PDA

View Full Version : Help Becky find a middle name

Becky Blue
01-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Hey Girls I need some help. My parents were very poor when I was born and they couldn't afford a middle name for me :). Growing up I always felt ripped off with only one name.

I have been struggling for years to find a middle name for Becky. I love so many girls names and have yet to settle on THE one. So i am asking for suggestions and will finally choose one.

The Guidelines are as follows:

Name has to fit and sound good with Rebecca _ _ _ _ _ Blue
Name has to fit and sound good with Becky _ _ _ _ _ Blue
I live in Australia so Sheila is NOT cool!
Name can't be that of my wife, daughters, mother any close relatives (but I can't say what they are naturally)

Suggestions are very welcome and desperately needed.....

valerieg
01-17-2017, 12:43 AM
I suggest Lynne

Majella St Gerard
01-17-2017, 12:52 AM
How about Skye

Dana44
01-17-2017, 12:53 AM
How about Rebecca Anne Blue or even Becky Anne Blue.

Lorileah
01-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Iam like Becky Iam Blue....OK never mind carry on

jennifer0918
01-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Becky Lynn Blue..
Good day mate

marshalynn
01-17-2017, 01:55 AM
How about Rebecca Beth Blue or Becky Beth Blue Marshalynn

Maria Blackwood
01-17-2017, 02:01 AM
Lee

Just the first thing that popped in my head.

Milli Montanari
01-17-2017, 02:38 AM
Harder than choosing a baby's name! However i suggest that a two-syllable name would be the most comfortable fit between Rebecca/Becky and Blue. This might narrow the possibilities a little for you. Emma, Ava, Mia, Zoe, Chloe, Layla, Harper, Kaylee, Ellie, (all from a list of most popular baby names for 2016). Think I'd go for Layla :)

bridget thronton
01-17-2017, 02:43 AM
I do like the Skye suggestion

Leslie Mary S
01-17-2017, 02:45 AM
Well I have a Daughter name "Rebecca". Her mother and I gave her the middle name "Elaine". It works fine with her nickname "Becky" and it also works well with her Husbands Last name as well as her maiden name. When she was in her older teens she was a runner up for the Miss Alabama/Miss USA. contest.

Hell on Heels
01-17-2017, 03:12 AM
Hell-o Becky,
Why not go with Danger?
How cool would it be to say,
"My middle name is Danger!"
and actually mean it!

Or you could go with something like Catherine???

Good luck choosing!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Stacey-J
01-17-2017, 03:31 AM
How about Jane? It's currently my middle name but I won't be offended if you steal it :P

TrulyMe
01-17-2017, 03:46 AM
Becky Kay?

Lana Mae
01-17-2017, 06:07 AM
I agree with Dana. Anne Hugs Lana Mae

Meghan4now
01-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Elisabeth. Very powerful and stately. Like a queen! Is Australia is part of the Commonwealth?

Sara Jessica
01-17-2017, 06:53 AM
My first impression before reading any of the replies was Anne, a suggestion also made by others.

Beth doesn't work on any level in my opinion but it made me think Elizabeth. I think that goes better with Becky than Rebecca though.

As for syllables, more often than not, names flow better when you aren't matchy-matchy with the number of syllables. This now confines your choices to one syllable middle names to flow best with both.

Which brings us full circle, Anne. It flows, and it is regal.

GretchenM
01-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Hi Bec,

I will cast my vote for Ann or Anne. It flows well with Rebecca or Becky and the combination sounds like a graceful dance.

Gretchen

Pat
01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Nobody's going to go for Becky Sue Blue? You could do Becky Sioux Blue if you wanted to be a bit more exotic (yes, I have known people whose birth certificates read Sioux.)

Krisi
01-17-2017, 09:48 AM
Becky "Bee" Blue. Or Becky B. Blue.

Meghan4now
01-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Nobody's going to go for Becky Sue Blue? You could do Becky Sioux Blue if you wanted to be a bit more exotic (yes, I have known people whose birth certificates read Sioux.)

Like Siouxsie Q. and the Banshees?

