PDA

View Full Version : what is one thing you hate about crossdressing....

mykell
01-21-2017, 03:03 PM
having been out on many occasions it never occurred to me how annoying some little things could be while being out and about in the "wild" while being my true self....now all can share with us but keep it to the lighter side of life, pet peeves as it were...
some still struggle with how they identify and such and im sure they have more serious thoughts to contend with.
please only add one each....

so for me "hair in my mouth while eating" is on one of my nerves....

Nigella
01-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Having to buy male clothing because sometimes its difficult to get things in women's sizes

RADER
01-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Having to return to Male Mode after a great time in the reverse.
I do wear fem jeans all the time now, and with panties and a bra,
well I am almost there.
Rader

Jenny22
01-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Not enough closet space for my pretties!

Micki_Finn
01-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Hmmm. Just one thing... I'm going with ingrown hairs.

Jaylyn
01-21-2017, 04:49 PM
I guess for me knowing it's time to get undressed and the pain of getting all the makeup off.

Evie82
01-21-2017, 04:56 PM
The one thing that annoys me is the amount of shaving I have to do. I really love the feeling of nice smooth skin, the smell of my moisturising lotions and the way my clothes feel against my skin straight after shaving, but it's that it never lasts long enough meaning I have to keep on top of it to stop from it getting uncomfortable. I'm really hoping to get hormone therapy that could potentially help this a lot!

Dana44
01-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Mikell, I have to agree on the long hair tries to get in your mouth, I have learned to out it back and not tilted your head as you are eating. But when I have to be male in the morning, I don't want to go to bed as my feminine self is trying to stay alive. LOL Yep she is important.

Meghan4now
01-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Having to return to Male Mode after a great time in the reverse.
Rader
Breaks my heart every time.

Evie82
01-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Breaks my heart every time.

Agreed! I took that as a given for us all!

Fiona123
01-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Being closeted and DADT.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that was two things, sorry.

briana_betancourt
01-21-2017, 05:38 PM
The one thing I hate? How long it takes me to transform! It's the definition of a labor of love.

CONSUELO
01-21-2017, 06:15 PM
The lack of widespread social acceptance.

Allisa
01-21-2017, 06:21 PM
That extra load of wash(delicates).

Periwinkle
01-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Long hair gets really annoying after a while. Especially while eating.

Glenda2
01-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Long hair gets really annoying after a while. Especially while eating.

I soon learned that one had to walk into the wind while eating ice cream cones. ;-)

Kandi Robbins
01-21-2017, 07:14 PM
I have a number of wigs and I am not good at wig upkeep (my Cd kryptonite). There is always one single hair that will either stick to my lipstick or eye lashes. But the hair doesn't come from where I think it does, usually from the back of my head or something. I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how the move the thing! And it's always a single hair, I can live with a bunch of hair in my eye.

Stephanie47
01-21-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm construing the question as "while being out and about in the wild" and not because femme time may be over.

My biggest complaint has been walking on concrete sidewalks in high heels. It's not because I cannot negotiate the walk or strut. It's because concrete is so hard on relatively thin and non absorbing shock on the heels and soles. My male shoes are much more comfortable. I did finally buy a pair of relatively flat shoes (wedge) with man made material on the heel and sole to deaden the impact of my weight. Much more comfortable.

In the past I have recommended for long walks to wear a pair of athletic shoes with brightly colored laces, and, carry a pair of heels in a tote. When I was still working in the financial district many of the well dressed professional office women carried their heels in a tote and changed at work.

sara66
01-21-2017, 07:23 PM
I don't always have enough time.
Sara

BLUE ORCHID
01-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Hi Mikell:hugs:, I really hate when Orchid has to go back in the closet...:daydreaming:...

DIANEF
01-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Most of the things already mentioned, plus stabbing myself in the eye with the mascara brush.

