PDA

View Full Version : acting naturally?

Allisa
01-26-2017, 07:01 PM
One more "natural" mannerism? As I was getting my mail, box located across the street, I grabbed the side of my knee length cardigan and pulled it to the opposite side then overlapped with the other side and crossed my arms as if hugging myself, then it hit me, I've seen woman do this all the time when getting a bit chilly and here I did it without even thinking, a natural response? Just one more mannerism that comes naturally to me, they sure are coming to the surface fast and furious any more. Maybe my acceptance of my femme side is firmly set now. And only 45 minutes before that you would not have questioned my gender as to my clothes and demeanor.

Julie MA
01-26-2017, 07:37 PM
Allisa, does sound natural. For anyone wearing something long that wants to get warmer. Julie

Dana44
01-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Yeah I did that today. It is like 52 here this afternoon and I was out in a t-shirt. Yep cold, and cross my arms as I headed back to the house.

docrobbysherry
01-26-2017, 08:26 PM
I have a mirror and I use it. I find when I do movements just like women I've seen? I usually look nothing like them!:doh:

Feeling u look like a woman and actually looking like one r not the same. Not saying u don't, Allisa. But, don't take my, "mirror test", if you'd really rather not know-----:battingeyelashes:

DIANEF
01-26-2017, 08:32 PM
I have a long length black cardigan and do the exact same thing without even thinking about it. I sometimes idly twist my (wig) hair around my finger, the same way a former tutor of mine who I really liked did.

Maria 60
01-26-2017, 10:16 PM
When I'm dressed and preparing dinner, I don't know why but I point my foot out to a side, I don't try to, it just comes naturally and such a feminine stance.

Acastina
01-27-2017, 04:21 AM
They're gonna put me in the movies
They're gonna make a big star out of me
I'll play the part, and I won't need rehearsin'
'Cause all I have to do is act naturally

RIP Buck Owens. Rock on, Ringo Starr.

Trouble is, we're taught from a very early age to suppress all kinds of human feelings and instinctive reactions in the name of masculinity. Twenty-thirty-forty years on, what a mix of entrenched behaviors and new aspirations.

Keep your head about you, but listen to the songs and dances of your heart. Live.

SherriePall
01-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Allisa -- Did you pull the right side of the cardigan over the left side before you hugged? That would be the femme way. OK, now, everyone check that out.

Beverley Sims
01-27-2017, 10:31 AM
I do the same with cardigans, cross my legs and tuck one foot behind my leg, talk with my hands, sometimes agreeknowledgeably about female dress malfunctions and discomforts, so the list goes on......

Have I ever been sprung...?

No, as a photographer of fashion I have experience with women about this all the time.

Yep, maybe some have pondered the subject later. :-)

Allisa
01-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Sherri, yes I did and I also put my belts on left to right.