ClosetED
01-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Olivia
Emilie or Emily
Rose
Teresa
Phoebe
Sophia
Catherine
Rachel

Hugs, Ellen

ronda
01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Lynn fits best I think but that just my opinion and we all know how that goes

Judith96a
01-17-2017, 12:44 PM
I like the idea of Elizabeth (spelt the way HM spells it!). Elizabeth can always be contracted to Beth, so you have lots of potential combinations,

Rebecca Elizabeth Blue
Rebecca Beth Blue
Becce Beth Blue
BBB (as in Beccy Beth Blue)
B3 (see above)

Have fun, whatever you decide

jennifer0918
01-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Becky Belinda Blue

Rosemary+
01-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Hi Becky,
I like Rebecca Mae Blue

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Hi Becky Blue:hugs:, ~~~~~~~~~~Becky Jo Blue~~~~~~...:daydreaming:...

Becky Blue
01-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Wow thanks for all the ideas girls... some of the suggestions are great but for various reasons I can't use. I will spend some time considering a few that are pretty good. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to suggest some great names, I did LOL at quite a few..
Lorileah - Iam - is that like a feminized version of Ian :D
Jennifer - Its G'daymate all merged into one word
Kristyn - Danger :eek:
Meghan - Yes our head of state is the Queen, but we are considering a revolution even as we speak

nikkiwindsor
01-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Hiyah Bec,

I suggest Bongani, Thabo, or Charlize...if u prefer additional suggestions I've quite a number of other names to offer...Nikki

Allisa
01-17-2017, 05:42 PM
How about Forster, being from Australia and all. Becky Forster Blue, kind of rolls off the tongue.

Becky Blue
01-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Allisa, we don't drink Fosters here - NOT cool, its for all you 'foreigners'

nikkiwindsor
01-17-2017, 06:13 PM
Becky is too picky! So says Nikki (note the rhyme)

Acastina
01-17-2017, 06:42 PM
I'll side with the Ann(e) group. I guess my folks were only slightly better-off than yours. My brothers got middle names (mother's maiden surname and her father's name, respectively) but, by the time they had me, they could only afford an initial, M. I think my dad must have had a raise in my first year, though, because my sister (13 months younger) got a full middle name as well.

And silly me. When I decided on my female name, I filled out the middle with "Marie", so there.:tongueout

Meghan4now
01-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Allisa, we don't drink Fosters here - NOT cool, its for all you 'foreigners'
Yeah, well start exporting a better beer and we'll drink it! :lol:

Wait, what DO you drink? I gotta know!

KimberlyJean
01-17-2017, 07:06 PM
I like Rebecca Rey Blue. Too Star Wars?

Barbara Black
01-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Rebecca Annie Blue. I thought about Anna, but then you have RebeccA AnnA. not so good.

Helen 2
01-17-2017, 08:42 PM
I'll bite.
When a first name ends in a vowel, I like a middle name that also starts with another one, because the blend together in a syllable, what we Latinos call a 'diptongo'. So:
Abia (pronounced AbĂ*a) which means 'God is my Father'
Aisha which means 'one who is alive'
Alaina which means 'precious'
Aliza which means 'filled with joy'
Elaine which means 'torch of light'

NicoleScott
01-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Another vote for Ann or Anne (but not Anna).

Becky Blue
01-17-2017, 09:59 PM
This thread has really made me laugh...Acastina... you really had a middle name of M... wow... times were tough back in the day!!

Maghan.. well we certainly do not drink American beer, over here they say thats like making love in a boat..... I am not really a beer gal, more of a red wine lover, but a Carlton Draught on a scorching hot day can hit the spot or dare I say a Corona

And Nikki is a poet, didn't I know it?

Seems to be a lot of votes for Anne I am actually warming to Alyce (Pronounced Alice) but still considering all of the suggestions here, well technically not all... as I can't see myself called Rey lol

Meghan4now
01-17-2017, 10:21 PM
Becky,

I get that yall might not like Budwieser, but Corona in preference? Shame that you don't get the good American beer, but maybe we're not exporting it.

I know we've been pawning off Bud in the UK for years. In fact back in 2000 it was the most popular beer in Britain. Mostly cause it came in long necks which are great for smashing over an opponents head. Even been in a pub in Newcastle?

Anyway, nowadays, American beer holds its own against any in the world, as does American wine and Burbon. Just got to go to the higher end store. And that Budwieser class of beer, that section in the grocery store shrinks each year.

And Becky Anne is really growing on me. Just so balanced.

Acastina
01-18-2017, 12:15 AM
Meghan, please. We talkin' regular American beer here? You know:

How do you make American beer? Take beer and add water.

How do you make light beer? Take American beer and add water.

Sent from the vicinity of the world headquarters of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Pale Ale forever!:cheers:

Becky Blue
01-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Hey Acastina, I have had lunch there and tasted their fine Pale Ale too... have to agree with the water comment, making love in a boat as I said above.

