PDA

View Full Version : Sweater dress?

susancheerleader
01-27-2017, 08:09 PM
I recently bought a sweater dress. It is form fitting down to my kneecaps. It is sooo comfortable! Probably the most comfortable feeling ever. I wear it with a pair of leggings or tights.
All I can say is I wish I can wear it outside my house. :( Other then my family knowing, (and it's DADT) I am pretty much in the closet. Except I do wear women's clothes but in a manner not highly obvious.
In other words, wearing this to the store probably isn't happening. :(

Julie MA
01-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Go for a little drive in it. Maybe stop for a short errand along the way...

Sara Jessica
01-27-2017, 08:44 PM
That is your choice not to take your new dress out & about.

MelanieAnne
01-27-2017, 08:45 PM
I have several sweater dresses. And they don't go to my knees. Very short. Feel great, especially in the fall and winter.

susancheerleader
01-27-2017, 08:51 PM
That is your choice not to take your new dress out & about.

Yes. It is my choice. And one I don't like making. 1) it is very socially unacceptable in my town. 2) I don't pass. Not by a long shot.
I really wish that I had a person (not you tube) showing me makeup and all the other tricks.

Julie Mehn
01-27-2017, 08:53 PM
The way i feel is if you have the opportunity to do it then go for it

bridget thronton
01-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Love wearing sweater dresses in the winter

Stephanie47
01-28-2017, 02:49 AM
This week I received an Apt 9 sweater dress that is lovely. It's gray with silver threads throughout. As I am tall the dress hits me slightly above the knees which is OK. The sleeves are actually long enough to come down to my wrists. I also have some long sleeves sweater dresses in brown and red. There's plenty of opportunity left to the season to get out and wear a sweater dress. It does not get as cold in western Washington State so I'm able to get by with sheer hosiery. Maine? Brrrrr!

Annemarie Dutch
01-28-2017, 05:05 AM
Would love to wear a sweaterdress with a pair of leggings! Pink of course 😍

Abbey11
01-28-2017, 06:19 AM
Hi Susan, I have a couple of sweeter dresses and yes very comfortable.
As for the makeup query if your able to locate and get to a dressing service away from your hometown in my experience they are very discreet and well worth it for the experience and makeup tutorial.

KimberlyJean
01-28-2017, 07:13 AM
I have a hard time with sweaters and sweater dresses. They usually end up making me look bulky up top. I recently purchased one from venus that I so wanted to love but it made me look like I was powerlifting again. As for going out, take your time. Either you will become comfortable with the idea or the need will push you out the door. When I first started going out I couldn't for the life of me understand why I wanted to put myself out there like that. Now, it just feels right to be out dressed correctly.

susancheerleader
01-28-2017, 09:31 AM
This is what I bought on Amazon

Samm
01-28-2017, 10:12 AM
I want that!

Ally 2112
01-28-2017, 12:17 PM
I have a couple of sweater dresses and find them very compfy .Usually i pair them with leggings or black tights

HollyGreene
01-28-2017, 07:11 PM
I have 3 sweater dresses and absolutely love them. So comfortable, but still look really stylish with the right accessories.

jami
01-28-2017, 08:22 PM
I would love to have it too

BLUE ORCHID
01-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Hi Susan:hugs:, Sweater dresses are so much fun to wear...:daydreaming:...

JeanTG
01-28-2017, 09:36 PM
I bought my first one last month and I absolutely love it! Comfortable, and flattering. For sure I'll get more!

Gabriella111
01-28-2017, 09:37 PM
I love sweater dresses! It's my go-to for work in the colder months. Leggings, a nice pair of boots, and a scarf to add a pop of color... that's my style!

My bf also wears sweater dresses around the house. He looks so cute in them! I can't tell if he's interested in wearing them out. A conversation I keep meaning to spark up, but I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to push him beyond his comfort zone.

susancheerleader
01-28-2017, 09:41 PM
I have two. One is kinda small in my opinion as it barley covers my butt. But yet it is comfortable. The other is the one I am bragging about. It goes to my knees and it is so comfortable. I love wearing it.

CynthiaD
01-28-2017, 09:41 PM
I have a maxi-sweater dress that I got from fullbeauty. It's sooo comfy, and sooo warm.

Tiffany.
01-29-2017, 09:33 PM
I absolutely love sweater dresses, they are just so comfortable to wear and for the colder weather I will also wear tights or leggings - perfect!! My sweater dresses range in length from just above the knee to a 'midi' length.

Lana Mae
01-30-2017, 12:34 PM
I like sweater dresses! I only have one but it is lilac in color and everyone seemed to like it when I shared some photos of it! I want to get at least one more. It doesn't get too cold here in NC and i can wear pantyhose with it! Hugs Lana Mae

Kanwal
01-30-2017, 04:59 PM
This is what I bought on Amazon

Wow
This reminds me of my Mom's blue outfit, I used during my teenage. It was same length and full sleeve-- used to fit my body showing all 'curves' :-) Still recall the thrill.