PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics perfect for cds?

Chrissycd
10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
I hope you girls like this thread. I just thinks it's so much fun to think of song lyrics from our perspective. I swear Shania Twain's hubby must be a cd b/c the two of them write her songs together and if you listen to them, they are perfect for girls like us.
Not just the obvious: "Man, I feel like a woman!", but, many others like "Home aint where his heart is anymore", "Any man of mine", "The woman in me", and the can't-keep-me-from-giggling "If you're not in it for love"
I'm sure there are all kinds of others out there I haven't thought of...
These lyrics are too funny:
"Mind if I sit down? Can I buy a round? Haven't seen your face before, are you new in town?"
and
"Babe, I can change your world, make you a cover girl, yeah you could be a beauty queen in a magazine"
Couldn't you just hear some clown saying that to one of us at a bar? :p
Well, anyway, if you know the songs I'm talking about, you're probably with me on this, but if not, think about it next time you're listening to your favorite song...
Chrissy

Jen_TGCD
10-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Wow... now you have me thinking. I didn't know that Shania and hubby wrote all those songs. Feel Like A Woman is the undisputed TG anthem. Problem is... no one could fit into her costumes!!! :rolleyes: So, if her SO dresses... I'm sure it's not in her stuff.

I can't think of any lyrics right off the top of my head... but I love the "androgyneous" songs by artists like Melissa Ethridge, KD Lang, Indigo Girls, No Fear and Queen.

Of course, there is Velvet Underground (Lou Reed)... who didn't try to hide the TG lyrics in Walk On The Wild Side....

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side
She said, Hey honey
Take a walk on the wild side

The one thing I have been noticing is that a lot of the guy singers are obsessed with girls wearing "dresses" lately. I'll get back to you with some names and examples soon...

Chrissycd
10-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Not the most popular thread in the world, I guess, but thanks for being sweet enough to respond... :confused:

Lily_gg
10-24-2004, 05:04 AM
The Killers' latest single - lyrics in the middle go "somebody told me; that you had a boyfriend; who looks like your girlfriend..."

Love it!

:p

babe4life
10-24-2004, 05:40 AM
I was listening to a song on the radio earlier today, but missed the start of it to know who the artist and title was. But it was so spot on for the topic! Aaarrrggghhhh, how could I miss the detail! :(

Julie
10-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Lou Reed's song Take a walk on the wildside comes to mind as Jen has already said. There are others which I'll have to look at later and post if I get the time.

There that didn't take long. :)

Oh Bla Di, Oh Bla Da by the Beatles had the lyrics.....

Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face
And in the evening she's a singer with the band

And Lola by the Kinks is famous for its links also

Julie J