AmyVanessa
01-21-2017, 07:34 PM
It costs more to get my hair done now, than it did back when I just got buzz cuts all the time.:)

Stephanielawrence
01-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Having to take off all my pretty clothes and go back to drab mode! The hair in the mouth is hard to get used to as well!

BettyMorgan
01-21-2017, 07:49 PM
I can relate with most of what's been posted so far especially the putting away my clothes after a fun evening out.

One of my peeves is texting with fake nails. I have to change the angle of my fingers and it doesn't always work.
Second peeve is fake eyelashes. I LOVE THEM, but can't seem to apply them myself.

Marcia Blue
01-21-2017, 07:51 PM
When life prevents sufficient dressing time.

Amy Fakley
01-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Boob Sweat.
Specifically sweat that makes your boobs fall off :-)

JeanTG
01-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Kind of "all of the above", but worse for me is DADT: having to sneak about. I don't mind not dressing in front of my wife. I can get why she doesn't want to go there, but I wish I could at least hang my clothes in the closet so my dresses and things wouldn't be so wrinkled when I want to dress, and I wish it would be OK to say "I'm dressing today so if you don't want to see me, text if you plan to be home early".

IleneD
01-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Female clothing fasts, hooks and fasteners.
The ones at the top of a skirt or dress zipper are always so tiny. And don't get me started on corset fasteners/hooks.
All the little, tiny things that go with women's attire. Some jewelry clasps too are almost impossible to secure behind the neck blindly.

Many of us CD girls are mature and up there in years. Eyes not so good, and we still have large oafish fingers.

Megan b
01-22-2017, 09:58 AM
I dislike removing the tangles from my wig where it rubs the back of my neck. It just bothers me because I always loose a few hairs.

JocelynJames
01-22-2017, 10:23 AM
The makeup needed (for me) and the removal of such

StevieTV
01-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Lack of closet space.

Helen_Highwater
01-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Looking at all the pictures of you absolutely gorgeous gurls who just make me feel down right ugly. Still gives me something to aim for.

docrobbysherry
01-22-2017, 11:58 AM
My top 3 r:

1. Makeup
2. Makeup
3. And Makeup

For 12 years I dressed without it. But, now when I go out I have to use it. Here's why I hate makeup:

1. I'm terrible at it:doh:
2. It's like lipstick on a pig in my case:eek:
3. It's a complete waste of time and energy:Angry3:

mykell
01-22-2017, 12:05 PM
now now helen, from where im reading you have a lovely looking avatar and true beauty radiates from the inside out :D pick another

Jenny22
01-22-2017, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=IleneD;4053969] Some jewelry clasps too are almost impossible to secure behind the neck blindly.

Here's an easy solution ,,, convert the clasps to magnetic contacts ones. Wally World has them. Works for bracelets, too.

Donna St. Marten
01-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Body hair management.

joank
01-22-2017, 12:45 PM
I really hate not getting dressed (as a woman) when I get up in the morning. I so look forward to spending the day in girl mode.

CarlaWestin
01-22-2017, 01:00 PM
In a word, DADT.

ronda
01-22-2017, 01:32 PM
having to take my bra and forms off when my son is home he knows I dress his girl friend helps me do my make up but I cant bring myself to dress in front of him

audreyinalbany
01-22-2017, 01:36 PM
I HATE that it causes me to sometimes wish my wife wouldn't come home too soon 'cause she doesn't want to see me dressed. that makes me feel like a terrible person

Alisonforme
01-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Not having enough time for it

susancheerleader
01-22-2017, 02:02 PM
The biggest thing I hate about cross dressing is feeling unaccepted. Feeling like although I am comfortable with myself, I also have to accommodate those who expect men to act like men and wear men's clothing. Usually that mean me wearing women's clothing outside my house, but not in an overly feminine way. I.e. Women's Jeans and a women's sweater but not obviously feminine. But if I want to wear a dress or another obviously female clothing then keep it hidden either inside the house or under something like a coat or whatever.
My problem is I live in a small town and everyone knows each other for the most part. It is a very "traditional" place. Men are men and women are women. There isn't any other. I don't do well with people starting rumors or even staring at me like the would if I went to the store in obviously female clothing. My family knows. But it falls under DADT.