KitCat
01-18-2017, 07:11 AM
I see Marie as a very nice fit

the inflections there are so different im not sure if it will translate well

Good luck and remember its your choice not ours!

Lily Catherine
01-18-2017, 07:15 AM
I'm siding with Lyn(n)(e). Flows really well.

CarlaWestin
01-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Lynn, Sky or Anne are all good.
How 'bout Thumper or Weckie?
And, I know that the entertainer Penn Jillette named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter Jillette.

:straightface:

Judith96a
01-18-2017, 11:45 AM
How do you make American beer? Take beer and add water.

How do you make light beer? Take American beer and add water.

Never mind Fosters or any of that American stuff, Guinness is the real deal. Nowt like it to put hairs on your chest! Oops, wrong section :drink:

And to return to the subject... "Becky Ann Blue" does trip off the tongue. With "Rebecca Ann Blue" you have to slow down a little, maybe that's no bad thing.

Meghan4now
01-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Becky,

Please forgive me for veering off subject, but the beer discussion is awfully good, and you seem to be a good sport. Lots of good American beer. Maybe not good 'Meruhcin beer. There's a difference. I brew, and I tell people that Budwieser is a really hard beer to make. It is really difficult to make a beer with practically no taste, any off flavor will be detected!

Anyway, any decision yet? Anne seems to be popular. And I like Alyce, that seems really Aussie. Maybe Matilda. Do you dance? :twirl:

Acastina
01-18-2017, 12:59 PM
"Budwieser is a really hard beer to make. It is really difficult to make a beer with practically no taste":lol:

Yet the corporate monolith seems to have mastered the craft of making something from fermented barley and hops that tickles the palate like, oh, tap water with a rancid Fizzie? I'm greatly relieved that your view of "American" beer includes the amazing craft industry's products.

BTW, you ladies DO drink yours from a glass, don't you? I had a young CD friend years ago who used to go with me to T-friendly events out of town (in fact, s/he worked under my nephew's supervision on the bottling line at Sierra Nevada). There she sat in the bar, drinking directly from the bottle. I asked the bartender for a chilled glass, went over to her table, poured her Pale Ale into the glass, and told her, "A lady doesn't drink beer from the bottle." with a wag of the finger.:naughty

If you're a homebrewer:stirthepot:, you'd probably enjoy Ken Grossman's Beyond the Pale. the Story of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. I just checked, and it's on Amazon. Lots of brew-techie stuff and a truly amazing local success story.

But wait, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah, a middle name for Becky.

Anne. I'll drink to that!

Becky Blue
01-19-2017, 08:34 AM
I love how this thread has expanded to include beer of all things :drink:and yes no drinking from the bottle when enfemm not very ladylike. Actually Becky's drink of choice is lemon martini - does that influence what my middle name should be?

Acastina
01-19-2017, 12:05 PM
My wife's favorite cocktail. The Thinking Person's lemonade. Or was that Drinking Person?

Marianne S
01-19-2017, 06:55 PM
Well Becky, I vote for "Sue." That was the very first name to spring to my own mind, instantly and quite unbidden, long before I saw that other like-minded posters had also proposed it.

Mind you, I like Ann(e) as well, just as several other posters do here. I can't call this "original," but I guess I like "classic" names. They combine dignity with femininity. In addition, with a two- or three-syllable first name, I felt it was best to pick a simple, shorter sounding middle name. "Becky Ann(e)" sounds fine, but the only problem is when we follow "Rebecca" with a name beginning with a vowel. Then we end up with a glottal stop in between, a sort of verbal "hiccup." That's unless speakers interpose a consonant in between that isn't really there, the way many people talk about "vanillaRice cream," for instance. "Rebecca Sue" on the other hand "flows" just as gracefully and euphoniously as "Becky Sue" does.

Besides, it was inevitable that "Sue" would come to mind, because it sounds so completely natural:

"If you knew
Becky Sue
Then you'd know why I feel blue
Without Becky
My Becky Sue..."

Didn't somebody sing something just like that once? ;) Long ago it was, "before the music died..."

All the best, whatever you choose!

Bruce64
01-19-2017, 07:07 PM
I pick Lynn

Lynn is Sexy
Lynn is Sweet

GretchenM
01-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Acastina, I am with you and am a big fan of Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale. I have never been able to determine what is so charming about it; to me, it is kind of mystical. However, being a Coloradan, I have to make a pitch for New Belgium's Fat Tire. I can't decide which is better with respect to my taste buds. That said, I drink very little beer or ale. I am a wine person - Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc (anything Pinot), and Dry Rieslings. No intention of changing the subject.

