PDA

View Full Version : Might be Passport time!

jentay1367
01-15-2017, 02:51 AM
This is basically a heads up for all the transitioning American Women out there. If you are quite sure you are transitioning and it's simply a matter of time, it may be time to get your Passport changed to your real name and gender. Currently the State Dept. issues these documents and it is presently quite simple to change this document without requiring bottom surgery. Your GP or Endo can write a simple letter for you which will be sufficient for you to change this very crucial document. This simplicity may change in the not too distant future leaving you unable to procure certain documents or hinder you from International travel until you have completed GCS, which as we know, some may choose never to do. You can see where this could become horribly problematic. Please go to transequality.org to learn more and consider taking appropriate action to protect your rights and freedoms. Thanks for listening!....Lisa

Starling
01-15-2017, 05:43 AM
The same might hold for other areas as well, like Social Security, Medicare, various insurance policies, marriage issues and who knows what else. To paraphrase the song, What a diff'rence an election day makes.

:) Lallie

FurPus63
01-16-2017, 04:57 AM
I wrote about this in another support group and was told I was being "negative" and "paranoid." Yet it is so true. There are changes coming, most of them bad, that are going to have a really bad and negative impact on the trans community. I produced a video about this when I got mine changed. Getting a passport changed can lead to getting the gender marker changed on State ID's and DL's. It's important to get the paperwork done and the sooner the better.

God knows how much is going to happen and how long it will take, but anyone who thinks, "nothing is going to happen;" is fooling themselves. Of course this is all my opinion. Time will tell how bad it's all going to get.

Thanks Lisa for posting this!

Paulette

Mirya
01-16-2017, 10:53 AM
I wrote about this in another support group and was told I was being "negative" and "paranoid."

They probably don't realize that it was under Hilary Clinton's administration as Secretary of State that the US State Department implemented the new rules making it easier to change gender markers on passports.

Pat
01-16-2017, 01:33 PM
You can be negative, paranoid and correct all at the same time. Just sayin'... ;)

jentay1367
01-16-2017, 02:54 PM
lol @ Jennie!....just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Starling
01-21-2017, 04:37 AM
It's happening faster than we imagined. I'm just glad to have any passport at all!

:) Lallie

Nigella
01-21-2017, 05:03 AM
OK folks, I understand how much this is an emotive topic/subject right now, but please keep all political comments off this page. There is a thread (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?246841-Link-to-LGBT-page-on-White-House-website-is-gone-!)currently running in the Media where you can comment on what is happening etc