Lana Mae
01-22-2017, 02:09 PM
I agree with Kandi! One hair, just one hair but it is in your face and bothers you to no end! A bunch of hair in the eyes or in the mouth I can deal with but one hair being annoying is so bad! Hugs Lana Mae

deebra
01-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Leaving home with a tight tuck and tight thong or panty to hold it in place and once out and about it becomes uncomfortable like hurting and can't wait to get home to get out of it. Other times when wearing the same thong and panty it is very comfortable and the feeling is there is no package down there. This gives a very nice feminine feeling when tight girl jeans are pressing against the flat front and you are aware of how feminine this feels. And the tight girl jeans fit this area very nicely.

chelyann
01-22-2017, 02:35 PM
body hair

Lucy23
01-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Struggles with self-acceptance.

JustJoni
01-22-2017, 03:15 PM
My wig hair is always getting stuck into my earrings...and my eyeliner always seems to epically defeat me.

StephanieM
01-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Looking at all the pictures of you absolutely gorgeous gurls who just make me feel down right ugly. Still gives me something to aim for.

Don't sell yourself short, based on your avi you look pretty good.
Now I look like Mr Bean in a dress. :D

What I hate the most is having to remove the nail polish from my fingers I absolutely love having them painted.

Hair seems to be the biggest complaint and that's my second. Mother nature decide to make me bald so unless I'm dressed I don't have to deal with stray hairs.

janec
01-22-2017, 03:22 PM
not enough time for dressing and hahing to go back to male mode

ZenladyCD5
01-22-2017, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't exactly say I hate the following, but it's rather that I just don't want to bother with it as I feel it takes too much time to do these things:
a) Hair/Wig
b) Makeup
c) Shaving

Oh wait. The thread said just one thing? Well then, it would have to be makeup.

sometimes_miss
01-22-2017, 03:56 PM
One thing? Oh, I can't pick just one. Let's just say all the inconveniences that women tell us about their clothes, then add in the crossdressing problems!

Tracii G
01-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Can't think of any except wearing a bra but I can live with it.
Things are only a problem if you let them be one.

Karine
01-22-2017, 05:16 PM
I hate seeing a beautiful pair of heels and find out that there is not my size ;)
To be more serious, the only thing I hate about crossdressing is the secrets and the lies to my girlfriend.
I dislike feeling the urge and do not have the opportunity to dress.
Anything else: hair in mouth, time to prepare,.. is for me a part of the "game".

Ressie
01-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Too many to narrow it down to one, but I agree with everyone that's posted so far. One thing that bothers me is not having a girlish figure to go with the clothes I wear. Lack of womanly curves!

Scarlett398
01-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Taking off the nail polish! I first use tissue paper with the nail polish remover to remove most of the polish and then poor the nail polish remover over a red with black brush brisseled nail brush I buy at Auto Zone (which are the best nail brushes ever) and use the brush to remove the polish from the sides of the finger nails. I'm really quick with it now but it took a while to find the right combination to remove all of the polish where absolutely nothing is left...Scarlett....Good question by the way.....

Judy-Somthing
01-22-2017, 05:43 PM
For me it's the hiding.
Everyone in my family has flexible work schedules and randomly show up at my house
So when I do get a chance to dress I have to peek out the window every time I hear a car.
It takes half the enjoyment out of dressing.

Sarah Louise
01-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Not being able to dress when I want for how long I want. My wife doesn't want to see me dressed and my kids don't know, so it's a case of trying to fit it in when I can.

susancheerleader
01-22-2017, 05:52 PM
If I had someone to show me makeup, maybe that would be my worst thing. (I've never done any makeup. Don't know how and no one to show me how.)

DIANEF
01-22-2017, 07:44 PM
So when I do get a chance to dress I have to peek out the window every time I hear a car.
It takes half the enjoyment out of dressing.