Bec, my friend, I am still going for Anne. But there have been a few other really good suggestions. We are all eagerly awaiting your decision, perhaps announced with great fanfare.

Acastina
01-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Hi Gretchen-It really is a fascinating story, how the Pale Ale came to be, and how it has become legendary. Ken Grossman had a passion for whole hops, not the pelletized stock that most brewers use, and a complete obsession for consistency through strict controls of water purity, times and temperatures for the brewing process, and cleanliness of the equipment. It was not an instant hit, as the prevailing palate in the 1980s favored less-bitter beers. But, boy, did it gather a cult following once people acquired a taste preference for it. It amounts to about 75 percent of the company's output even today, when they brew dozens of different varieties, some of them seasonal and some even one-off batches with limited distribution.

Becky and I have PM'd that she was here in my home town twice on business and dined at the wonderful brewpub restaurant at the brewery. Pity that her work won't likely bring her here again. I'd love to show her the town properly. She did stay at a cool boutique hotel, and she found our landmark downtown Mexican restaurant. Girl knows how to find the right places.

Pat
01-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Should we ask if we can have this renamed "The Beer Thread?" It seems to have separated from the whole finding-a-name thought that started it.

Hell on Heels
01-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Hell-o Becky,
Jennie how about giving her a few beer type names to choose from?
Like Amber, or Shandy? Are there others?

Has anyone suggested Crystal?
Then again... Danger still appears to be on the table!
Much Love,
Kristyn

nikkiwindsor
01-20-2017, 04:02 PM
I'm getting the feeling that Bec has already made up her mind w/ Alyce as her middle name... but we'll see if she asks again for more suggestions

Acastina
01-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Becky Stout Blue? Nah.

Becky Ipa Blue? Worse.

Becky Porter Blue? Workin' on the railroad?

Becky Ale Blue? What ales you?

Becky Pilsner Blue? Family name?

Becky Bud Blue? No, no, no!

mona lisa
01-21-2017, 05:15 AM
Ann or Marie.

Becky Blue
01-22-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm getting the feeling that Bec has already made up her mind w/ Alyce as her middle name... but we'll see if she asks again for more suggestions

Nikki is partly right...Alyce is the club house leader, but I am enjoying this thread too much to settle just yet. I know that Anne is the popular choice by quite a way, but I know two Anne's and don't particularly like either...

Becky Blue
01-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Ok decision time. Some of your suggestions were great but could not be considered for various reasons.

I found this thread very entertaining and loved the Beer sidetrack. But there comes a time when all good things must come to and end and being a decisive person I must make my decision. It will not be surprising that I have selected Alyce as my middle name.

Thanks for all the great suggestions ladies...
Love
Becky Alyce Blue
aka Rebecca Alyce Blue

Pat
01-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Awesome, Becky Alyce Blue. Good choice.

GretchenM
01-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Hi Bec,

Great choice. Very elegant and very feminine.

Gretchen

donnalee
01-30-2017, 09:16 AM
How about "Azure"?

Meghan4now
01-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Ok decision time......... I have selected Alyce as my middle name.

Thanks for all the great suggestions ladies...
Love
Becky Alyce Blue
aka Rebecca Alyce Blue

I'll drink to that!:drink:

Leslie Mary S
01-30-2017, 09:32 AM
Get some Ying Ling. or Ol' Froth n sloch The beer were the foam stays on the bottom. (research it.)

Beverley Sims
01-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Becky, go for the initials..... B.A.B

Or I may suggest ..... B.B.B

Belinda, Barbara, Beverley,BERYL.... AND SO IT GOES ON.

Put the "B" names in a hat and pick one out if you are desperate. :-)

Swottie
02-02-2017, 07:39 PM
I like Rebecca Rey Blue. Too Star Wars?

I had almost the same idea, except spell it as Rae instead, so to be less Star Wars. I actually really like Rae myself, and am thinking of chaning mine to that. :)

Oh oh oh, that also makes the initials BRB - be right back ;)

Becky Blue
02-02-2017, 09:02 PM
I do like the initials BRB I must admit, but BAB has a certain ring to it... Becky Rae/Rey sounds to Southern USA to me, NOT that I have anything against southern USA peoples but I'm an Aussie gal.

greeneyes
02-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Rayn.....pronounced rain.....:)