it sure looks suspiciously like a classical case of female entitlement that you've encountered here...what's yours is hers, and what's hers is - well - hers. :doh:

For many of us, our wives or SO's feel quite free to raid our closets when the mood strikes them... socks, sweaters and/or sweatshirts (oversized for them, natch!), ball caps, our watches...you name it, and as long as the item fits (sort of). :sad:

Spot on, Leslie! Mind you, I seem to remember that when I married her I endowed her with all of my worldly goods, with nary a word said about hers! Maybe I should have paid better attention. But yes, shirts, jumpers, caps are all "fair game" and, once 'borrowed' magically become 'hers'! It's all good fun tho.

Krisi
01-11-2017, 09:25 AM
My wife and I don't really have "his and hers" things and we certainly wouldn't go to war over clothes hangers.

Anne K
01-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Now that you mention it, she just started to organize her closet. When she left her closet, she even turned off the light and closed the door. She never does that! Obviously, she was trying to confuse me.....

I think I have a plan. I'm going to hang my clothes in her closet randomly between her clothes. My new hangers will match her pilfered hangers, so she won't notice....at first. The battle will rage on until she sues for peace. I will settle for nothing other than more drawer space and my place on the make up table!

MissTee
01-11-2017, 09:36 AM
This is too funny! My wife does th same style hangar raid. She will even double up skirts on a single hangar - one of hers and one of mine to save space.

donnalee
01-11-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm confused. She now has all your hangers and you have to go into your pocket to replace them.
Wake up; you've already lost the war.

Years ago I figured this out:
Women are simple and easy to understand and get along with as long as you are aware of the following conditions of cohabitation.

!. Everything she owns is hers permanently and exclusively.
2. Everything of yours is hers.

Once you understand these principles, life together becomes very simple.

Pat
01-11-2017, 04:30 PM
For many of us, our wives or SO's feel quite free to raid our closets when the mood strikes them...

Women share clothes. So naturally they borrow from your female stash. Men do not share clothes, so no, you may not borrow theirs. All makes sense. ;)

Jenn A116
01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Well, somebody has to say it; (in my best Joan Crawford voice)
No Wire Hangers

Stephanie47
01-11-2017, 06:38 PM
One hundred dress hangers would not be enough for me! OK, I have to ask. Where do you normally put your high heels? Surely, you daughter would see them if they were lined up on the floor of the closet or the foot of the bed.

Jane G
01-11-2017, 06:42 PM
This thread has me in stitches.

Anne K
01-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Right now, my shoe collection is in a suitcase. Given that war has been declared, I intend on putting them throughout the house "hiding in plain sight". Eventually, my wife will see them and say something. They will be moved to another spot. This is purely a distraction while I plot my strategy for Hanger Domination.

Btw, I am replacing my closet bi-fold door with a one piece, outswing door. It will have a full length mirror on it. I wonder why?:daydreaming: It will also have a lock on it to thwart any further stealth Hanger Stealing! I will be Victorious!

Meghan4now
01-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Well, it sure looks suspiciously like a classical case of female entitlement that you've encountered here...what's yours is hers, and what's hers is - well - hers. :do

Haha, SO true. My wife is very fond of saying, "What's mine is mine, and half of what's yours is mine" followed by "I'll let you know which half at the time."

Of course their also "her kids" when you are being firm, but "your kids" when they get into trouble.

docrobbysherry
01-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Wire hangers rock! Because u can so easily bend them to hold dresses.:)

But, 150 hangers just won't do for me, Joyce! I regret the days before I began dressing. I manage rentals and inveriably folks moving out would leave closets full of hangers. I bagged them and dropped them at the nearest thrift. But, since Sherry showed up with her insatiable need for more and more clothing, I never seemed to have enuff hangers!:sad:

Until I saw two 55+ gallon drums overflowing with hangers at an auction! Both clip on and slot tops!:D
$10 and I got them all!:tongueout