Know that feeling so well. My eldest has a key, my wife and youngest both work but have a habit of coming home early. My work schedule constantly changes. You wouldn't believe the lengths I have to go to just to get some Diane time.

irene9999
01-22-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't mind shaving my legs, I just hate the period in the couple days after when I start getting stubble :( Aside from that, it might have to be that when it's really hot out it's hard to crossdress since there's the wig and makeup can make feel warmer

Becky Blue
01-22-2017, 08:52 PM
I agree with most of above:
- trying to text with nails
- trying not to eat my hair too often
- the pain that starts radiating from my ear lobes after about 3 hours of wearing clip on earrings
- when hairs get caught in fresh eyeliner
- spilling food on my boobs much more noticeable than if it had dropped onto my lap

Ressie
01-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Taking off the nail polish!

I use cotton balls. Just soakd a cotton ball in remover and hold it on your nail for a few seconds. Wipe and most comes off.

(I've never done any makeup. Don't know how and no one to show me how.)

You can learn a lot from makeup tutorials on youtube. That's where I learned about using cotton balls to remove nail polish.

- the pain that starts radiating from my ear lobes after about 3 hours of wearing clip on earrings

Oh yeah, some clip ons are worse than others. The spring loaded hoops don't cause any pain from my experience.

Georgette_USA
01-23-2017, 01:21 AM
I love Becky's response.

I share all that but the earrings, had my ears pierced in 1975 to get away from that.

Those are not just CD problems.

CourtneyJamieson
01-23-2017, 01:41 AM
My one thing is the time it takes to transform. So many times I want to have some Fem time but it is just too exhausting to think of the time it will take to transform so I just give up.

Michelle Crossfire
01-23-2017, 01:57 AM
I wouldn't say hate, but there a few things that i dislike. Nails, they always seem to break off, sometimes without you even noticing it right away, plus it makes typing or texting somewhat awkward. The stray hair in the face and/or mouth is always a thing that i tend to dislike. Plus, i don't really know how to style the wig or hair, so i am limited in what i can do. Frequency in which i can dress is what it is, and going back to drab sometimes is a bummer as well. Would i give up crossdressing because of that. No. Just learn to deal with it

Beverley Sims
01-23-2017, 04:08 AM
Changing back. :-)

Raychel
01-23-2017, 08:44 AM
I guess the one thing that I hate is the full online shopping carts, and
not enough funds to complete the purchases.

MissTee
01-23-2017, 10:20 AM
The worst? Realizing you have dressed for so l-o-n-g that you now have separate sections in the girl wardrobe closet: one for your fat clothes, and one for your skinny clothes.

Ivy
01-23-2017, 10:46 AM
The worst is not being able to as often. Due to my work schedule I have very little time to dress. I always want to do more then wearing under my clothes.

Jenny22
01-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Susan, first, buy and try some inexpensive, drug store makeup, perhaps a non-staining lipstick, blush, mascara and some makeup remover. Refer to the many on-line makeup tutorials AND what's available on this forum. Then its a lot of practice until you feel its starting to look reasonably good; then, its time to buy more, different makeup, and more practice. Most of the ladies here probably started this way. Its OK to buy it in drab. That's the only way I've ever bought makeup. Use a store (WallMart?) that has a self check out, if you need to. The practice is fun. Also, get a 10 power magnifying mirror to use to be sure all makeup is gone. Have fun and Good luck!

Tiffany in heels
01-23-2017, 12:03 PM
for me it's getting a new dress and not being able to get dressed up for a few days when the coast is clear.

IamWren
01-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Boob Sweat.

