PDA

View Full Version : Growing up...

heathr1
03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
While growing up, was anyone here lucky enough to have a supportive/encouraging family member?

Yes I am
03-02-2006, 04:27 PM
When we were very young (7 & 8 years old) my brother and I would dress up together in some of our mother's and grandmother's very old clothing. We did it in secret and openly at my grandmother's house, she thought it was funny and just let us be, but my grandfather made his shame of it very vocal, especially of me being the older one. My brother's gay as it turns out, and is supportive of me as I am of him.

Ashley Helen
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
When I was young we were on a family picnic down by the river. My uncle pulled my towel away leaving me starkers on the riverbank. That could be why I am now a crossdressing naturist!

Love

Helen xx

Jodie_Lynn
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure if the following falls into the supportive classification, but here goes :D.

Due to a large age gap between my sister and myself, I grew up with her daughters. The eldest of them is only 4 years younger than myself. I remember, at about age five, throwing a bit of a tantrum because we were going out and the two girls had ribbons in their hair and "how come I can't?" Well, my sister solved the problem by putting yellow ribbons in my short blond hair. That lasted about a block until some men saw us and busted out laughing and pointing. I angrily pulled the ribbons from my hair.

In later years, when I would stay at my Sisters house for summer vacation (both my parents worked), there always seemed to be a cause or reason for me to end up in my nieces clothes.

For example on a car trip from upstate NY to Canada with my sister, her husband, now 3 girls and myself, we had to stop at a reast area cause one of the girls was feeling carsick. Well, I took the opportunity to grab some comics out of my suitcase, when the ill niece decided to spew -- all over my suitcase which was open! Needless to say, we tried to clean them as much as possible in the lavatory sink, but they were pretty much a write off and we had to dump them, else the smell in the car would have had us all tossing. I spent the rest of that week in girls pants, tops and undies, mortified, of course.

Another time at her place, I had a stomach virus that made me sick at both ends, my underwear and pyjamas were in the wash, and I spent the rest of the night in panties and a nightgown. There were other occaisions, and today, I wonder if my sister was trying to tell me something.

Annaliese
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
While growing up, was anyone here lucky enough to have a supportive/encouraging family member?
Living in Utah and living in a LDS family one keep it quiet.

Anna

Pamela girl
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM

Anna
Huuugh?????

Victoria-Marie
03-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Huuugh?????

LDS = (the church of jesus christ of the) Latter-Day Saints, aka the Mormons.

cindycd
03-09-2006, 03:14 AM

Anna
I am not L.D.S. but I have lived in Utah for a long time and I wish I was as lucky as you. cindy

sparks
03-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Well I don't know if supportive is the right term but My mom would always end up finding my bras and throwing them out but the topic on why I had them never came up. Out a sight outa mind. But I guess she told Dad about those little naughty unmentionables cause he never really bothered with me.

Angela Burke
03-09-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm the youngest "girl" of five and was brought up in an almost totally female household.
I was in dresses and skirts (by choice) from a very early age, which was fine by my Mother and sisters.
In later years when I moved away from home I always kept a wardrobe of female clothing at my Mothers.
The second thing I always did after saying hello when I visited her was slip on a skirt.
My Mother and sisters were/are very supportive of my crossdressing.
My only (very petty) complaint was that my mother flatly refused to call me "Angela".