Amy beat me to it!
My bewbs don't have a self-adhesive and being closeted I don't glue them on either. So even I short amount of time, let's say 10 or so minutes in this humid Gulf Coast climate can have sweat build up underneath silicone forms.
So I hate it when he girls slip n slide under a bra and I get lopsided. :D

CD Tammy
01-23-2017, 12:35 PM
The back zipper! While I absolutely love the tightness of dresses, blouses, leotards with a back zipper, that zipper gets me. Putting them on, I use the hanger method but it is important to bring the hanger with me. Since I was traveling at night, I dressed for the drive. I figured that I would change before arriving at the hotel in the early morning. That's when I realized that I brought nothing to help me remove the dress that I was wearing. It took me forever to get that back zipper down.

Debra Russell
01-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Most annoying thing is that I have to dress at all and not just be that way ........you know.................................Debra

Abbey11
01-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Having it be crossdressing, why can't it be just normal, we pick and choose what to wear when want and it's standard heho.

On the subject of nails and this may not be general but happened to me, I put false nails on top of day old nail polish and they never came off, didn't think about it at the time but when I did come to take them off they were a real bugger to remove, they brought half the polish off with them, still, made the polish removing half the effort :)

mykell
01-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Boob Sweat.

Amy beat me to it!
My bewbs don't have a self-adhesive and being closeted I don't glue them on either. So even I short amount of time, let's say 10 or so minutes in this humid Gulf Coast climate can have sweat build up underneath silicone forms.
So I hate it when he girls slip n slide under a bra and I get lopsided. :D

im not allowed to leave the house dressed, the other day when i brought my things to wear in from the car to change i let out a yelp as i inserted the first form :eek: then i had to do the next one :devil: cold as ice....

Cheryl T
01-23-2017, 01:59 PM
It's not really about CD'ing, but I'd say shaving.
I know I could have done laser years ago but the budget wouldn't allow and now that it does the laser would not work due to the hair color.

Joni T
01-23-2017, 02:21 PM
Crossdressing. Period. It is a curse.
Jon

Samantha2015
01-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Great topic Mikell. There is some comfort in knowing we all struggle with similar
issues and it's not me being an idiot. LOL
For me I'd say it's the heat. All the undergarments to give me a better figure,
the wig (which I love) but it's like putting a fur cap on. In the summer heat and
humidity it is just unbearable. If I ever went full time as Samantha (doubtful) I would
have to move to somewhere in the Arctic Circle.

PeggyNell
01-23-2017, 09:06 PM
The one thing I hate is not having the hips and butt to make my dresses look sexy!😜 Typical male figure, big belly with no butt!! Like a marshmallow on a stick!

Becky Blue
01-24-2017, 12:51 AM
I forgot my actual worst one... when you lose one stick on nail when changing back. You just know its stuck onto something inappropriate and will no doubt show itself at the worst possible time.

jennifer0918
01-24-2017, 01:41 AM
I love it all !! No dislikes

lucy_miller
01-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Its so temporary, i'd love longer periods to dress, 3 or 4 days at a time, i tend to get three or four hours

Dannigirl
01-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Razor burn

CostaRicaRachel
01-24-2017, 09:30 AM
The one thing I hate about dressing up, how I look in the mirror :(

BrendaPDX
01-24-2017, 11:49 AM
All of them have been mentioned. Hair falling into my face and mouth, the time it takes me to put on makeup, combing my wig out, finding press on nails that aren't too gaudy, the muffin top from my corset, always rushing because I am still I'm
in the closet. Just to name just a few:o. Thanks for asking, I had a lot of fun reading the responses. Take care. Brenda

Pat
01-24-2017, 01:11 PM
It's not really about CD'ing, but I'd say shaving.

Shaving. Absolutely.

Sallee
01-24-2017, 01:54 PM
getting undone. removing makeup. getting done up is the best getting the make up off and storing things away, no fun

Nicole90
01-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Shaving! My legs need touched up every other day and it's a pain!

Alice B
01-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Having to hange back sooner than I would like.

Lydianne
01-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Washing make-up brushes is pretty tough. Well, the washing process itself is easy, but what it symbolises....

I guess it would be less depressing to wash them immediately after completing the facial construction, but the anticipation of getting dressed is irresistible :GD:. Plus, if the make-up needs to be freshened up later, it's lost time.

When I wash the brushes, I have nothing left but memories :weep: .

Sometimes Chelsea
01-24-2017, 09:38 PM
So many good answers posted already.

My serious one - the lack of acceptance of non-gender conforming presentation.

My not so serious, but grrrrrrrr it's annoying one - how long it takes me to wash my hair now.

Samantha Sometimes
01-24-2017, 10:12 PM
The severe damage to my bank account

countrygirl
01-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Not being able to be open with everyone.

Stephanie_V
01-24-2017, 11:38 PM
For me, it's the lack hips to fill out my skirts. Oh, and that dang 5 o'clock shadow. I know there are fixes (padding and makeup), just wish it was natural

Allison2006
01-25-2017, 07:47 PM
I'd have to say it's when I have to retire a pair of pantyhose!

Teresa
01-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Mikell,
One peeve is cold weather ! Wanting to go out in a nice dress or skirt for my social meetings and feeling the icy blast when you step out the car door !

Joni,
Sorry to hear you say that, I would never call it a curse !

mykell
01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
teresa ill agree with that, see post #76, but i do not enjoy the heat of the summer dressing with the wig and makeup that are essential for blending.

Lauri K
01-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Mastering the art of tight lining with eye liner

Stephanie Julianna
01-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Having to live in a DADT situation. I do tell my wife that I will dress when she is away for family visits but that's all I can say. She wants no part of it otherwise. In her defense she did try when we were younger but one or two bad situations scared her away. She does love me and I her so we still have more than many other married couples that I know. Life is just not perfect.

windshear
01-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Getting dressed, feeling so good doing so, and then... having to undo it all-
1) Running errands.
2) Someone arrives- your friend, the electrician/plumber/cable guy you had an appointment with...
3) You've got some dirty work to do and you're not going to ruin a good dress doing it.

Alice_2014_B
01-26-2017, 08:53 AM
The thing I hate the most about it is that I'm not better at it; however, I am grateful for where I am.
:)

Amanda Park
01-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Buying clothes and shoes on-line and then finding out they don't fit. (Women's sizes seem to vary a lot!)

Adelaide
01-26-2017, 09:57 PM
I hate that my wife does NOT accept me nor support me for who I really am. It's so sad....

Nadia Wren
01-27-2017, 11:39 PM
When my bras actually started to support my breasts.

leotard fan
01-28-2017, 06:05 AM
the thing i hate about crossdressing iswhen i am not crossdressing. other things is do not find clothes of my size and affraid of been caught...

KimberlyJean
01-28-2017, 07:15 AM
That I can't wear size ten shoes. There are so many more choices in 10 and below. I am grateful that I am an eleven and there are still a lot of choices for that vs 13s.

mikayla1964
01-28-2017, 08:48 AM
The biggest thing for me and I'm not dismissing having larger breasts or nicer hips or a head full of hair .and all the things others have mentioned .The biggest thing to me is acceptance of others without looking down on us with disgrace or other thoughts. The violence and harm they do and the women for not embracing us for who we are. If the world could only see without prejudice and see the real person not just the clothes one may be wearing. For all that is worn is man made material. Ok I'm done..lol

Rosemary+
01-28-2017, 11:38 AM
I love everything about CDing, though the one thing that will upset me.
everything planned to go, shaved, dress on the bed about to get made up, and an explained occurrence happens and you cant get dressed and your whole day is lost. So the day turns into a no dress day.
So frustrating

Sissy_in_pink
01-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Having to wear a wig as I have lost to much hair on top to go wigless.

Jane G
01-29-2017, 02:47 AM
Going back to DRAB. But as that's a given, I would add. Wearing padding on a hot summers day.

wendy
01-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Going back to DRAB. But as that's a given, I would add. Wearing padding on a hot summers day.

x 2. I love every aspect of my CDing, except when I have to change back, as I feel it is a let down.